www.tayu-doll.com
We perform maintenance at 7:30 UTC for about 5-10 minutes.

Does Tayu doll have any problem or downsides?

TAYU is an innovative hi-tech silicone doll maker specializing in lightweight silicone dolls that are easy to handle. Our patented stainless resistant metal skeleton is closer to human joint movements to facilitate daily usage. We provide solutions for light silicone dolls while maintaining their full body softness. Our dolls are hassle-free and sweet companions who will fulfill your needs and bring you intensive and realistic sexual pleasure. TAYU will keep releasing new features to push the doll market forward with lighter, softer and more resistant silicone companions. http://www.tayu-doll.com
jkk211

Re: Does Tayu doll have any problem or downsides?

Post by jkk211 »

Swedish Meatball wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:29 pm
jkk211 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:25 am
Swedish Meatball wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:54 am There is a disturbing thread about paint peeling in the "Dolls in General" area that shows badly peeling paint on a TAYU girl.
Has anyone experienced this?

Here is a link to the page viewtopic.php?t=171645&start=15
It's about a third of the way down.

Yes, my 148 has paint peeled on the hands, arms, legs and ass. The only spots that still retain most of the paint are the areas that have not had any weight on them or friction. The breasts, upper chest, shoulders, upper and middle back.

The silicone itself is more of a white color, like the image of the hand in the link you provided. My doll's hands look far worse than that image. My doll's ass is pretty much missing all paint.

I don't think I would order another Tayu unless the pigment was part of the silicone. The peeled areas versus the non-peeled areas are jarring and unattractive but with clothes/stockings on, it isn't a huge deal but overall with the prices double when I purchased the 148, I would want FAR better quality in terms of resiliency.
Thank you, I appreciate your candor. I had almost taken delivery on one but apparently the universe threw me a lifeline.
If I had paid that much and had the paint peel off, I'd have been four star pissed off.

Maybe TPE isn't so bad after all?
I used to have an elsa babe where their pigment is part of the silicone. Even with the paint peeling issue, I would take my current doll in the state it is in over a brand new elsa babe or pretty much any other doll I think. The quality otherwise of Tayu is great, like softness, weight, placement of the love holes is perfect etc.. The asshole hasn't torn yet either which is a huge plus, the elsa babe asshole tore pretty quickly.

Also the sexy times climax feels better than with a fleshlight or Elsa babe doll too. I am still itching to order another doll but I really would want pigment to be part of the silicone itself, not just painted on.

For me the paint started peeling only 2 months in around the hands and arms. I emailed MRD and they and tayu pretty much said nothing we can do. The ass still looks attractive just from the shape, though discolored its still sexy to me. I think I would only really notice if I had a new tayu doll right next to it then the difference in coloration would be jarring.

Swedish Meatball

Post by Swedish Meatball »

jkk211 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:03 pm

I used to have an elsa babe where their pigment is part of the silicone. Even with the paint peeling issue, I would take my current doll in the state it is in over a brand new elsa babe or pretty much any other doll I think. The quality otherwise of Tayu is great, like softness, weight, placement of the love holes is perfect etc..

Also the sexy times climax feels better than with a fleshlight or Elsa babe doll too. I am still itching to order another doll but I really would want pigment to be part of the silicone itself, not just painted on.

For me the paint started peeling only 2 months in around the hands and arms. I emailed MRD and they and tayu pretty much said nothing we can do. The ass still looks attractive just from the shape, though discolored its still sexy to me. I think I would only really notice if I had a new tayu doll right next to it then the difference in coloration would be jarring. I think the hands are a worse offender, the color of the silicone is almost grey but the color of the ass at least still somewhat resembles what a fair-skinned girl would have.
There is absolutely no denying the design quality of TAYU. They check most of the boxes for me except for that finish. It's the reason I chose them. It's just that stark white silicone showing through the paint would be the only reason my wife would need to kill me!
She was all hot for me to get the 148D. We had picked her out, named her and the whole deal. Even now, she'd like me to move up to the 155B but I can't get past this paint issue. For some, not an issue but for me, at almost $5000 (USD), I just can't.

MRD is the best, hands down! They are beyond reproach in my book. I will be ordering through them when I decide who to invite to move in. :wink:

LionMagnus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LionMagnus »

jkk211 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:25 am
Swedish Meatball wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:54 am There is a disturbing thread about paint peeling in the "Dolls in General" area that shows badly peeling paint on a TAYU girl.

