Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Help for A Complete Newbie - Body A vs Body B

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

StarCrossedLovers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Help for A Complete Newbie - Body A vs Body B

Post by StarCrossedLovers »

Hello, total newbie here, thanks for reading and I appreciate any direction or guidelines regarding this forum as I've tried to read up on the rules as best as I can. Longtime reader, first time poster.

I am a previous owner of a WM Doll 157cm B-Cup. I loved that companion, she was light and easy to handle. I found her quite realistic. Her waist was a bit too thin though at 19 inch waist, 62 total pounds. However so easy to carry! Unfortunately, one clothing item I forgot to wash caused a stain, rendering it irreparable, such is the case with TPE. Now I am researching RealDoll. I do not mind patiently awaiting Abyss's legendary wait times, or the price, especially if Silicone is more durable and less prone to staining if I am careful.

Now I'm comparing the Body A vs Body B in my final pre-purchase rundown. I see there are some existing comparison posts, but they don't seem to completely address the questions I have.

Here's what I observe so far:

Weight
The Body A is larger, slightly heavier (75 lbs give or take) However, the B is much lighter, at 65 lbs give or take. I remember 62 lbs being very light. I tried to lift a sack of 75 lbs weight and I have to say, man that extra 10-15 lbs actually does make things slightly harder to lift, especially imagining it spread over a uncooperative beautiful 75 lbs of dead weight silicone. Appreciate any forum members who can weigh in (haha pun) on this point and whether the 75lbs vs 65lbs makes all that much of an uncomfortable difference to someone out there who may own a doll of both relative sizes. I remember one post who said after 3 hernias in his lifetime he would never again go about 65 lbs for a doll. What's your thoughts?

Feet
This is huge for me, on the A the feet and hands look to me to be way more realistic than the B.
On the B the feet seem somehow less "good form" to my eye than the A, maybe they just seem lower quality or misshapen. What do you personally think? I was using the links below as a comparison guideline.
https://www.realdoll.com/product/olivia-body-b/
https://www.realdoll.com/product/olivia-rts/

Waist, Hips, Hindquarters
Here again I am striving for realism as compared to an RG. I noticed some of the 2016 Body A's or thereabouts kind of had a weird "butt flab" or misshapen thing going on where the butt somehow didn't look realistic or even well put together. Maybe ownership damage or use? Whereas the body B is tight and curvy. The new Body A photos I see seem to have corrected this problem. So in summary I like A's feet and legs and front image more, but I have concerns over its backside and how the "crack" of the butt seems to be too low, or not high enough, or not realistically good-looking enough, I'm not really sure there. Body B however seems to have a hotter behind. The Body B seems to visually have the vertical spine indentation at the bottom back area where as the A does not (with the two strong muscles vertically along each side of it -- I'm sure someone out there know what I'm talking about). Which is better in your opinion? Who has the better butt and why?

Overall Hotness and Ease of Handling
This is where I am cut down the middle. Both are hot, the B to me is probably slighter hotter overall, but the feet and hands being a less realistic cut could be a dealbreaker. Additionally if the Body A you would consider to be "heavier enough" to draw that line between ease of moving and comfortability, whereas the B is better in those areas without sacrificing attractiveness, I would love to know other members thoughts.

Conclusion
What would you personally say is the winner here? Body A or Body B overall? What would you do differently if you could do your RD purchase(s) over again?

Thanks and apologies for long post.

Smoke
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: All Alone. With CJ, EJ,Lana,Sami,Tori,Tami,Becki,Britney and Jewel

Re: Help for A Complete Newbie - Body A vs Body B

Post by Smoke »

Meet Becki and CJ.

Becki is a Body B with light tan skin tone on the left. CJ is a Body A with tan skin tone. CJ is a bit taller with Gels in her butt. Meaning her butt cheeks are filled with silicone gel that is softer when you give her bum cheeks a squeeze. Gels are not available in a body B so there is that. CJ is a bit heavier but not by much. 5 to 10 pounds at the most. Both Body A and B are awesome body sculpts so you can't go wrong with either one. I guess the body A with the gels in the butt is arguably an advantage but the body A is a bit heavier.They both handle about the same. Either one you can't go wrong with. Perhaps the side by side view will help with your decision.

If the ladies don't find you handsome. Get a Doll.

Most humble servant of CJ's harem.

Please Visit CJ's Blog. https://syntheticerotica.blogspot.com/

StarCrossedLovers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Smoke, really appreciate these photos and your feedback.

Absolutely greatly helps with my decision!

Thanks a ton!

Smoke
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: All Alone. With CJ, EJ,Lana,Sami,Tori,Tami,Becki,Britney and Jewel

Post by Smoke »

You are quite Welcome . :D

The problem with doll purchases is that there is no show room to go and kick the tires, so to speak. You are at the mercy of the manufacture giving you accurate information. Trust me when I say that you won't be disappointed with either one.

Good luck with what ever decision you choose. :glou:
If the ladies don't find you handsome. Get a Doll.

Most humble servant of CJ's harem.

Please Visit CJ's Blog. https://syntheticerotica.blogspot.com/

Papasmurf1142
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Papasmurf1142 »

Maybe I’m the odd one out in this, but I would pick body A (tan). The extra realism in the hands, feet, legs (knees) and arms really does help when it comes to taking photos.. imperfections in the sculpt become eyesores the further you go into ownership. Before you hit the order button, ask your vendor if they have any factory photos of both so you can make a more informed buying decision. But body A would be my pick..

StarCrossedLovers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Papasmurf, that's the reason I am leaning towards the A which as you say is the realism.

Excellent tips - will be sure to follow when I order. Really appreciate it!

phoenix1516
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by phoenix1516 »

These pictures by Smoke really help. I bought an Abyss body D and love the curves but I'm leaning on getting a smaller frame. I wish Abyss could have a better way of comparing doll body styles.

catlikederek

Post by catlikederek »

You said you are into feet. I thought I would just mention that some of the toes are stuck together in RDs. Also the nails are silicon that have been painted, not plastic nails like you will get on most other brands. Just thought i would mention this as if this is your fetish then that might be a deal breaker. I don't care that much about feet so I am fine with them like this.

The fingers also have the soft nails and they have a very heavy wire in them that can bend but you feel like it shouldn't.

Here are pictures of the hands on a body A:
DSC_9274.JPG
DSC_9274.JPG (6.65 MiB) Viewed 500 times
DSC_9276.JPG
DSC_9276.JPG (7.46 MiB) Viewed 500 times
Here are her feet (body A)
DSC_9440.JPG
DSC_9440.JPG (6.91 MiB) Viewed 500 times
DSC_9441.JPG
DSC_9441.JPG (6.53 MiB) Viewed 500 times

StarCrossedLovers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wow, that is an interesting fact I had not considered, about the nails and the toes being stuck together. Really appreciate it.

And I agree - it would be nice to have some kind of comparison tool from Abyss other than the basic charts and measurements they have on their site.

Phil_02
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Phil_02 »

Smoke's photos have always been good, but they keep getting better. Love the lighting. Your ladies just pop with color in the pics. Nice!

I would pick the A. Having seen so many of Izla's photos (I don't think his/one of his has the butt gels it was just before they added those to the A) but the A looks like perfection in a Realdoll body.

Some would make an argument for the H compared to the A.

I had a G which has the same butt as the H. It is a bubble butt. A bubble to such a degree some may like...but others might find difficult to believe. And that is why, I think the A has more universal appeal than the H.

INFORMATIONS