Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Thinking about cancelling my order

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

mitchrd

Re: Thinking about cancelling my order

Post by mitchrd »

Not trying to imply your frustration isn't justified or you shouldn't cancel if that's how you're feeling right now. Just giving my perspective about how I feel and where Iam at with it. Just we are this far and its getting close to the end so would suck to be out the money this whole time with nothing to show for it when I feel once she's home we would be happy.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:50 pm Not trying to imply your frustration isn't justified or you shouldn't cancel if that's how you're feeling right now. Just giving my perspective about how I feel and where Iam at with it. Just we are this far and its getting close to the end so would suck to be out the money this whole time with nothing to show for it when I feel once she's home we would be happy.
It's all good, mate. I can see where you're coming from. I know you've been waiting around just as long as me, and have had the same problems with them not answering emails and what not so I can respect your perspective on the matter. I am going to be having a good long hard think about it anyway which is why I'm giving them till the end of the week. I think that's pretty reasonable considering how long they've already made me wait. Not just for the doll, but even just a measly email back from them. Anyone who didn't know better would think I was asking them to explain to me the intricacies of quantum physics while doing a handstand but no, all I wanted was little update that's all. :lol:

Being out of that money the whole time won't bother me so much if I get all of it back though. Indeed I won't have a Realdoll but there's always other options. For a fraction of the cost I can just get a VR headset and use a fleshlight haha.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Would order that could help I have them and can donthe job for way cheaper but two completely different things. But everyone in front of us or me should definitely cancel 🙃 jkjk.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

jellynuts13 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:00 pm
mitchrd wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:15 pm Sam isnt able to keep up right now with dealing with his medical issues. But from what I gathered they are on track still from when we talked 6-8 weeks ago plus they got a big budget increase to bring in more workers to help speed things up and get back to the old timings. So I Would expect your mid-June to Early July pour If not a little sooner he had some Dr app this week to get more test and info about whats going on with him and how serious it could be and get back to you asap. Try Thur Fri emails is also your best bet .
Sooo, Abyss haven't thought to get someone else to answer emails in Sam's absence because why? I can appreciate that Sam's sick and isn't able to keep up, and as I said before, I don't hold him personally accountable for Abyss' fuck ups, but the whole making people wait for three weeks to a month for an answer is pretty shitty and it's getting old really fast; I'm not the only that feels this way either. I'm half tempted to cancel my order and pursue a full refund just on principal. If they have a big budget why not put more people on to answer emails to help Sam out? Even just one or two people would make a big difference.

I hope you're right about my doll being poured mid-June to early July, but until I actually hear that from them I'm not getting my hopes up, and the longer they take to respond to my emails, the closer I get to cancelling my order and going elsewhere. Maybe when the shitty customer service starts effecting their bottom line, they might then decide to do something about it.

With all that being said, I do hope Sam recovers, and his illness isn't too serious. I can't help but feel that the stress of his job has had a lot to do with him getting sick too which again is Abyss' fault.
A they probably don’t care if you cancel - 6-8 month lead time
I waited 14 months
B. You’ll get charged a re stock fee
C. There is no where else to go - you’ll end up with an imported TPE doll or 1 other US doll maker
D. It’s hard to find good competent help no mater the cost

Abyss sounds like a huge operation it’s a small business. Plagued with small business problems.
Can’t pull staff to plug a hole.
You can’t just hire someone and then let them go when Sam comes back. This doesn’t appear to be a cut throat employer. They aren’t firing Sam for not showing up he’s been with RD for many years.

The job Sam has you can’t just pluck hire someone off the street.
They could probably hire an admin to help answer status update emails with a pre canned messages.
Sam could use an assistant afterwards as he’s been overwhelmed for years.

Anyone you pull off of production ends up slowing production. Catch 22
If Matt jumps in then you probably have QC problems

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

PersianKat wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:15 pm
mitchrd wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:15 pm Sam isnt able to keep up right now with dealing with his medical issues. But from what I gathered they are on track still from when we talked 6-8 weeks ago plus they got a big budget increase to bring in more workers to help speed things up and get back to the old timings. So I Would expect your mid-June to Early July pour If not a little sooner he had some Dr app this week to get more test and info about whats going on with him and how serious it could be and get back to you asap. Try Thur Fri emails is also your best bet .
Sooo, Abyss haven't thought to get someone else to answer emails in Sam's absence because why? I can appreciate that Sam's sick and isn't able to keep up, and as I said before, I don't hold him personally accountable for Abyss' fuck ups, but the whole making people wait for three weeks to a month for an answer is pretty shitty and it's getting old really fast; I'm not the only that feels this way either. I'm half tempted to cancel my order and pursue a full refund just on principal. If they have a big budget why not put more people on to answer emails to help Sam out? Even just one or two people would make a big difference.

I hope you're right about my doll being poured mid-June to early July, but until I actually hear that from them I'm not getting my hopes up, and the longer they take to respond to my emails, the closer I get to cancelling my order and going elsewhere. Maybe when the shitty customer service starts effecting their bottom line, they might then decide to do something about it.

