www.thecityofsexy.com

An honest and short review of Model 12. Text review.

Gynoid Technology Limited is a high-tech. company focusing on the R&D of super-simulation beauty art collectibles,high-end mannequin, super realistic solid silicone dolls and artificial intelligent robot girlfriends. It is a perfect combination of the top international artists in the field of digital and human body sculpting, a well integration of the traditional art of sculpting and the 3D digital modeling, We starting from the prototyping to hand painting, taking care of each and every detail of our products. Our products adopts food-grade platinum silicone,alloy plus engineering plastic bones (keeping the ergonomics design in mind,we achieved the full-body joints mobility to its extreme ranges, including the articulation of finger joints). top-level styling, real-value experience...we can do more beyond your imagination. www.thecityofsexy.com
ThatOneGuy

An honest and short review of Model 12. Text review.

Post by ThatOneGuy »

Sadly my camera has bit the big one which leaves me with a text only review. So here we go.

I bought the Model 12 with Elina head (I know, so original right?). So before I go into it on the doll, I have to address some other things from the company itself which should sum up what the doll is, what it is used for, and what kind of support you will have.

On the shipping statement the doll is listed as Silicone mannequin for Photo. This is the most truest definition of what the doll is and intended for. This is not a sex doll, it is a doll used for photography that has the ability to be used for sex. The sexual aspects of this doll are merely an after thought. Just because it can, doesn't mean it was built solely around that function. Technically some offroad trucks can be driven through water, doesn't mean you should though.

The brochure is pretty lacking in general, but there are 2 important parts.

Section 1 [After-Sales Notice]

"1. All products purchased, except for a few quality problems, will not be entitled to repair, return or exchange. Buyers who confirmed the receipt of goods will be regarded as having confirmed the quality too. "

Meaning once you accept the doll, even with flaws, you are on your own. Because you have accepted it, they have upheld their end of the bargain and their obligations end. The purchase is concluded whether the doll is quality or not, because you concluded the transaction by accepting the goods into your home or have accepted the delivery in the first place.

"2. All finger joints must not be bent excessively toward the back of the hand. Fingers cannot bear object forces, any fractured dolls caused by the over bending beyond 15 degrees or caused by impacting or falling down will not be returned or repaired."

Self explanatory.

"3. Angles between thighs cannot be stretched beyond 140 degrees. The broken of inside skeleton or the tear of silicone, due to buyer's mishandling, factory will not take care of the warranty. Split is banned. "

If you damage the skeleton or silicone, then the doll is void from warranty. Which is weird because they don't offer any warranty to begin with.

"4. Factory will not be responsible for any repairing or returning of faded dolls which caused by buyer's vigorously wiping during maintaining process. Factory will provide a paid service for repairing, while buyers have to pay for the fright maintenance cost."

So if you ruin the paint on the doll, they will not fix it. There is nothing outlining how much repair costs are in general or anything else outlining it. I'm not quite sure what they fix seeing as everything is pretty much void from warranty.

"5. There is a risk of losing goods during delivery. To avoid risks, buyers can either buy insurance for dolls on their own or ask factory to send back repaired dolls with insurance. Factory will, by default, consider that buyers understand and accept all risks that may happen during the transportation, and will bear any potential losses if there is no special requirements in advance. Level styling, valued experience. We can do more, than your expectations. "

The last line is kind of strange. They can do more than your expectations, but if anything happens it's 100% your loss.

[Section 2] Can your doll be showered or flushed?

So this next part is how you clean the doll, and I will mention it so no one makes the mistake of doing what anyone would do with a normal doll. These are not normal dolls.

"Although there is no essential difference between bathing and cleaning, such kind of dolls are not recommended to be flushed with water or have a bath, because of the internal movable skeleton of the doll is made of metal and the foam silicone filling stuffs will absorb water if entered into water. The metal skeleton will be rusted, or has odor, due to long-term accumulation of water. Our recommended is cleaning dolls regularly with talcum powder or gently clean dirty parts with a wet cotton towel. "

I pretty much use a damp micofiber cloth that has a mild hand soap on it to clean any part that has had bodily fluids on it. Otherwise the dusting of powder pretty much gets rid of debris and dust. I used a douche and a bucket for the vagina and used an air pump to dry it out.

So onto the doll review itself now that the boring stuff is out of the way. So first off there is no butthole on the Model 12. There is a small featureless divot. There is no coloring or anything to outline the butthole. I have only used the doll for sex twice. The vagina was incredibly squishy to the point it didn't feel like anything. The vagina spreads wide when the legs are opened, making missionary a joyless experience as you can't really feel anything.

I tried cowgirl next and it was painful as the legs didn't have much silicone and you could really feel the hard internal foam. It was highly uncomfortable. I was going to try doggy style, but decided not to because of the thinness of the silicone and the skeleton not feeling very robust. The silicone on a parts of the doll is less than a inch. The silicone is only surface level and the rest of the doll has either solid foam or a very firm squishy foam interior.

