Starpery.com

UNBOXING / Review: Starpery 169cm / Wushi / Yao / Zhu Lin

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
Starpery Manager
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: UNBOXING / Review: Starpery 169cm / Wushi / Yao / Zhu Lin

Post by Starpery Manager »

Thanks sir!

We tried some kinds of package, and finally find the foam package is better, which can fix the doll to move in shipment, and can protect doll very well.

Our boss was refused it because it looks like some kind of low end.

But Evan insisted of it becasue it has the good effection.

Sino-Mike

Post by Sino-Mike »

Starpery Manager wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:13 pm We tried some kinds of package, and finally find the foam package is better, which can fix the doll to move in shipment, and can protect doll very well. Our boss was refused it because it looks like some kind of low end. But Evan insisted of it becasue it has the good effection.
Congratulations Evan for sticking to what is best for customers.
1-One TextileDoll because beauty and weight matter :)
2-One HappyDoll 168D with FJ Selena Head for more realism.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Congratulations Narashina!
You ll be very busy enjoying your Godess Doll
Dont forget to eat and sleep haha

This is a great thread, marvelous presentation of a Starpery in the box, cant wait to get mine that should come out soon. Thank you
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

I received the replacement body with weight reduction so back to business! Starpery paid for shipping the original body and for the new one. They even took care of customs duty (normaly there is some in my country) for the new body and shipped it directly so it arrived in 3 days! I would like to thanks them for everything!

The new body, with weight reduction, is around 33.9Kg and that make quite a difference! I know some people don't have any problem with dolls weighting more than 40Kg but for me that was nearly impossible. So if you are buying your first doll, please consider the weight! It's really one of the main factor to make your choice.

Here is a photo that Starpery took before shipping the new body (Personally, I weighted it at around 32.5Kg because I have to use a consumer scale while holding the doll. Which mean that the body without weight reduction was probably around 42Kg).
weight.jpg
weight.jpg (122.68 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
Here is some other factory photos:

front.jpg
front.jpg (164.39 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
back.jpg
back.jpg (155.86 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
front2.jpeg
front2.jpeg (118.21 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
back2.jpg
back2.jpg (95.85 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
Yes, she has a hole in her back; When I first ordered it, I didn't know that most brands could add a hook's hole in the back even if it wasn't listed as an option. So I asked them to do it for the new body. It should make it easier for posing the doll.

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

Here is the official mensuration of the doll and the ones I took. For information, I listed the SEXYE TPE doll that I have too as they are similar in sizes. The SEXYE has much smaller hips and bottom. Her arms and and legs are also more thin. She is in TPE which is usualy a little lighter than silicone. That explain why she is a little lighter even if she has a wider waist.
mensuration.jpg
mensuration.jpg (84.15 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
The official mensuration pretty match what I measured myself and are well in the error margin. I find it difficult to measure the hip size of a doll because there is no bones. The 98 cm is when measured at the widest point which is also over her generous bottom. If taken a little above, so it isn't measure over her bottom, the circumference is around 92 cm.

Speaking of her hips and bottom, here is a comparison of the original body without weight reduction (on the left) and the new one with weight reduction (on the right). Is it just me or did she put on weight on her hips and bottom while losing weight? o.O :haha4: Maybe it's the position of the dolls or the angle of the shots? But I seem to remember that the first body was less pear-shaped.
comparison-front.jpg
comparison-front.jpg (403.94 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
comparison-back.jpg
comparison-back.jpg (375.78 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
comparison-side.jpg
comparison-side.jpg (293 KiB) Viewed 1329 times

Upper_Object
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Upper_Object »

That looks like a big difference between the two hip sizes and shape of the butt. What do you think is the reason for that?

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

Upper_Object wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:00 pm That looks like a big difference between the two hip sizes and shape of the butt. What do you think is the reason for that?
Maybe they are using a different mold for weight reduction? I noticed that originaly they just listed this body as "169cm". Then some shops listed a "169cm C/D cup" body. And very recently Starpery released some new "169 C-cup" doll but I don't know if it's just the head that is new or if it's also a new body. So maybe there is several 169 body? I will try to ask them.

Note that the hip width that is listed on Starpery's site (it didn't changed since I ordered her) match the one of the new body. If I measured in the same way the first body (I can't garantee as I don't remember and had it very briefly) then it's that body that didn't matched their information.

It's also possible the foam core used for weight reduction is accentuating the effect depending on the doll's position. Dolls don't bend like a real person and when you bend their torso there is some weird results. When the doll is shipped, her back is very arched. Perhaps I straighten her more when I took shots of the original body.