Here is a link to the page viewtopic.php?t=171645&start=15
It's about a third of the way down.

Yes, my 148 has paint peeled on the hands, arms, legs and ass. The only spots that still retain most of the paint are the areas that have not had any weight on them or friction. The breasts, upper chest, shoulders, upper and middle back.

The silicone itself is more of a white color, like the image of the hand in the link you provided. My doll's hands look far worse than that image. My doll's ass is pretty much missing all paint.

I don't think I would order another Tayu unless the pigment was part of the silicone. The peeled areas versus the non-peeled areas are jarring and unattractive but with clothes/stockings on, it isn't a huge deal but overall with the prices double when I purchased the 148, I would want FAR better quality in terms of resiliency.
That's good to know thank you for sharing. Some fade off spots can be covered up with cloth but some other areas will be hard. I was debating between MLW or Tayu for my doll. If I spent 3k+ I expect the paint to be better. Everything else Tayu does is amazing tho. I think I might go with MLW since it's 1k cheaper for their silicone dolls (they also lack owner reviews which might be a risk)

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

Yah, I’m waiting for them to start doing silicone pigmentation. I figure with Zelex coming out with their SLE model that has the silicone the same color as the skin that it’s only a matter of time before TAYU does so as well. It might still be a year or two down the road. But I think that it will happen.

Once that happens, I’ll be jumping on the TAYU wagon. I have the money put to the side (collecting dividends. Never let your money rest!) just for that.
---
DocWen
Never give up! Never surrender! - Jason Nesmith
Proud companion of Etsuko (MLW 148b) and Anjelica (XT Doll 163F)
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

drbalaramjones
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by drbalaramjones »

Btw; in regard to downsides: my 148 D+ Cup QingZhi TAYU doll's spine broke; now she absolutley can't stand or lean. But in some ways it's better i.e. easier to carry her, as her limp body flops over my shoulder. And now with a broken spine, her legs move when i'm banging her missionary (kind of makes it more real)

Primus_Sucks
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Primus_Sucks »

I actually posted this elsewhere, I definitely don’t want to be the new guy spamming a forum up but I got some new information for this thread.

I ordered a Tayu from MRD and this was part of my correspondence with Alice over there:

“The silicone base used for each doll varies according to the selected skin color. For instance, a natural skin color option will incorporate a light silicone base, whereas a light tan selection will utilize a darker base, and so on.”

All my homework seems to indicate that paint on a silicone surface will inevitably have this issue, but they do seem to be using a pigmented base now 👍

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

Primus_Sucks wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:10 pm I actually posted this elsewhere, I definitely don’t want to be the new guy spamming a forum up but I got some new information for this thread.

I ordered a Tayu from MRD and this was part of my correspondence with Alice over there:

“The silicone base used for each doll varies according to the selected skin color. For instance, a natural skin color option will incorporate a light silicone base, whereas a light tan selection will utilize a darker base, and so on.”

All my homework seems to indicate that paint on a silicone surface will inevitably have this issue, but they do seem to be using a pigmented base now 👍
Well, I’m a man of my word (“Once that happens, I’ll be jumping on the TAYU wagon. I have the money put to the side (collecting dividends. Never let your money rest!) just for that”). I’ll be purchasing a TAYU in the next few days. Haven’t decided on which one. While I like the improvements of the 158, I like the shape of the 161 better. Hmmmm>>>

Probably will get the 161 as the 158 is too slim for my tastes. I’ll have to sleep on it a few days.
---
DocWen
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

But then I also have another doll on the way… The sensible side of me says that I should wait until the XT Doll arrives… The horny side of me says: More NAKED CHICKS!!

:sigh: I’ll be a grown up and do the right thing and just enjoy the beautiful doll that I have.

Does any one else want to Pokémon these dolls and collect them all?

Curses!! :shakefist:

:haha4:
---
DocWen

DollCommander
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DollCommander »

Primus_Sucks wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:10 pm I actually posted this elsewhere, I definitely don’t want to be the new guy spamming a forum up but I got some new information for this thread.

Beware of half truths.

The base has always been pigmented, that's not the problem. The problem is that the "painted" skin tone (which is also technically pigmented) is a different shade then the base, so when it (the "paint") wears you are left with high contrast patches.