The breasts were amazingly soft and squeezable and the top silicone layer is also incredibly soft. The ass cheeks are also soft, but only the very middle part of the cheeks that sticks out, the rest is firm. The skin texture was very nice, but the texture was pretty overpowering and felt like it should have been done just a little less. Paint and effects are great and have stood up great. So fit and finish wise, the Gynoid doll excels in this area. That however, is all it excels at.

The skeleton's joints moved buttery smooth, but after 2 weeks have loosened a bit. The doll can still hold poses, but it won't for long unfortunately. The articulated fingers are pretty useless overall. I find the fingers move a lot, so hand poses don't hold shape sadly. The doll is unable to hold anything and the fingers seem to want to bend back into a neutral position on their own. The toes actually feel like they have toe joints or a toe skeleton. Only the pinkie toe doesn't and is connected solidly to the toe next to it. The toe joints have a tendency to move upwards on their own.

The standing option should be avoided as the bolts cut the soft silicone feet. The feet are 100% squishy silicone and tear easily. The metal plate in the foot has some hard edges that felt like they were cutting into the silicone as I rotated the foot. I'm not sure if the feet can go in an up and down motion, but I know for a fact they do rotate.

The head is hard. It is not very kissable or touchable. It does however, hold paint and detail very well compared to most other dolls. I would like to go back to the fingers and mention that the tips of the fingers are triangular and fit the finger nail completely. It looks pretty weird and the thumb also looks weird.

There isn't much else I can say at the moment as I have only owned the doll for a couple weeks now. So to finish this small review up...

Would I recommend this doll for sexual use or cuddling? NO.

Would I recommend this doll for photography? If you have money to burn, Yes. If this puts a dent in your bank account, then no as you aren't getting a whole lot for your money. The range of motion of the doll isn't as good as most other dolls. Which means more complex poses aren't able to be done.

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: An honest and short review of Model 12. Text review.

Post by Gaijin »

Thanks for the review. Sounds like a model to avoid.

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

The neckline of the doll is highly noticeable. Gynoid has changed the design of how the heads attach to the doll. Before there use to be a large neck portion that you would have to fit under the head, instead the heads are 100% screw on. There is also a large gap between the back of the heads chin area and the neck. I assume they made the change so the heads could be screwed onto any body. Where the head meets the neck is very ugly though.
This was one of the best features. It's a shame Gynoid is going down hill.
Their problem is they "believe" they are the only show in town.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy »

justintime wrote:This was one of the best features. It's a shame Gynoid is going down hill.
I was actually shocked at the new change as I expected it to be like how the older models were. They haven't even mentioned that they made the change to begin with. I should have put two and two together when I started to see heads that were only for a certain body suddenly be able to be used with any body.

Ztar073
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Ztar073 »

justintime wrote:
The neckline of the doll is highly noticeable. Gynoid has changed the design of how the heads attach to the doll. Before there use to be a large neck portion that you would have to fit under the head, instead the heads are 100% screw on. There is also a large gap between the back of the heads chin area and the neck. I assume they made the change so the heads could be screwed onto any body. Where the head meets the neck is very ugly though.
This was one of the best features. It's a shame Gynoid is going down hill.
Here is my gynoid I got a couple of weeks ago, and given your experience with gynoid you be the judge
2021_0625_17462200.jpg
2021_0625_17462200.jpg (757.11 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
2021_0625_17462900.jpg
2021_0625_17462900.jpg (545.16 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
2021_0625_17463200.jpg
2021_0625_17463200.jpg (766.97 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
you just press the head in, no screwing involved

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Ztar073 Yes this is the way I know and thought GT was doing it.
I believe if has not changed, is the best neck design.
I am not a fan of screw on heads. Or I should say hard neck to head lines.
Nothing says "doll" like a bad neck to head connections.
Shelby Model Information

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy »

I assumed the heads were screwed on seeing as mine tightens when I turn it to one side and it actually feels like it's coming unscrewed when I turn it the other way. Not sure what's up with that then. I'm not brave enough to pull the head off so I'll just edit my post with the new information.

Leonlufies
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Leonlufies »

Thank you so much for the review, helped out a fellow man over hear wondering the same thing answering in my recent question and now reading your review.

Such a pity that Gynoid has the best body sculpture in my opinion but losing out on the intimacy purpose, cuddling kissing etc.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hmmm . . . Your review is detailed and clearly factual and bearing in mind how Gynoid gives appearances, sadly disappointing. It's possibly no wonder that a Gynoid owner wants to give me his doll for a review and buy another brand. In view of your review perhaps I don't need to.

EDIT: This post based on this review appears to be unfair. See post later in this thread.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

ionized
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ionized »

Interesting discussion about the neck and head connector. They have definitely made some changes to the neck for the newer Models.

