teddy-babes.com

1 Year Review of the TB Deluxe Swivel... and its not good :/

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: 1 Year Review of the TB Deluxe Swivel... and its not good :/

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

Invo wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:27 pm
I totally agree with you Invo, and I have 3 x 2021 Teddy Babe Deluxes.

I've never shagged one and don't find them particularly cuddly either. But they always make me smile :).

If I'd known about Kinky Plush before I'd bought my first Teddy Babe and done a bit more research, I'd probably never have bought a Teddy Babe.

My one Kinky Plush Bunny is an excellent shag, miles superior for cuddling, much better build quality, and was half the price.

I get the feeling Teddy Babes are like winding the whole thing down, TeddyBabes hasn't logged into TDF since:

Last active: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:20 am

Are you still out there TeddyBabes?

I saw some of the older (like 5ft) Teddy Babes at a doll meet in 2021, and thought, man, they are so much more cuddly.

Did Teddy Babes management decide they didn't care about cuddliness anymore, and they wanted to try to complete with highly photogenic TPE/Silicone ladies? If so, seems like it was a massive misstep.
:glou:
HtS

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Yea hunt, its too bad. Benefit of the doubt is that the pandemic might have effected business for 8th Wonder (though I'm assuming its a smaller company and demand for plush companions during the lockdown would have gone way up, but idk)

Regardless, it has been radio silence since the announcement of the 'new and approved' swivels

idk if theyre still seeing good sales and don't care about the quality of the product as long as its selling well, but then again they wouldn't have "improved" the TB's in the first place if they didn't care?

Whole situation is confusing. Kind of wish 8th would just take the time to publish a statement, because it really seems like the consensus here is concern for the direction of the company

Jefffromgermany
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Jefffromgermany »

So I ordered my Amber in July 2020. August 2020 she is then moved in with me in Germany, with customs costs and VAT and the shipping costs for air mail I have paid around the 1200 €, which is relatively cheap if you import them yourself. There is the Dollpark, but they import with far too high prices.

I must say, yes! The discs in the legs can sometimes bother. But on the whole, my Amber is well made. The seams are all top and you hardly notice when stroking.

What I would have to complain, would actually only the vaginal area, which is clearly too tight for me compared to the old Deluxe models. The butt is only usable with a proper insert! But even here it is difficult to get the insert in the first place due to the tight processing. Again, with the old deluxe models I had the problem (I'm fat) between the legs to get into them. With the new one I can turn the legs away. All in all it has pros and cons but I can assure you that in the beginning the new models were not so sloppily made as you describe none of my babes are and I now have 5 of the ladies the last I bought January 2022 Amber, Akiko, Tina, Diana and Elsa. The girls have kept their names ;) only with Diana I was disappointed by the color. On the photos she looks much lighter from the fabric than in real. For still she is very attractive in my eye! Anyone who wants to get rid of his New Teddy Babe Deluxe, with me she finds Einzuhause, I can no longer without my girls!

PS: None of my girls is taller than 1.65 meters!

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Jefffromgermany wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:29 pm What I would have to complain, would actually only the vaginal area, which is clearly too tight for me compared to the old Deluxe models. The butt is only usable with a proper insert! But even here it is difficult to get the insert in the first place due to the tight processing.

All in all it has pros and cons but I can assure you that in the beginning the new models were not so sloppily made as you describe none of my babes are and I now have 5 of the ladies the last I bought January 2022 Amber, Akiko, Tina, Diana and Elsa. The girls have kept their names ;) only with Diana I was disappointed by the color. On the photos she looks much lighter from the fabric than in real. For still she is very attractive in my eye! Anyone who wants to get rid of his New Teddy Babe Deluxe, with me she finds Einzuhause, I can no longer without my girls!

PS: None of my girls is taller than 1.65 meters!
All fair points! I don't write this review to discredit other owners, but the above has certainly been my experience and the experience of other owners I've talked to.

This brings up an interesting point though: the issue might lie in the consistency of the dolls. Maybe 8th bought in bulk from the new manufacturer with variable quality?

Again, hard to speculate when none of us really know the full story on their end.

Floop

Post by Floop »

Thank you for this review. I have seriously considered getting a Teddy Babe at a few different junctures. They've been a constant on my to buy list for quite a while. Unfortunately, this review and the evidence underpinning the validity of its expressed qualms have me rethinking my previous desire to follow through at some point.

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

Floop wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:43 pm Thank you for this review. I have seriously considered getting a Teddy Babe at a few different junctures. They've been a constant on my to buy list for quite a while. Unfortunately, this review and the evidence underpinning the validity of its expressed qualms have me rethinking my previous desire to follow through at some point.
I would continue to watch, and listen for further TB news. I don't have insider information but I suspect they may be working on new models, new designs, etc. They could also be winding down the business. Still bears watching.