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

There isn't many photos of that doll where she isn't bending or hasn't some cloths on. But, imho, this promo pictures looks more like the new body with weight reduction that I got (wider hips):
169-elizabeth.jpg
169-elizabeth.jpg (134.15 KiB) Viewed 1302 times

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

Upper_Object wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:00 pm That looks like a big difference between the two hip sizes and shape of the butt. What do you think is the reason for that?
I asked Starpery. They told me that at fans request, they made a new mold with a wider and rounder butt. The rest of the doll is the same. That's why there is a difference between the 2 bodies. Personally, I don't think that was needed (her butt was fine as it was) and it make dressing her a little more complicated: She mostly fit asian size S / M but her hips are more size L.

Anyway, I am sure that will make fans of Kim Kardashian's butt happy :haha4:
kim_butt.jpg
kim_butt.jpg (47.12 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
Starpery also told me they have a 167 E-cup body that is the same as the 169cm but with bigger breasts and a little shorter. So some shops call it 167 E-cup. (and they will release the 165 and 174 bodies with bigger breasts too)

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

The packaging is the same as the one of the original doll so I won't post picture of it.

The body:

When I received it, the body was a little "oily", which is normal especially as she was wraped into a plastic bag so it wasn't absorbed by the wrapping. I washed with lukewarm water and sponge. Then I powdered her.

Her mensurations are very nice and more realistic than many dolls: The 58 cm waist is still a little small but, for a doll, it's already in the wide category. Same for her under bust size which should let her wear bra for women (it's more difficult to find bra with a band size bellow 65cm). In all she should be able to wear asien women size S/M clothes without problem even if her hips and butt are a little too large. Imho, the size of the original body was fine but that's a matter of personal taste.

The body has a matt finish but even so it shine a little when pointing a bright light directly at it. Under normal light or indirect light, it nearly doesn't shine. I am not sure if it's the result of the silicone or of the body painting. It also probably need to be washed a few more time because it is still a little oily. In comparison, the SEXYE TPE doll is just plain matt, which is less realistic.

Both the Starpery and the SEXYE dolls have full body painting with highlights/shadows, veins and dots to simulate the skin's grain. It is more detailed and more finely grained on the Starpery's. The biggest advantage of the silicone is that the whole body is textured (3D effect). The SEXYE TPE body is just plain smooth. For whatever reason, it is especially noticeable on her feet even if the rest of the body is also textured but less markedly.
_DSC2964.jpg
_DSC2964.jpg (372.8 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
_DSC2959.jpg
_DSC2959.jpg (183.65 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
_DSC2950.jpg
_DSC2950.jpg (191.77 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
I also like how the body painting accentuate the shape of her abdominal muscles. I think it is even more visible with a darker skin tone (Mine is "light tan" which is currently Starpery's fairest skin tone)

One disadvantage of silicone over TPE is the mold parting lines. It's something resulting from the manufacturing process and it is unavoidable but, with TPE, it is possible to melt the lines away so they are not visible anymore at all. With silicone that's not possible and they must be manually trimed away which always leave a visible result. It is more or less visible depending on the skill of the person doing the triming.
Starpery did a very good job at triming the lines of both the original body they sent me and the new ones. The resulting lines are very small and nearly not visible as you can see on those photos (I choosed an angle to make the lines as visible as possible on purpose):
_DSC2958 1.jpg
_DSC2958 1.jpg (210.59 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
_DSC2962.jpg
_DSC2962.jpg (245.33 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
(Look at her arm on the first photo and at the side of her body on the second one)

The body use a standard M16 bolt connector for the head. Contrary to the other bodies I saw, the silicone of the neck continue about 1cm above the threaded tube of her skeleton. I think even the original body wasn't like that and the silicone stopped at the level of the skeleton. I don't know if it's a good thing or not but it make the head a little less likely to turn by itself (the silicone in contact with the head provide more friction than if it was the metal of the skeleton).

I took the bolt standing feet option. Starpery also has a hard silicone standing feet option. It looks nicer but it is a lot less durable I think. The bolts are standard M6 with button head. Some of the bolts are a little too short: they must be fully screwed on to hold and their head is still partly inside the silicone. I am using MannequinFan's caps to cover the bolt so it is not a problem. Else, it is easy to find bolts that are a few milimeters longer.

Her breasts are very soft. I took the gel option and they are very "squeezy". The rest of her body is soft but firm: When you press it, it won't squeeze much. But then, when you press at someone's body, you can't squeeze it much either because there is bones and muscles under the skin. It is possible to press more the SEXYE TPE doll.

Note that in both case, there is part of the body that can be squeezed more, like the forearms or ankles compared to other parts like the upper arms or thighs. Both the SEXYE and Starpery have weight reduction so I don't know if it's because of the foam core used or if it's because the skeleton is bigger in those parts and there is less material over it.

Her butt is pretty firm. So if that's important to you (and if that's what you are looking for), you may consider taking the gel option for that part too.

I also took the articulated fingers (hand skeleton) option. And, imho, that's really a must have especially if you plan to pose the doll. The skeleton seems a lot less likely to poke through the tip of the fingers. The first time I bent the fingers, it was a little stiff but then that go away. There is a method to bend fingers with skeleton, starting with the phalanx nearest to the hand and holding the finger on both side. If you are a little careful, nothing bad should happen.