There used to be a bulge in the neck directly under the chin for older bodies like Model 9 as shown on Akky's blog.
http://akkydoll.blog.fc2.com/img/20191201194933ccb.jpg/

I believe they reduced that bulge for newer Models because customers were complaining it's difficult to remove or attach the head back to the body without forcefully tugging or tucking in that chunk of silicone into the head. It might also be better in terms of durability by reducing the amount of twist to the silicone around the neck when turning the head to pose.

I don't think there are any changes to the head though. The side view provided by Ztar073 looks pretty much the same when comparing the same head before Model 12 was released. The gap between Elina's head and Model 12's neck is a little uglier because Model 12 was not designed for Elina's head initially. They probably realized they can fit Elina's head on Model 12 after development and she still looks passable.
http://akkydoll.blog.fc2.com/img/201912031031194e0.jpg/

I've also used to wonder why the top part of the connecting rod is threaded. It doesn't make sense to screw in the head since there is a locking mechanism in the metal part of the head until I saw the M8 eyenut on conquerdoll. It's used to secure an eyenut to hang your doll.
https://www.conquerdoll.com/post/how-ca ... al-at-home

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

A couple of Gynoid doll owners have contacted me saying that this review is less than altogether fair, despite appearances, and leading to my comment in a post above in which perhaps I as well as others reading this review might have been somewhat near to having been misled.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

I kinda read this thread as just people writing what they felt or knew.
GT does not have a blistering good reputation on and off TDF.

I will say I would own another one. But 100% just for photos.
Shelby Model Information

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy »

haremlover wrote:A couple of Gynoid doll owners have contacted me saying that this review is less than altogether fair, despite appearances, and leading to my comment in a post above in which perhaps I as well as others reading this review might have been somewhat near to having been misled.

Best wishes

Harem
Could you clarify what you mean by "less than altogether fair"? What did you find misleading about my review? I'm asking because if there is something not factual in the review I will change it, but my experiences with the doll and the pros and cons I have mentioned are genuine. I'm just letting buyers know that this doll is more for photography or show rather than for sexual use or companionship.

esquisseallure
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by esquisseallure »

Just like 4woods. They are beautiful doll but any sexual functions are simply an after thought. Not that great at cuddling too as the silicone is slightly firm.

Gynoid never really made my list even though Elina is a really cute face.
Snuggle buddy --> XYColo 163cm LB

Wishlist: Tayu, Elsababe 148cm, lushdoll

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

ThatOneGuy wrote:Could you clarify what you mean by "less than altogether fair"? What did you find misleading about my review? I'm asking because if there is something not factual in the review I will change it, but my experiences with the doll and the pros and cons I have mentioned are genuine. I'm just letting buyers know that this doll is more for photography or show rather than for sexual use or companionship.
I think that perhaps you might have been influenced by undue expectations.

Someone who considers their Gynoid to be satisfactory writes to me:
Dude is [repetition of specific words inapprorpriate]. Review the gynoid :thumbs_up:
Another writes
I feel that guys review of the model 12 on TDF is a bit harsh, the chap clearly did not do any research before buying one of their dolls, and could easily have found out about the lack of an anal orifice. This does seem to anger and frustrate rather a few otherwise potential owners, so if he was expecting a doll with an anal function then he was always going to be in for a disappointing experience.

Some GT owners are utterly delighted with their dolls but we don’t hear from many of them, but the disgruntled owner will nearly always want express their views to anyone that will care to listen.
And another:
......but I am not looking to defending gynoid publicly. They have screwed enough people over so I am OK with them getting bashed, but you also have to be fair. Some of his points have merit but the whole framing here is negative.

It's probably about time you get your hands on one, see what all the hype is about.
These are indications to me that another perspective is possible and the comment about 4Woods above is interesting. DS Summit might be likewise. For people who know what to expect, these dolls have their place and are very appreciated. Yes - I wish I could review one and often I review a doll with someone else or two in the background so that there may be double or triple pairs of expert eyes looking at the doll critically. I hope to expose realities. Sometimes faults are irredeemable and sometimes they are advantages that can be looked at in a different way. The important thing is to identify the purposes for which something is made and to see how well the item fulfils those purposes. For some, art is a good enough purpose.

Currently I'm reviewing another high-end doll. I'm not going to talk about that here but the bottom line is that although I wouldn't recommend the doll for all the purposes for which people might buy a doll a friend who was assisting me with the review who is a sculptor was so impressed by the sculpture that he wants to buy her from me when I've finished photographing and reviewing. My focus therefore is to review the doll for the purposes for which he might be buying, looking at issues particularly of skeleton movement and longevity of silicone, as a work of art.

As I wrote originally in this thread, you do raise important issues which are considerations but others tell me that there are other considerations and that another perspective is possible or might be reached.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

INFORMATIONS