Floop

Post by Floop »

Gaijin wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:14 pm
Floop wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:43 pm Thank you for this review. I have seriously considered getting a Teddy Babe at a few different junctures. They've been a constant on my to buy list for quite a while. Unfortunately, this review and the evidence underpinning the validity of its expressed qualms have me rethinking my previous desire to follow through at some point.
I would continue to watch, and listen for further TB news. I don't have insider information but I suspect they may be working on new models, new designs, etc. They could also be winding down the business. Still bears watching.
No matter to what degree 8W could have dropped off, it would be even sadder if they closed up shop. I'm definitely waiting to see what happens next. Thanks for the tip.

Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

The quality of my 2021’s was definitely hit and miss.

The first - Akiko - I’d give 6/10 for quality. I was a bit disappointed as she really didn’t look like the marketing photos, and not as cuddly as I’d hoped, but she grew on me.

The second - Cordelia - I’d give 8/10 for quality. A very nice Teddy Babe. Same issues with cuddliness and too long torso, but I love the way she looks.

The third - Lavanda - I’d give 4/10 for quality. Not particularly close to the marketing photos. The eye stickers were not very well aligned. The head was misshapen and I don’t think it had been stuffed enough. With a bit of squeezing she became reasonable. And she’s since grown on me too.

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Hunt the Shunt wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:04 am The quality of my 2021’s was definitely hit and miss.

The first - Akiko - I’d give 6/10 for quality. I was a bit disappointed as she really didn’t look like the marketing photos, and not as cuddly as I’d hoped, but she grew on me.

The second - Cordelia - I’d give 8/10 for quality. A very nice Teddy Babe. Same issues with cuddliness and too long torso, but I love the way she looks.

The third - Lavanda - I’d give 4/10 for quality. Not particularly close to the marketing photos. The eye stickers were not very well aligned. The head was misshapen and I don’t think it had been stuffed enough. With a bit of squeezing she became reasonable. And she’s since grown on me too.
Thank you for your perspective on this, hunt.

Definitely seems like the theme here is that quality has been very hit or miss unfortunately

Again, super disheartening seeing how much the Classic and OG deluxes made people happy

Mrbooboo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mrbooboo »

the Diana skin color issue: I spoke to the customer service about this concerns about how Diana's skin tone dosent match the stock photos, they told me that they will be correcting her skin tone by January to match the stock photo! So I'll be getting her then!

Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

I was moving dolls around the house today, and just happened to have my lovely 2021 Teddy Babe deluxe Cordelia sat next to Piper Jessica 150K, and took a photo of them together. I think it is a good example of how big the 2021 Teddy Babes are. Jessica is a perfect height for cuddling on the sofa and sinks into the sofa like I do.
IMG_E6527.JPG
IMG_E6527.JPG (4.08 MiB) Viewed 667 times
HtS

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

Moving Jessica around probably requires a number of pleasure breaks. You lucky guy.

Floop

Post by Floop »

Wow. Between the two photos I've seen of these most recent purchases, I must say they are waaay too large for my taste!

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Hunt the Shunt wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:55 pm I was moving dolls around the house today, and just happened to have my lovely 2021 Teddy Babe deluxe Cordelia sat next to Piper Jessica 150K, and took a photo of them together. I think it is a good example of how big the 2021 Teddy Babes are. Jessica is a perfect height for cuddling on the sofa and sinks into the sofa like I do.
IMG_E6527.JPG
HtS
Perfect representation of the size difference here, thanks Hunt

I have pics of our 2021 TB with my girlfriend sitting next to her and its comical how the doll towers over her. My GF is unironically like eye level with our Cindy's chest with them both sitting up straight

(wish I could share them for reference)

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Hunt the Shunt wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:55 pm I was moving dolls around the house today, and just happened to have my lovely 2021 Teddy Babe deluxe Cordelia sat next to Piper Jessica 150K, and took a photo of them together. I think it is a good example of how big the 2021 Teddy Babes are. Jessica is a perfect height for cuddling on the sofa and sinks into the sofa like I do.
Wow! That is indeed a huge difference. And a 150 cm doll isn't exactly small. 8O
I have to say, Cordelia is very pretty though. In fact I like the looks of all the new Teddy Babes. From the waist up. It's just the hip area along with the skinny legs that I don't really like. Perhaps if the waist/hip area could be made to look more natural and the legs made thicker and more shapely, I could really go for these new Babes.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

INFORMATIONS