I would not expect Tayu or any other high end/hyper realistic doll brands to move from "painted" to through pigmented. Why? Because through pigmented dolls will be inherently less detailed and therefore less realistic. Realism is the "painted" brands claim to fame and it is not possible to achieve the same levels of realism without "painting".
DC's Suok Eye Candy Thread
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=149257

DC's Laila..Sex Crazed Goth Girl
viewtopic.php?t=160085

DC's Neve..Sweet And Sexy Secretary
viewtopic.php?t=163635

ovbtlwivxi
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ovbtlwivxi »

But could we expect it would reduce what jk221 called "The peeled areas versus the non-peeled areas are jarring and unattractive"? If the underlying pigment is much closer to the painted color, then the contrast of peeled areas should be much smaller and less jarring. Would that be the best to hope for given current materials?

DollCommander wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:41 pm

Beware of half truths.

The base has always been pigmented, that's not the problem. The problem is that the "painted" skin tone (which is also technically pigmented) is a different shade then the base, so when it (the "paint") wears you are left with high contrast patches.

I would not expect Tayu or any other high end/hyper realistic doll brands to move from "painted" to through pigmented. Why? Because through pigmented dolls will be inherently less detailed and therefore less realistic. Realism is the "painted" brands claim to fame and it is not possible to achieve the same levels of realism without "painting".

DollCommander
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DollCommander »

ovbtlwivxi wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:38 pm But could we expect it would reduce what jk221 called "The peeled areas versus the non-peeled areas are jarring and unattractive"? If the underlying pigment is much closer to the painted color, then the contrast of peeled areas should be much smaller and less jarring. Would that be the best to hope for given current materials?
That would be the best case or best path towards reducing the high contrast between base material and "painted" skin tone/detail while still offering high level of detail (before wear occurs).

In my opinion manufacturers use a highly contrasting base for the same reason that other industries do; because it is easier to visually judge "paint" coverage, light coats, missed spots etc. So it makes sense to use a highly contrasting base, it just looks terrible when worn. Not a problem in other industries that paint (coat) other materials (like steel etc.) but no coating ("paint" or "sealer") will last when applied to cured silicone.

viewtopic.php?t=160085

viewtopic.php?t=163635

APnightskyfreak

Post by APnightskyfreak »

Is this paint issue fixable? Airbrush? Can tayu send paint match for fixing?

DollCommander
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DollCommander »

APnightskyfreak wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:00 pm Is this paint issue fixable? Airbrush? Can tayu send paint match for fixing?
It is possible to fix but unlikely to get factory like results unless you happen to be a special FX artist by trade. Thinned and pigmented silicone sprayed via airbrush over properly prepped base material and careful blending would be the way to do it. The other issues are..

- The longer silicone has been cured (time since doll was produced), the less likely it will be to achieve an acceptable adhesion between the base material and "paint". The "paint" will adhere, not bond because the two layers would have had to cure together (at the time of manufacture, but is not possible in this application or at least for the result intended by the manufacturer) to create a bond.

- The softer the silicone blend, the less likely acceptable adhesion will be achieved; which is why most dolls targeting hyper realism (not Tayu's specialty in my opinion) use firmer silicone blends and are not great for sexual use. Tayu seems to market themselves as being exceptionally soft, so I wouldn't expect the factory paint or any repair to last incredibly long unless the doll is for display.

This is the price of increased realism and likely to remain unchanged because Tayu (and others) would have to decrease realism levels to eliminate coatings and the associated wear (any and all coatings will wear at various rates).

viewtopic.php?t=160085

viewtopic.php?t=163635

lover1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by lover1 »

Can I buy Tayu doll without any painting? What would she look like?
No Faceapp please. I want to see dolls, not artificial smiles.

Bodies: WM 166C tan, WM 163C tan
Heads: YL Allura 193, YL 315, WM 336
Looking for great asian kisser face.

DollCommander
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DollCommander »

lover1 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:37 am Can I buy Tayu doll without any painting? What would she look like?
Here is one of their torsos in natural skin tone, "unpainted".
Screenshot_20240204-105250~2.png
Screenshot_20240204-105250~2.png (478.58 KiB) Viewed 273 times

You can ask to have the doll left "unpainted" but..

- It will not have nearly the same detail as their "painted" dolls and therefore will be inherently less realistic.

- They may refuse. Because they may not want to be associated with the lack of realism/detail/texture. In other words, If you post photos of the "unpainted" doll, unsuspecting persons may assume that all Tayu dolls lack realism/detail/texture and really start to question the pricing.

viewtopic.php?t=160085

viewtopic.php?t=163635

INFORMATIONS