Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RealDoll VIP

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: RealDoll VIP

Post by raysmod »

Valman wrote:
Great Video.
First of all, Mike does a great interview, very low key, honest in answering a variety of issues and questions about Realdoll ownership. And the interviewer (mrgirl returns) Max, will soon have 'skin in the game' because Mike will be sending him a Realdoll for review in the very near future.

Max has a RG relationship, and will get her involved to a certain extent. I was struck by his candid evaluation of self, as he goes through the thinking process of becoming a doll owner. He claims to have no preconceptions, and promises to give a straightforward report of emotional, social, and sexual experiences as they happen.

Worth the time, to sit back with a coffee (or a drink) and take in the entire video, 2.5 hours beginning to end. Recommend watching on Youtube, and reading the comments there. Looking forward to the next installment, sounds like Max will receive his doll in the next couple of weeks, or shortly thereafter.
in-bed-good-morning.jpg
Roll me over when it gets Real! ♥
Valman, Mrgirl is doing a far better job, currently, at promoting Abyss Creations than the company is. The interviewer is willing to show his own frailities on camera, not common these days. As Abyss Creations have always had people coming to them to interview them, or feature them it must be harder when this well of interest, dries up, due to whatever.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

FWIW, I have added my perspective. I wont post the exact message here. As much asa I LIKE the new VIP I think there is room for some compromise - I posted those ideas there.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

raysmod wrote: Valman, Mrgirl is doing a far better job, currently, at promoting Abyss Creations than the company is. The interviewer is willing to show his own frailities on camera, not common these days. As Abyss Creations have always had people coming to them to interview them, or feature them it must be harder when this well of interest, dries up, due to whatever.
I know that I said this pages ago, but they seem like a very stagnant organization right now, from not having a social media presence for months, and not updating/releasing any new doll product in years.

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

jca wrote:
raysmod wrote: Valman, Mrgirl is doing a far better job, currently, at promoting Abyss Creations than the company is. The interviewer is willing to show his own frailities on camera, not common these days. As Abyss Creations have always had people coming to them to interview them, or feature them it must be harder when this well of interest, dries up, due to whatever.
I know that I said this pages ago, but they seem like a very stagnant organization right now, from not having a social media presence for months, and not updating/releasing any new doll product in years.
jca, Abyss did release other realdollx's, as originally, Harmony was the prototype and the only realdollx available. Along with this they had some new realdoll bodies (more realistic) around two years ago. The impression was in Brick's video at the new Abyss Creations factory warehouse, that it was a very dynamic place. I agree that there is a huge gulf in what they want to achieve; and what they are achieving - the products that are stocked.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

Bubbagumps
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Bubbagumps »

Brick wrote:If you guys want to vent. There is a thread on VIP to give your opinion of the new site, use it! The people that matter will be reading it. Give suggestions on what would help the site perform better, and be better for you as owners or future owners. Let them know what you want in the site, to spend the money to re-up your membership..

I didn't sign up so can't post there. But if I did give my comment it would be - "Charging me monthly fees to post on a forum after spending over $10K on your products ? Is this an April fools joke ? ". Not that it would make a difference but that would be my honest and candid comment.

selobl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by selobl »

@ Brick @ TJ

A number of us old timers that were exiled can't post there, so they would need to come here if what we think matters to them.

Now that we have to come here for information, we are learning that the competition is mastering silicone - including standing and articulated fingers. There is no significant information about Abyss products here.

Aside from my personal feelings, it is hard to understand the thinking that went behind this decision.

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Beanbott »

I am surprised as well that they do not have a free section. I paid for the VIP membership on the old site for a month, and I saw that it was a little value unless you needed a discount. I think they’re forgetting that information wants to be free on the Internet.

The value of the website is advertising, good luck turning it into an income stream.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

I definitively canceled my 1-year sub ($149.99). This new RealDoll VIP site is not at all what I'm awaited for. Sluggish to navigate, too slow on loading....that's not what I've excepted. Compared to CRD, it is just a cold place like a cemetery....

