kimberdoll.com

MY KIMBER REVIEW...THE GOOD AND THE BAD...WE HAVE A WINNER

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: MY KIMBER REVIEW...THE GOOD AND THE BAD...WE HAVE A WINN

Post by seagull »

The Aussie price is $799AU :)

johndside

Post by johndside »

I keep hearing the same phrase. "She is a great doll for the money", which means to me, you get what you pay for. My question is, is she as good as most any other TPE dolls? I love the price, but I don't want to be sorry that I didn't pay more. I've owned silicone dolls but never had a good TPE doll. Owned a very cheap one a few years ago. Yes, I know silicone is better in most cases, but I understand that the feel of TPE is more like human. From reading the reviews, it sounds like I should probably give her a try. Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with her.

Tighes
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Tighes »

johndside wrote:I keep hearing the same phrase. "She is a great doll for the money", which means to me, you get what you pay for. My question is, is she as good as most any other TPE dolls? I love the price, but I don't want to be sorry that I didn't pay more. I've owned silicone dolls but never had a good TPE doll. Owned a very cheap one a few years ago. Yes, I know silicone is better in most cases, but I understand that the feel of TPE is more like human. From reading the reviews, it sounds like I should probably give her a try. Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with her.
Brilliant doll for the money. I’ve owned KimberDolls for about 3 years now as photography props and have 15 of them now. I wouldn’t keep buying them if the weren’t any good. My first one I bought other than some hand wires that are broken, is still in as new condition. Definately not as expensive as others but the quality is amazing!!!

KimbersBoyfriend

Post by KimbersBoyfriend »

I have heard that phrase too but since I have only ever had a Kimber I can’t compare directly. However I get the impression that Kimber is less than half the price of others but only a little less than the features and quality. Based on pictures I think the more expensive dolls have better details and better skeletons. But not twice as good. Hence Kimber is good value. I am very happy with mine and would get another.

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

I bought a Kimber first due to advice from the forum elders and am glad I did; the thing is that due to good engineering and business practices, they are almost the same build quality as a Jinsan; they just have no factory customisation options. They make a great starter doll and I love mine to bits. Plus they have such an endearing face design that practically purrs 'I love you, honey!'. They are great for bedroom fun!

Some people stick with them, others go on to a bigger girl like me with the WM 174G I ordered, though I wouldn't give Kim up for anything. You can buy aftermarket eyes and wigs from Kimberdoll and if you match the skintone (roughly the same as WM tan or light tan, depending on batch) many other doll manufacturer's heads fit them (standard M16 screw thread). As you can see, they also make great models if you're into photography, and are nice household companions too, if you like that option.

Image Image Image

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Amen to that :)

homersexual

Post by homersexual »

Anyone's reviews mention staining issues?

I recently picked up a WM and wanted a second doll. bigchilli's review really sells her, and before I picked my doll up I had already planned on joining the Kimber club.

The staining issues are what's holding me back. I'm also concerned about fixed vs removable, but as light as she is I don't think that will be a problem since I don't really have much trouble moving my WM doll. I just imagine oil stains on everything. I've been keeping a close eye on my WM for this reason as well, but she's so far been dry and soft to the touch, even after initial cleaning, oiling, and powdering.

I'd be interested in all of your experiences.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

I have continuously kept my Kimber on white sheets or toweling for a few years now, no oil stains but did notice a very light pink tinge at one point. It washed out without any problem
It is possible the newer blends may be different than mine but team Kimberdoll are the only ones who could answer that :)

mre-jev
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by mre-jev »

homersexual wrote:Anyone's reviews mention staining issues?

I recently picked up a WM and wanted a second doll. bigchilli's review really sells her, and before I picked my doll up I had already planned on joining the Kimber club.

The staining issues are what's holding me back. I'm also concerned about fixed vs removable, but as light as she is I don't think that will be a problem since I don't really have much trouble moving my WM doll. I just imagine oil stains on everything. I've been keeping a close eye on my WM for this reason as well, but she's so far been dry and soft to the touch, even after initial cleaning, oiling, and powdering.

