teddy-babes.com

New Babe on the way

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
mollyoh

New Babe on the way

Post by mollyoh »

I have decided to join Team Plush and add a Teddy Babe to my household. 8)
After hemming and hawing a good bit over which combo of eyes , lips etc that I liked best , I finally pulled the trigger and placed my order on Monday nite.
She will be a Nicole with no pubes and Tan Silicone nips. I don't really care for the Nicole wig, so I asked them for a Lisa wig (Lisa was def. my runner up choice :whistle: ) . She will probably end up being a blond though, as I have several wigs already.
I haven't named her yet.
She is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (friday) but good thing I noticed that Fedex requires a signature for her so Im going to have her routed to a Walgreens and hopefully can pick her up on my way home from work :D

Interesting note (well to me at least)..... she is almost literally coming from my old hometown. Springfield PA is one of the many small burbs around Philly. I even recognize the street name LOL

Apollo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: New Babe on the way

Post by Apollo »

Consider me subscribed to the thread

I'll be keeping watch with great interest in regards to the teddy babe
I too find myself wondering many things about them
so this will be epic
cant wait!!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Congrats. Welcome to the plush side! Got me a pair of plush lasses recently, though not TB. :thumbs_up:

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

Welcome into Team Plush.
Yes, the pubes have no socially redeeming value, unless you like rug-burns.
The eyes can be changed later if you wish by simply gluing the new ones on top of the originals.
I am sure you'll enjoy the perfect size boobs. I call them hand magnets.
Signature must be a new or an optional policy.
Enjoy

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

Congrats and good luck! I look forward to seeing pics. I'm also curious about how tall this current batch of Teddy Babes are.

setrack

Post by setrack »

mollyoh , welcome to the world of Teddy Babes

hope you are pleased with the purchase ...

Lisa Tina & Carly xxx

mollyoh

Post by mollyoh »

Since my little post generated a surprising amount of interest, I guess I should post an update that unfortunately she has not come home yet.
According to fedex it sounds like she got stuck in Orlando, but she's supposedly rescheduled for tomorrow (Saturday).
Fingers crossed

@gaijan - I'm interested in the height too, as I've seen folks saying the latest TBs are upwards of 6 feet or more ,even though they're only supposed to be 5'5" ? I don't necessarily have a problem with this .... I'm 6'2"ish myself

@missionary - you are a frequent flyer on this board and I enjoy reading your posts and looking at your babes

@settrack - I hope I'm pleased also. Honest confession, I recently purchased a VG but I found myself rather disappointed. In a nutshell, I guess I severely underestimated just how "single purpose" (sex) the VGs are. They are essentially unposeable, so they can't practically be used for sleeping next to or cuddling on the couch. at my age, I spend a lot more time wanting to snuggle and sleep than I do having sex LMAO :lol:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

mollyoh wrote:Honest confession, I recently purchased a VG but I found myself rather disappointed. In a nutshell, I guess I severely underestimated just how "single purpose" (sex) the VGs are. They are essentially unposeable, so they can't practically be used for sleeping next to or cuddling on the couch. at my age, I spend a lot more time wanting to snuggle and sleep than I do having sex LMAO :lol:
That's odd. Mine is a bit of a challenge to pose, but it's definitely doable and she's easily the most cuddly doll I've ever owned. I got their small breast model without an inner core as sex isn't on my priority list either. See "Meet Dhila" in my sig.

At any rate, good luck with your new babe, hope she meets your expectations! :wink:

mollyoh

Post by mollyoh »

Franz,
Indeed we did have some different experiences with the VG. I selected the "super" model . The supermodels have some sort of structure that gives them some rigidity and makes them spring back to their original (read: missionary) position, but no real armature. And because I got a slender babe instead of a chubby babe, you can easily feel the core in her hips and etc. In hindsight I couldve saved a lot of money and probably been happier with a "cuddle" model, BUT it was kind of off-putting to me in videos the way the neck of a cuddle model kind of just flopped around.

I'm hoping to experience at least a taste of TB bliss that keeps members here satisfied for 5-10 years or more

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Ah, thought that might be the case. Another member here had a similar issue. Ended up taking the core out of his. Of course, a few Teddy Babe owners have done that too, extracting the wire armature they use.

Yeah, Teddy Babes have been around in one form or another for a long while now and have quite a following. I think that speaks volumes for the product. Well, at least your new gal will have another plush to keep her company. :wink:

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

While you are waiting for your precious Nicole Babe, let our Nicole entertain you with a couple of picture.
Our Nicole is a 2020 version with no rotating hips.
We don't have any good pictures of the Babes with their original factory wigs. We apologize.
Nicole EW Promo Photo
Nicole Brunette
Nicole Blond, Green Eyes
Red-Heads: Amber and Lisa with long hair
We are not trying to hijack your post. Now it is your turn to introduce your red-head Nicole
Cheers
Attachments
Nicole Promo.JPG
Nicole Promo.JPG (60.49 KiB) Viewed 925 times
Nicole Brunette.JPG
Nicole Brunette.JPG (246.79 KiB) Viewed 925 times
Nicole Blonde.JPG
Nicole Blonde.JPG (186.27 KiB) Viewed 925 times
Amber and Lisa.JPG
Amber and Lisa.JPG (267.75 KiB) Viewed 925 times

mollyoh

Post by mollyoh »

Terrrible News !!!!!!
Those Neanderthals at FedEX trashed my Babe :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist:

according to their Email:

We were unable to complete delivery of your package from EIGHTH WONDER LLC.
Exception Reason

1. Damaged - handling per shipper instructions

Recommended Action

1. No action required.

ARGH

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

DAMN! Good Ole Freakin FedEx! :evil:

Apollo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Apollo »

mollyoh wrote:Terrrible News !!!!!!
Those Neanderthals at FedEX trashed my Babe :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist:

according to their Email:

We were unable to complete delivery of your package from EIGHTH WONDER LLC.
Exception Reason

1. Damaged - handling per shipper instructions

Recommended Action

1. No action required.

ARGH

That's awful, def not the update I was looking for or hoping for in this thread.

So what happens now?

mollyoh

Post by mollyoh »

not sure what's next.

I sent an email to TB, they probably don't respond on weekends though.

Can anyone who has gotten a TB recently comment on the packaging? like is it just a babe in a box or is there any reinforcing materials like foam or etc?
I wonder what the extent of the damage is. I guess I could try to call Fedex but they will probably just read me the same status I read on the tracking page

INFORMATIONS