www.tayu-doll.com

Head Connector: Square vs M16.

TAYU is an innovative hi-tech silicone doll maker specializing in lightweight silicone dolls that are easy to handle. Our patented stainless resistant metal skeleton is closer to human joint movements to facilitate daily usage. We provide solutions for light silicone dolls while maintaining their full body softness. Our dolls are hassle-free and sweet companions who will fulfill your needs and bring you intensive and realistic sexual pleasure. TAYU will keep releasing new features to push the doll market forward with lighter, softer and more resistant silicone companions. http://www.tayu-doll.com
DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Head Connector: Square vs M16.

Post by DocWen »

Just a quick question for those in the know: Why would someone pick the Tayu proprietary Square/Special head connector over the standard M16 head connector?

(Shopping for the far future.)
---
DocWen
Never give up! Never surrender! - Jason Nesmith
Proud companion of Etsuko (MLW 148b) and Anjelica (XT Doll 163F)
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

crazedcat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Head Connector: Square vs M16.

Post by crazedcat »

I don't really see a reason to go with the square head connector. I would just choose the M16.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sillyconeman
TAYU 148D+
TAYU 158C+
TAYU 170E
MLW 148B silicone

Dolly_Llama
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dolly_Llama »

Especially since I think even with their M16 connector the head and neck still "lock" together when rotated if I understood things correctly so the head doesn't just spin around "Exorcist" style

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Dolly_Llama wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:18 am Especially since I think even with their M16 connector the head and neck still "lock" together when rotated if I understood things correctly so the head doesn't just spin around "Exorcist" style
That's correct. The M16 somehow also locks the body/neck to the chin.
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

Dolly_Llama
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dolly_Llama »

Mishka1965 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:01 pm
Dolly_Llama wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:18 am Especially since I think even with their M16 connector the head and neck still "lock" together when rotated if I understood things correctly so the head doesn't just spin around "Exorcist" style
That's correct. The M16 somehow also locks the body/neck to the chin.
I think Alice at MRD told me that the TaYu M16 connector includes some sort of notch to lock the head to the neck when turned. It came up because I was asking about whether getting the Peach head with an M16 connector would make it possible to use the head with a non-TaYu body, and based on the unique M16 design she wasn’t sure. I guess it might be possible if you used a generic M16 to screw a TaYu head onto a non-TaYu body.

Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

You hit the point, man. I was wondering the same before I decided to go for the 155B with M16 connector. It was mandatory for me that I can put other M16-heads on the body.

The pictures below show the notch on the neck connector and the matching counterpart on the head connector. Those are screenshots from a factory video showing the swap of M16 heads on a 155 body.

The difference to be highlighted is, that a Tayu head turns with the neck while a standard M16 head turns on the neck. A clear indication how outstanding and innovative Tayu is indeed.
Attachments
T155-neck.png
T155-neck.png (657.93 KiB) Viewed 793 times
T155-head 1.png
T155-head 1.png (372.86 KiB) Viewed 793 times

Cookie_
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Cookie_ »

I ordered it with the square connector, Tayu gonna be my second doll. My first doll I don't have anymore, but it had the M16 connector and I hated it. I asked a hand full of people and until now, no one could explain if I was doing something wrong. Basically with M16 during intercourse the head would pop off very easy if her neck was in horizontal position or pointing downwards. Instantly braking immersion. I don't care about swapping heads between manufacturers. So her is why from my perspective the square connector is superior:
1- The square connector is twice as long as M16 = more surface that holds on to the head.
2- No rotating parts.
3- No 3rd parts needed for the head.
4- Easier to aline.
5- The notch on M16 is so small, gives me anxiety that it will bend or brake after a lot of neck turning.
6- If you want to put Tayu head on a different brand body, the notch will prevent it from going all the way in.
7- The square connector has only one position where it locks in the neck. You will know/feel if it's all the way in and locked or not.
8- Overal more stable
If im correct the square connector was Tayu original design, specially crafted to be a worthy connector for their high end dolls. Im pretty sure them adding the M16 option has nothing to do with being a "good connector" and everything with photographers wanting to put old WM heads they already had lying around on a new body.

claydough
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by claydough »

i'd disagree with your 4th point, it can be a right bitch to line up somtimes unless you're looking directly at the neck

give me afew days until my new tayu arrives and i can give a review of both styles

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

I would be interested to see Tayu bodies with other brands' heads, if only to check the technical compatibility (neck diameter, connection reliability...). And also the compatibility of colors with other brands.

The reason is that Tayu seems to have real advantages for the bodies (weight, sexual pleasure, quality) that we rarely find all together. But the choice of heads is still too limited in my opinion and their heads are excessively expensive compared to some other good quality silicone heads (admittedly, at least one high-end competitor has even more stratospheric prices for their heads, but they have become an exception today).

