www.thecityofsexy.com

Gynoid Laura soft silicone 9 month mark

Gynoid Technology Limited is a high-tech. company focusing on the R&D of super-simulation beauty art collectibles,high-end mannequin, super realistic solid silicone dolls and artificial intelligent robot girlfriends. It is a perfect combination of the top international artists in the field of digital and human body sculpting, a well integration of the traditional art of sculpting and the 3D digital modeling, We starting from the prototyping to hand painting, taking care of each and every detail of our products. Our products adopts food-grade platinum silicone,alloy plus engineering plastic bones (keeping the ergonomics design in mind,we achieved the full-body joints mobility to its extreme ranges, including the articulation of finger joints). top-level styling, real-value experience...we can do more beyond your imagination. www.thecityofsexy.com
noidea123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gynoid Laura soft silicone 9 month mark

Post by noidea123 »

Hello,
In April of last year I ordered my Gynoid model 10 with the laura head and not wanting to deal with the hard silicon lips that Gynoid are known for, requested a soft head option.
This being my first doll I inevitably made some mistakes, accidental finger bending back, damaging her heel while standing, knocking her head on a door are a few examples. After almost daily kissing for those 9 months her lips and nose are showing signs of wear, notice the removed makeup in the corner, wear of the matt coating on her upper lip and the tip of her nose. The same wear of the matt coating is appearing around her chin too. I've removed her teeth as they kind of get in the way for kissing, and they were simple enough to take out. I should also note her face was powdered just prior to taking these photos, without powder the damage is much more apparent. I've yet to contact gynoid to see if they could offer a repaint option (I doubt it, but it's worth a shot). Overall though I'm quite happy with my decision, I think the more realistic feeling makes up the slight wear but not everyone will have the same opinion.
As a side note, I would recommend against spooning, it wears the paint on the shoulders away and I think the shoulder joint may be damaged, it feels stiff and a small hole has appeared in the silicone there.

noidea123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Gynoid Laura soft silicone 9 month mark

Post by noidea123 »

was having trouble adding pics in the original post
Attachments
new new pic.png
new new pic.png (11.95 MiB) Viewed 1869 times
new pic.png
new pic.png (19.19 MiB) Viewed 1881 times
100_1133.JPG
100_1133.JPG (2.02 MiB) Viewed 1881 times

TChris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TChris »

The same has happened with the hard head on my starpery Cynthia head, even though it has a thick layer of "clear" (silicone) over the makeup, the tip of the nose has whitened a bit (1yr)

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

I think with most doll makers you will find this to be true. The truth is it's silicone, and it simply can not be made to have a lasting paint surface.
Now with that said doll lovers use dolls for different purposes other that viewing and photography. I think we as doll owners know this going in and should give this issue( paint fading and rubbing off) a pass.
It's been said and re-said here and other places. So it's common knowledge that this will happen. I was told from Gynoid , that I may not be happy wit the soft head. But I am will to try and will be ordering one soon.
I will say, that SP makes a great soft head and I just loved it.

It's true I would love for the paint to last forever, But learning how to apply makeup or airbrush may be something doll owners of painted dolls could or should consider before buying. ( based on their intended use of the doll)

I know I have experienced this with every silicone doll I have owned. Unfortunately it's part of the ownership of a painted silicone ( some TPE) doll.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

chachacast

Post by chachacast »

I've noticed some fading on my dolls lips, it's sad, I will learn to airbrush silicone with pigments if I have too

noidea123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by noidea123 »

It's true I would love for the paint to last forever, But learning how to apply makeup or airbrush may be something doll owners of painted dolls could or should consider before buying. ( based on their intended use of the doll)
I agree, for me kissing is the most enjoyable activity with her so it's well worth the trade off compared to kissing something that feels like a car tyre. I would maybe attempt to repaint her lips, but I fear disastrous consequences if I were to try airbrushing, maybe manufacturers could offer a repainting service.

INFORMATIONS