sexyrealsexdolls.com

Bubbles Broken Back at Reverend Jacks

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Bubbles Broken Back at Reverend Jacks

Post by RevJack »

DrDemento789 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:16 pm I'm amazed you got her not only sitting again but gave her standing feet! She does originally have the option but I had them seal the foot bolts closed.

You sir are a miracle worker!
Thank you kind sir.

Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

csaduck

Post by csaduck »

Just out of curiosity, how much did all of the surgical tools cost you, and the special scissors, and getting the skeleton welded, in other words, what was the total cost of this repair and how many hours of work ?
My next question before knowing the answer to the previous question from you, How much would a new body have cost ?
I guess what I am getting at, there are a lot of people who can't even change a light switch much less do a big repair like this, so is this worth doing ?

SynDaverlover765

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

You look like an orthopedic surgeon with that dolls spine.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

csaduck wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:55 am Just out of curiosity, how much did all of the surgical tools cost you, and the special scissors, and getting the skeleton welded, in other words, what was the total cost of this repair and how many hours of work ?
My next question before knowing the answer to the previous question from you, How much would a new body have cost ?
I guess what I am getting at, there are a lot of people who can't even change a light switch much less do a big repair like this, so is this worth doing ?
That is a damn good question Duck.
Lets assume a solid tool kit, with wrenches and allen-hex etc. And a doll kit with oil and air pumps, etc.
It's a double broken pelvis, "Can't change a light switch" and "What are Vice Grips" folks stop right here. Head right for the vendor's web site.

I welded the double-broken stainless steel pelvis myself, and added the little brace. I believe that would have set citizens back $150
Half a kilo of TPE for plugs and paste $20, 3M Tape 94 $24, Disposable syringes $12 Luer needles, $10, Steel Spatulas $14, New stainless bolts etc, $20
Required Fiskars Scissors $18, Cheap pakistani chest expander from ebay $30 Cheap Pakistani speculum from ebay $30
either dremmel bits or files if you don't have a dremmel $30
(My surgical kit would cost thousands, so keep with ebay pakistani stuff, it's great for dogs and dolls)
Hours of work? Whew, if I cut out the stand and think time, and pretend I knew what the fuck I was doing, probably 32 hours of working and 40 hours of waiting for TPE to dry. She was on my workbench for more than 3 weeks.

So what does that add up to ... about $360 and a holy shit ton of effort and aggravation.
And you still have a doll that had seized up at one point, and had water incursion, so the future is uncertain. And lets not talk about the scar my dumb ass left on that poor girls back. I'm still ashamed of that.
Would I recommend it to the normal fella or gal? Nope.
Would I do it again, sure. It has to be easier the second time, right?
Why did I do it? I love fixing things, restoring beauty to things. I hoped to educate others with my (mis)adventures. And I made a promise to Bubbles and to her old owner.

Blessed be the man who sews the land with pussy, for as you sew, so shall you reap.

Reverend Jack.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

csaduck

Post by csaduck »

Great detailed answer. I can weld, and love using my Dremel tools, I am always tinkering and enjoy it. One of my hobbies is buying old full length Trapdoor rifles and cutting them down to make Carbines out of them and resale them.
I'd probably tackle the doll repair also, and like you say practice does make perfect.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Happy Halloween from Bubbles and Reverend Jack
Attachments
20221101_223420.jpg
20221101_223420.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 315 times

PetDlr

Post by PetDlr »

Awe! That is so sweet! I am so glad to see her back on her feet!
The Lovely (no longer) Lost Ladies Household:
Kathryn - WM168E, #200 & #233, TPE Fair
Killashandra - WM157B, #56 & #273, TPE Lt Tan
Kagami - Sinodoll 158B, Sakae, Prm Slcn Ntrl
Kelly - Starpery 156G, Kelly S.S., TPE Ntrl w/ W.R.
KJ (Kira Jenn) - Ainidoll E, Jennifer, Soft TPE Tan
Kyonyū - HR158M, #41, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Kaeda - SE#21 Elf Head, TPE Lt Tan
Kaylee - WM163H, #179, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Klawdia - EB148L, EB-ZHB001, Silica Gel, Ntrl

DollPhilosopher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DollPhilosopher »

RevJack wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:27 pm Would I do it again, sure. It has to be easier the second time, right?
Why did I do it? I love fixing things, restoring beauty to things. I hoped to educate others with my (mis)adventures. And I made a promise to Bubbles and to her old owner.

Blessed be the man who sews the land with pussy, for as you sew, so shall you reap.

Reverend Jack.
So you did this because it was interesting. I probably would as well, for the same reason. When you figure the value of 36 hours of your time, a new body would have been cheaper, but now you have the tools, know more about how they're constructed, and can be the halfway house for broken dolls :lol:

That does give me the thought that I should gaze deeply into the love holes on my recent acquisitions and make sure they're not going to have this problem. So far their holes have had zero moisture exposure, so it's the perfect time to make sure they don't leak. If they are leaky, I have no idea how I'll hold them open to get a plug in place without smearing everything on the way in.

Can you solvent weld TPE with xylene like you can solvent weld PVC, for example?

Edit: speak of PVC, though it might get me slapped, that might be the perfect tool to hold a tunnel open for sealing.

PrimeMover
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by PrimeMover »

This is such an awesome post. Thanks for sharing 👍🏿

Glad you got her back on her feet too.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Pure Xylene will rip through TPE like a chainsaw. I only use Xylene when I make a thick TPE paste because even then it has a aggressive bite. 3M Tape Primer is the thing to use for GENTLE AND SPARSE direct application. I think I went over vaginal sealing in my Faun thread.
Reverend Jack

DollPhilosopher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

RevJack wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:28 pm Pure Xylene will rip through TPE like a chainsaw. I only use Xylene when I make a thick TPE paste because even then it has a aggressive bite. 3M Tape Primer is the thing to use for GENTLE AND SPARSE direct application. I think I went over vaginal sealing in my Faun thread.
Reverend Jack
You mentioned it in the Faun thread (very cool btw) but said it would get its own post.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Damn, getting called out in my own thread. Busted. Let me go review what I said and see what I left out.

DollPhilosopher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

RevJack wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:06 am Damn, getting called out in my own thread. Busted. Let me go review what I said and see what I left out.
I never meant to be unkind......I just hope that your skills and knowledge may benefit my ladies. :)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

csaduck, the Rev is flamin good at what he does, apart from the stand and think time, and pretend I knew what the fuck I was doing bit :whistle:
Just be careful and avoid getting TPE entangled with a Dremel, not a good thing at all :thumbs_down:

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

I would like to politely request that we move the discussion/debate on TPE plugs to another thread, not the Bubbles Broken Back thread.
There is an open and active topic on TPE plugs here: viewtopic.php?t=126029

Thank you
Reverend Jack

INFORMATIONS