Starpery.com

Damaged TPE doll from electric blanket

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Damaged TPE doll from electric blanket

Post by seagull »

So many conflicting emotions, Deadpool is a nice character, a bit rough & world weary but loves his friends :thumbs_up:
Just never thought anyone could relate a doll to him 8O

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

seagull wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:10 pm So many conflicting emotions...
Same here, but for a different reason. Part of me says, "just cut your losses and get another body for the head." Another part of me, the one that can't resist a basket case says, "dude, we can fix it." :whistle:
335dbc79a5f5410260733bc890d0d840-3339693799.jpeg
335dbc79a5f5410260733bc890d0d840-3339693799.jpeg (34.58 KiB) Viewed 434 times

Dominique-n-Splash
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dominique-n-Splash »

RevJack wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:12 am An alternative is to develop a Deadpool fetish and put her back on the blanket.

Yeah, I 'm ashamed, I just can't help it.
...And that beautiful blue elf hangs out with you...
I do admit, you put a couple of photos together, we could have a meme for the bat cave thread.

Seriously, we have a guy's heart attached here surrounded by massive amounts of guilt and regret. Gaijira, I would try Reverend Jacks suggestion of starting with a small 4 by 4 and use the high-low method with and/or without spoon. Less is more, you can always go back later if you do not take too much away.

It is a wild idea and I would never do it, but the original post suggesting a long, sharp shaver. I myself would dig too deep and end up in a world of badness, but if you have the talent, you could shave pretty fast to an original shape and smooth. You could never put the thickness back. I have no idea about a long, sharp shaver either. TPE is forgiving but also tough. Just to expose all options.

Love Dominique
:B-fly:

A lion does not care about the opinion of a 100 sheep.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

The spoon does not remove any tpe, just levels it out. You don't want to cut or remove any material unless you know how to put it back later.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

homersexual

Post by homersexual »

What about taking TPE scraps (using an insert for example) and melting them into the surface? I don't mean directly, but prepping the area and working them together.

Or creating an extra thick paste with Primer, warming the TPE just under melting, and coating the "dimples" with the primer, allowing to set, and then working over that with heat? I'm just spitballing, but this worked pretty well with my own doll's foot bolt areas: a considerably smaller repair than this one, but still. maybe testing a smaller area first and then attempting more surface as you go.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

homersexual wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:22 am What about taking TPE scraps (using an insert for example) and melting them into the surface? I don't mean directly, but prepping the area and working them together.

Or creating an extra thick paste with Primer, warming the TPE just under melting, and coating the "dimples" with the primer, allowing to set, and then working over that with heat? I'm just spitballing, but this worked pretty well with my own doll's foot bolt areas: a considerably smaller repair than this one, but still. maybe testing a smaller area first and then attempting more surface as you go.
That would work very well. The issue of course is matching the skin tone, small variations show. If there are melted areas that are too deep to smooth over, then you really have to resort to adding material. If you are fortunate enough to have a big jar of matching paste then by all means do that!
I would warm the TPE first, I would then put the thinnest layer of 3m on the surface and then smooth the paste on it.
Completely valid approach if you have the kit for it.

Rev. Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Zlamvam
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Zlamvam »

Maybe even consider just getting a new body for her.

PetDlr

Post by PetDlr »

RevJack wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:12 am An alternative is to develop a Deadpool fetish and put her back on the blanket.

Yeah, I 'm ashamed, I just can't help it.
This! This right here! Female Deadpool! I am so totally down! And forget the shame cause Deadpools have no shame!
Oof!.jpg
Oof!.jpg (238.38 KiB) Viewed 328 times
I really do wish you the best in repairing her, RJs got you on the right path. Just be patient and work it a little bit at a time. Another option over the spoon is a flat iron soldering tip on an adjustable temperature soldering iron. But the spoon we all have and is free to use and try.
Screenshot (154).png
Screenshot (154).png (139.75 KiB) Viewed 328 times
The Lovely (no longer) Lost Ladies Household:
Kathryn - WM168E, #200 & #233, TPE Fair
Killashandra - WM157B, #56 & #273, TPE Lt Tan
Kagami - Sinodoll 158B, Sakae, Prm Slcn Ntrl
Kelly - Starpery 156G, Kelly S.S., TPE Ntrl w/ W.R.
KJ (Kira Jenn) - Ainidoll E, Jennifer, Soft TPE Tan
Kyonyū - HR158M, #41, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Kaeda - SE#21 Elf Head, TPE Lt Tan
Kaylee - WM163H, #179, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Klawdia - EB148L, EB-ZHB001, Silica Gel, Ntrl

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Hey Petdir,
Where did that image come from? I want that second one and I've never seen it before.
Reverend Jack

PetDlr

Post by PetDlr »

RevJack wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:56 pm Hey Petdir,
Where did that image come from? I want that second one and I've never seen it before.
Reverend Jack
Here are a few links to it, yeah it is a great set and unlike most you see.