My WM dolls had to live on towels for the first few days as there was a little oil seepage and I didn’t want it on the bed sheets. This hasn’t happened with either of my Kimbers. If you’re worried about staining from clothes, I have had a few minor incidents and there doesn’t seem to be any difference between brands on how easily they stain, or how long it takes to clean them.

Just to add to what else has already been said by other people, I had an issue with my first Kimber which customer support dealt with brilliantly. They replied to all my emails within 24 hours and went out of their way to be helpful. I was so impressed, I purchased a second Kimber 6 months later.

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

Most new tpe dolls will leach oil to begin with
Doesn't last long so I wouldn't worry about it tbh

Kimber's seem a little less oily than wm IMO

@Homersexual

Fixed all the way dude
Kimber's feel amazing :whistle:
Get yourself a cheap aquarium pump and cleaning will be easy, 5 minutes :thumbs_up:

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

the living tribunal wrote:I bought a Kimber first due to advice from the forum elders and am glad I did; the thing is that due to good engineering and business practices, they are almost the same build quality as a Jinsan; they just have no factory customisation options. They make a great starter doll and I love mine to bits. Plus they have such an endearing face design that practically purrs 'I love you, honey!'. They are great for bedroom fun!

Some people stick with them, others go on to a bigger girl like me with the WM 174G I ordered, though I wouldn't give Kim up for anything. You can buy aftermarket eyes and wigs from Kimberdoll and if you match the skintone (roughly the same as WM tan or light tan, depending on batch) many other doll manufacturer's heads fit them (standard M16 screw thread). As you can see, they also make great models if you're into photography, and are nice household companions too, if you like that option.

Image Image Image

We love Kim too buddy :mrgreen:

A 174G 8O dude!
Congrats :glou: that's one sexy doll :twisted:

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

bigchilli wrote:We love Kim too buddy :mrgreen: A 174G 8O dude! Congrats :glou: that's one sexy doll :twisted:
Thanks! Jinsan have been delayed a bit, due to CNY and Covid, so just gotta wait them out :( Really looking forward to her arrival.

BTW That half negligee in the first shot works very nicely on her, thanks very much ... hope you like my signature pic, maybe you should start your own lingerie store :razz:

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

homersexual wrote:Anyone's reviews mention staining issues?

I've had my Julia for about a month and a half now, and absolutely no oil stains. She was not vary oily when I got her and hasn't leached any since. When I first got her, I wiped her down with warm water and powdered her liberally. Along with regular powdering, that was all that was needed.
No oil stains, but coffee stains on the other hand, may be!
IMG_3556.jpg
IMG_3556.jpg (922.18 KiB) Viewed 1063 times
IMG_3552.jpg
IMG_3552.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1063 times
IMG_0146.jpg
IMG_0146.jpg (703.16 KiB) Viewed 1063 times

homersexual

Post by homersexual »

Great responses, guys! I'm relieved to read that stains are not a problem. I've only recently had my first full sized TPE doll and she's only been with me for a few weeks (but it feels like she's been with me for a lot longer) so I'm still learning ins and outs. What I like most about what I'm seeing with Kimber is her overall weight to proportion ratio, and their top shelf CS, which makes a big difference.

bigchilli's remarks surprise me most. My spankin' new WM doll has been zero oil leeching. Reading that Kimber is at least as good nails it, (not to mention his review of her).

I have an aquarium pump I was going to use for drying but the flow is really weak. If anyone's got recommendations please share. I'd also be curious about wear and tear. My WM is removable, and it was just the most ideal since I remember all the old threads for Real Doll and the drastic work to repair them. I know silicone is different, and technology improves, but I'd hate to split a Kimber in half after a year.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Even a weak pump will still move air inside an open tunnel, might take half a day though
Mine is an Aqua One 9500 double outlet 400 L/H, nothing like an air compressor but gets the job done, as in bone dry after a couple of hours :)

INFORMATIONS