The ability to combine Tayu bodies with other brands' heads would be more of an advantage for Tayu, I think, as it would open up a wider market for their bodies that have real competitive advantages.
Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

claydough wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:16 am give me afew days until my new tayu arrives and i can give a review of both styles
Thank you! That would be awesome!
---
DocWen
Never give up! Never surrender! - Jason Nesmith
Proud companion of Etsuko (MLW 148b) and Anjelica (XT Doll 163F)
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

claydough
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by claydough »

my tayu arrived today and i thought i'd just add my thoughts on the connectors now that i have both styles in my hands (this is also my first ever standard m16 quick release head)

ill start with the first and likely most important point,
head wobble is almost identical between the two, i'll give an edge to the square shank design as far as wobble goes
just to help visualise, if the square shank design is an 8/10, i would give the m16 a 7.5/10, both only have a slight rattle when shaking them

one point with the m16 connector is, if it becomes loose on the thread, you'll get a tonne more wobble until you tighten it, honestly i see this as a non issue as there's a whole bunch of stuff you can do to keep the thread tight if this is an issue, but if you want literally 0 maintenance or setup time or a screwdriver requirement, then square shank is best suited (though in saying that, im sure tayu could preinstall the connector and even offer to thread lock it in so it will never come loose)

lining up the notch in the m16 connector is a non issue, very simple.
there's a small amount of side to side slop due to clearance in the notch, i dont think its excessive and the head is tight to rotation with the m16 due to the pressure from the spring loaded balls on the connector, so it wont be flopping left to right much
the square shank has similar slop in the clearance of the fit, however it doesnt have the connector under nearly as much tension, if at all, so it free spins alittle more side to side.
this however isnt much at all, silicon on silicon friction dampens this abit and i really didnt notice this play in the connector until i was writing this putting the connectors under the microscope

alignment, m16 wins hands down here, its almost impossible to miss the hole and it will 'self align' when it slots into the hole thanks to the large rounded edge
the squark shank design has left me alittle annoyed somtimes trying to fit the head as if your rotation or angle is abit off, you'll have trouble lining everything up.

clamping force to me feels similar and both feel adequate for me, maybe the square design clamps alittle more? however, the m16 can be adjusted tighter than it is now, so maybe thats better?
not sure, ive never had a head come off one of my dolls, so what ever you need to do to make that happen, i dont do that so i cant really comment

rotating parts, honestly nothing rotates like a conventional m16 design since its locked in with the notch, i think wear would be the only downside to having the connector rotate anyway, so if used with the tayu head, wear would be significantly lower, but maybe very longterm, just inserting the head over and over with cause wear and in turn more slop and wobble, i highly doubt this though but i guess we'll see in afew years time

swapping heads, very obvious here, i test fitted my jy head on and it fitted perfect, the option is there.
the point about putting the tayu heads on another body is sound, it wont go on all the way causing more wobble and easier to pop head off, however the square design will literally be locked to the tayu square eco system, there's not really an upside at all to the square design in this aspect, the notch on the tayu head can also be ground off should you commit to another body

notch breaking off, i guess its possible, i cant see it happening, but maybe somones head joint tightens over time and excess force it required? even still, if you have a soft tayu head, there's no way you'll break the tab off without ripping her face off first, there's only so much force you can apply to rotating the head, ive yet to see a failure too, but thats just an observation

i think thats all the points covered from cookie's post, i will add one extra though however that i noticed and might be over looked by most

during shipping the square shank will wreck havoc to the box, both of my dolls necks had busted through the box, which is not uncommon for alot of dolls, however the shank is very long and sharp and it is 1005 coming through the box if the box is placed on the neck, my first tayu's neck was also bent due to very very rough shipping from ups, im sure the added length of the neck would have contributed to the forces required to make this happen
my m16 neck, though at an awful angle came without any damage from being placed on her neck

i think thats about it, if you need anything else compared just tag and ask, ill do my best to answer!

TL:DR version:
largely the same performance between both connectors,
m16 allows options to swap head's bodies where square is not
square shank has a higher chance of damage during shipping and exposing the contents of the box due to hole in box

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

claydough wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:33 am my tayu arrived today and i thought i'd just add my thoughts on the connectors now that i have both styles in my hands ...
Thanks claydough! :)

This very detailed analysis is really what we needed. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Occasionally, if you can put a picture or two of the neck with your JY head and Tayu head in place, that will be interesting to see as well.

After reading you, if I were to get a Tayu doll, I would order it with the M16 connector (I'm thinking of the 155cm and 163cm dolls that will probably be sold with both options).
This will be an interesting possibility for those who have a head (from another brand) they are very attached to and want to give it a new body as a replacement or to upgrade. Or for those who want to build a beautiful harem with multiple heads without having the means or the space to have a body for each one.
Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Dolly_Llama
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dolly_Llama »

Great info, thanks, Claydough. And congrats on receiving your girl. I hope you will share some photos of her.

Jino

Post by Jino »

I have a 148 D body with M16 connector. I believe this is the very first TAYU body that came up with M16 connector, which makes this body somewhat compatible with other brands' doll head.

I think TAYU first started off with a square connector that works exclusively for their own dolls. This is actually very common for premium brand dolls such as Gynoid doll, to use their own intrinsic part or design.

I am very satisfied with TAYU's decision to move on to M16, and I am thankful for it. It adds many values to Tayu's body for the doll lovers.
It makes TAYU's body compatible with other brands' heads & accessories. Replacement will also be much much easier in case the part gets lost or broken.

INFORMATIONS