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tnpla/ ... lsrc=aw.ds

https://www.valuetronics.com/product/tb ... QQQAvD_BwE

And of course, where it is easiest to order from:

https://www.amazon.com/Weller-TB5TK-Rep ... 306&sr=8-1
The Lovely (no longer) Lost Ladies Household:
Kathryn - WM168E, #200 & #233, TPE Fair
Killashandra - WM157B, #56 & #273, TPE Lt Tan
Kagami - Sinodoll 158B, Sakae, Prm Slcn Ntrl
Kelly - Starpery 156G, Kelly S.S., TPE Ntrl w/ W.R.
KJ (Kira Jenn) - Ainidoll E, Jennifer, Soft TPE Tan
Kyonyū - HR158M, #41, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Kaeda - SE#21 Elf Head, TPE Lt Tan
Kaylee - WM163H, #179, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Klawdia - EB148L, EB-ZHB001, Silica Gel, Ntrl

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Thanks RevJack ... I just noticed this post.

The hot air and spoon technique is good for small areas and works well. Sometime there is a difficulty in getting a smooth finish on a larger area.
For larger area repair such as this a digital mini iron works quite well.

The steps are pretty simple. As noted before oil the area up well. Then set the iron to the temperature that will easily melt/smooth your dolls TPE. Start at about 175c and play around a bit to see what works for you. When the tool is hot simply GLIDE it gently over the areas to be smoothed. Use just the metal tool head, not the tape or other stuff. It works best with a light touch and a smooth glide over the oiled TPE. Do a few passes over the area while making sure NOT to dig in the edges. Stop, let cool, inspect the results and repeat as needed.

The tool head is heavy enough to supply the needed pressure to smooth the TPE and keeps to a set temperature. It really helps in large smoothing applications.
You might also want to look HERE (viewtopic.php?t=158734) for more discussion on TPE smoothing.

Whatever you use, please post what you did, what you used and how it turned out.
Others can learn from your experiences.

Cheers!
... W ...
(03)_S9d29806dc7eb47fe938de60711011c0br.jpg
(03)_S9d29806dc7eb47fe938de60711011c0br.jpg (164.11 KiB) Viewed 259 times
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

UPDATE - The doll is in the house.

The OP has decided to move on and the doll is question now resides in Wheezerville, as another repair project.
Strange that I last suggested to use the smoothing tool above, now I get to actually do it. :)

In person the damage does not appear as bad as was initially posted.
Below is what the area looks like today.
PXL_20240211_215228839.MP.(crop)(1024).jpg
PXL_20240211_215228839.MP.(crop)(1024).jpg (203.93 KiB) Viewed 93 times
There is also some minor similar damage to the arms and a few other spots.

In the 15 months from the original damage until today, the base doll TPE does not exhibit any additional deterioration.
There were some very tiny cracks here and there that appeared on the body after oiling and cleaning, but that is to be expected.
This is a good testament to the stability of the Jinsan blend of TPE of the 2022 era.

Right now I am mapping her out and considering how much to knock it down ... full smoothing or not.
Maybe she was a biker babe who went down and got some road rash ? Perhaps a burn victim ?

Everyone has a wart or flaw. Perhaps with a little smoothing and coloring, she will keep hers.

The rest of her looks in pretty good condition, maybe a bit top heavy. :)
PXL_20240211_215141715.MP(crop)(1024).jpg
PXL_20240211_215141715.MP(crop)(1024).jpg (324.21 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Echo_Chamber

Post by Echo_Chamber »

I had the same thing happen to mine. Still contemplating on what to do with it...
Attachments
IMG20240121174716.jpg
IMG20240121174716.jpg (11.33 MiB) Viewed 83 times

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Echo_Chamber wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:00 pm I had the same thing happen to mine. Still contemplating on what to do with it...
That one looks a bit tougher, since the heating coils melted indentations into her. :(

In my case the blanket left ridges, ripples and other artifacts.
Maybe just do the other side to match and call it cellulite.

Hmmmm.
..W...

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

I think I remember this thread nearly a year ago. Taught me to buy a decent quality heat wrap blanket and to take care. Nice to see Wheezer has decided to try and rescue the doll.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

INFORMATIONS