On her feet, only her big toe as some kind of internal skeleton (probably wire). The other toes are just plain silicone.

There isn't any problem with the skeleton and she can hold pose well. As usual, some parts are harder to move but it's a question of figuring the right method to do so. Note that because of the weight reduction core and silicone, some positions are harder to achieve. For exemple, if you bend her legs at 90 degree, the resistance of the silicone try to push them back. Once she is sitting, that's not a problem because the weight of her body will keep them in place. But when she is on her back and you try to bend her legs into position before sitting her, you have to try to keep both legs from moving at the same time as you are changing her position.
Only time will tell how durable the skeleton is...

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

Here is a few more photos of the body:
_DSC2965.jpg
_DSC2965.jpg (194.15 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
_DSC2966.jpg
_DSC2966.jpg (226.33 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
_DSC2947.jpg
_DSC2947.jpg (197.36 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
_DSC2951.jpg
_DSC2951.jpg (156.96 KiB) Viewed 1232 times

Upper_Object
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Upper_Object »

What an incredible body!! Thank you for the well detailed write up and many pictures! As a future Starpery owner, (waiting on factory pics) I am excited by the quality that you have shown.

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

Here is the difference of texture between silicone and TPE.
(please, note that I don't have a Starpery TPE doll so it may have a different finish.)

Silicone:
silicone.jpg
silicone.jpg (294.17 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
TPE:
tpe.jpg
tpe.jpg (182.33 KiB) Viewed 1198 times

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

The heads:

When I ordered the doll, there was a free extra head offered. So I took two hard silicone heads with implanted hairs and movable eyes (the version without veins). Shortly after, I received the teeth&tongues kit and, after trying it on a TPE head, I had to get a soft silicone one (with wig) to use it with :whistle: (the kit need an oral capable head and with Starpery that's only possible for soft heads).

All three heads are very beautiful and detailed. I really love heads with implanted hairs because it's a lot easier to "get it right" than with a wig. Most brands only offer implanted hairs with hard silicone because they cant be fixed well with soft silicone. Starpery is also offering it with soft silicone heads but hairs are more likely to fall off if you are not very very careful (As I don't have one, I can't tell how careful you need to be...). That's why I didn't took that option for the 3rd head.

It is possible to get very good results with wigs too if you get quality ones but that's not cheap especially as most wigs are medium sized and most doll's head need a small size one. Another thing is that you are supposed to do a final haircut to your wig so that it will fit your doll's head and get the best result. Some wig's brands/shops offer to do the final haircut for you but it's not free. All things considered a wig can be as expensive as implanted hairs.

Compared to my SEXYE heads, the Starpery's are heavier. Perhaps 500gr more for a total of 2.5Kg (not counting the hairs). The Starpery's are similar in texture and details to the SEXYE. The hard silicone is very hard and won't yield at all if you press it. It looks great but it feel totaly unrealistic. On the other hand, the soft silicone head feel a lot better to the touch. It is also softer. There is nearly no difference in quality and details between the soft and hard silicone version so the only real drawback is the implanted hairs. To summarize, if you want the most realistic looking head with implanted hairs, go for the hard silicone. If you don't care about implanted hairs, go for the soft silicone as it will feel a lot better (and it is oral capable).

I also have a SEXYE TPE head. As with the TPE body, there is no surface texture and it is fully matt. It's also a lot more supple than even the soft silicone. You can squeeze/poke at it a lot more.

The 2 hard silicone heads have matt finish. I didn't asked it for the soft silicone one but it isn't much more shiny. I don't know if it's because Starpery also applied the matt finish to it or if it's the result of soft silicone. They are still a little shiny under strong light but that's easy to fix with makeup powder. Interestingly, in comparison, the SEXYE silicone head for their TPE body is fully matt. But the one for their silicone body is more shiny (but then I don't know if SEXYE offers a matt finish). The SEXYE silicone head for their silicone body has nearly the same skin color as the Starpery's so it won't be a problem to use it with the Starpery's body.

From left to right: SEXYE hard silicone for silicone body, Starpery soft silicone, Starpery hard silicone, SEXYE hard silicone for TPE body
heads.jpg
heads.jpg (287.68 KiB) Viewed 1152 times

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

Wushi hard silicone head with matt finish (implanted hairs):
_DSC2885 1.jpg
_DSC2885 1.jpg (240.91 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
Yao hard silicone head with matt finish (implanted hairs):
_DSC2884 1.jpg
_DSC2884 1.jpg (306.83 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
Zhu Lin soft silicone head:
_DSC2881.jpg
_DSC2881.jpg (208.76 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
(Normaly she has teeth but I asked Starpery not to glue them so I could use the teeth&tongues kit)

INFORMATIONS