- SF -

DaLibbs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by DaLibbs »

My last reply was removed because apparently I was not within the rules, Allow me to rephrase. So I really liked CRD the short time I was there before it closed. There are aspects of this forum I find much less appealing due to the preferences & views that I read and images posted in other sections & threads. I might consider paying $149 a year to not be subjected to that. Perhaps I am more aware of it because I am a woman? IDK.
DaLibbs
She/her/hers

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

That's fully okay DaLibbs. CRD was really a friendly and relaxed place, I (as well so many other RD/Boy Toy owners) loved being there. However, IMHO, I would rather wait for full 1-year registration because it's very meager and quiet :( . There's no reply nor a presence from a staff member since the new site's now online and for this main reason as well that the whole content from CRD wasn't implemented (everything has gone except the user profiles & albums) a bunch of (upset) members decided to left. Right now, nobody knows what's going on....

- SF -
DaLibbs wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:55 pm My last reply was removed because apparently I was not within the rules, Allow me to rephrase. So I really liked CRD the short time I was there before it closed. There are aspects of this forum I find much less appealing due to the preferences & views that I read and images posted in other sections & threads. I might consider paying $149 a year to not be subjected to that. Perhaps I am more aware of it because I am a woman? IDK.

gekker
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gekker »

DaLibbs wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:55 pm My last reply was removed because apparently I was not within the rules, Allow me to rephrase. So I really liked CRD the short time I was there before it closed. There are aspects of this forum I find much less appealing due to the preferences & views that I read and images posted in other sections & threads. I might consider paying $149 a year to not be subjected to that. Perhaps I am more aware of it because I am a woman? IDK.
The same demographic will be on both forums, love doll owners and enthusiast. There may be some difference in opinion on the why and how they enjoy the hobby, but by in large you're just going to encounter the same unappealing opinions and preferences. There were women posters on CBD there that had views as wild as any of the extreme as any male user and they were very candid and open about the sexual side of the hobby. Just like owners are different, women and their views are different to.

Long story short the pay wall won't protect you from views you find unappealing, you are just paying for the privilege of potentially being exposed to it. Or not, since what is being said overwhelmingly is that conversation has pretty much dried up there. It is looking like Abyss may have to provide content themselves, if they do maybe that will be worth price of admission. For now it doesn't seem to be the case from users reporting their experience.

DaLibbs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by DaLibbs »

Thank you for that sincere reply siliconefun! I will keep my eyes open for updates here. I pretty much just look at the this section and the Teddy Babe section anyway. I think I remember you from there BTW. :-)

siliconefun wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:23 pm That's fully okay DaLibbs. CRD was really a friendly and relaxed place, I (as well so many other RD/Boy Toy owners) loved being there. However, IMHO, I would rather wait for full 1-year registration because it's very meager and quiet :( . There's no reply nor a presence from a staff member since the new site's now online and for this main reason as well that the whole content from CRD wasn't implemented (everything has gone except the user profiles & albums) a bunch of (upset) members decided to left. Right now, nobody knows what's going on....

- SF -
DaLibbs
She/her/hers

DaLibbs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by DaLibbs »

gekker wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:29 pm
The same demographic will be on both forums, love doll owners and enthusiast. There may be some difference in opinion on the why and how they enjoy the hobby, but by in large you're just going to encounter the same unappealing opinions and preferences. There were women posters on CBD there that had views as wild as any of the extreme as any male user and they were very candid and open about the sexual side of the hobby. Just like owners are different, women and their views are different to.

Long story short the pay wall won't protect you from views you find unappealing, you are just paying for the privilege of potentially being exposed to it. Or not, since what is being said overwhelmingly is that conversation has pretty much dried up there. It is looking like Abyss may have to provide content themselves, if they do maybe that will be worth price of admission. For now it doesn't seem to be the case from users reporting their experience.

I think I just got mansplained. Hey look it is all good. It is the way women - as dolls- are pictured by some members vs others that I do not care for. I saw less of it on CRD. Sex is very healthy enjoyable part of life, and it's even a job for some people, at least it was for me at one point in my life, stripping that is. There are sex positive feminists, you just met one. Just WOman-splainin' back at ya. :wink:

:glou:

Libbs
DaLibbs
She/her/hers

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Glad you two are making nice. Now let's keep it on topic to The RD VIP. AND remember Rules 3, 4, 8, 10 and 12 when discussing.

Back to our regularly scheduled program..
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

selobl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by selobl »

I think I found the silver lining in all of this - I can use Mr. Green smilies again!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

INFORMATIONS