With all that being said, I do hope Sam recovers, and his illness isn't too serious. I can't help but feel that the stress of his job has had a lot to do with him getting sick too which again is Abyss' fault.
I waited 14 months
C. There is no where else to go - you’ll end up with an imported TPE doll or 1 other US doll maker

Abyss sounds like a huge operation it’s a small business. Plagued with small business problems.
You can’t just hire someone and then let them go when Sam comes back. This doesn’t appear to be a cut throat employer. They aren’t firing Sam for not showing up he’s been with RD for many years.

They could probably hire an admin to help answer status update emails with a pre canned messages.

"A they probably don’t care if you cancel - 6-8 month lead time
I waited 14 months"

A: I know they probably don't care if I cancel. They don't seem to care about me as a customer. Period. So, that's not a surprise there.

"B. You’ll get charged a re stock fee"

B: We'll see what PayPal has to say about that.

"C. There is no where else to go - you’ll end up with an imported TPE doll or 1 other US doll maker"

C: There are other places to go, but that's assuming I still even want a doll by that time. I might just dip out of the doll game altogether. There's plenty of other things I'd like to spend my money on.

"D. It’s hard to find good competent help no mater the cost"

D: I disagree. It only seems to be the love doll industry where poor customer service is excused and even at times defended. Especially when it comes to Abyss Creations.

They're not that small a business, but I do get your point about having them having problems and I get it. I've been pretty patient with them this far, and I've never been rude to any of them when speaking to them through email either as I've done my best to see things from their side.

I agree that Sam could use an assistant. I also personally don't see a problem with having someone help answer and offer status updates with pre canned messages. That would be enough to give me some peace of mind since all I was asking was where I am in the queue.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

It states in the cart when the purchase goes through can be canceled before production starts for 10% fee so good luck winning that with anyone. They get tons of emails and they are small business making handmade custom products.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

There is China tpe and silicon companies but trust me the silicone isn't on par with RD if you do go with tpe for sure. I Get the frustration but being this combative about it and overly negative is a bit much. More so because the majority or the wait is over your so close and might be buyers regret maybe more so then the situation but just a guess been 10 months and the queue is moving just hundreds of dolls where ahead of us now where within reach. It's OK they will contact you when he is able to I'm sure ans more so when there is a change we where told the queue would be about 8-9 months and they had the silicone supplier issue that wasn't in there control slowed it down a month or two so sure your pour is close and no reason to be that upset.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

jellynuts13 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:55 pm

I waited 14 months

I waited 14 months"

A: I know they probably don't care if I cancel. They don't seem to care about me as a customer. Period. So, that's not a surprise there.

"C. There is no where else to go - you’ll end up with an imported TPE doll or 1 other US doll maker"

C: There are other places to go, but that's assuming I still even want a doll by that time. I might just dip out of the doll game altogether. There's plenty of other things I'd like to spend my money on.

D: I disagree. It only seems to be the love doll industry where poor customer service is excused and even at times defended. Especially when it comes to Abyss Creations.

They're not that small a business, but I do get your point about having them having problems and I get it. I've been pretty patient with them this far, and I've never been rude to any of them when speaking to them through email either as I've done my best to see things from their side.

I agree that Sam could use an assistant. I also personally don't see a problem with having someone help answer and offer status updates with pre canned messages. That would be enough to give me some peace of mind since all I was asking was where I am in the queue.

I guess I should ask
Is knowing where you are in the line going to help ?
Does it matter ?
The lines the line.

They can just lie with a pre canned message
They probably don’t know when they can ship it themselves

I run an hvac company. The most annoying part of Covid was people hounding me when my equipment will show up. Trane xxx arbitrary number
One day the equipment miraculously arrives with practically 0 warning and we slam it in quickly.

It’s like Teslas order log
My GF ordered thinking 2 month wait
two weeks later hi your car is about to ship lol

My uncle ordered a Tesla 8 month wait with 4 push backs

Parts show up they make them

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:12 am There is China tpe and silicon companies but trust me the silicone isn't on par with RD if you do go with tpe for sure. I Get the frustration but being this combative about it and overly negative is a bit much. More so because the majority or the wait is over your so close and might be buyers regret maybe more so then the situation but just a guess been 10 months and the queue is moving just hundreds of dolls where ahead of us now where within reach. It's OK they will contact you when he is able to I'm sure ans more so when there is a change we where told the queue would be about 8-9 months and they had the silicone supplier issue that wasn't in there control slowed it down a month or two so sure your pour is close and no reason to be that upset.
Don't worry, I won't mention it again.
PersianKat wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:48 am
jellynuts13 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:55 pm

I waited 14 months

I waited 14 months"

I guess I should ask
Is knowing where you are in the line going to help ?
Does it matter ?
The lines the line.

They can just lie with a pre canned message
They probably don’t know when they can ship it themselves

I run an hvac company. The most annoying part of Covid was people hounding me when my equipment will show up. Trane xxx arbitrary number
One day the equipment miraculously arrives with practically 0 warning and we slam it in quickly.

It’s like Teslas order log
My GF ordered thinking 2 month wait
two weeks later hi your car is about to ship lol

My uncle ordered a Tesla 8 month wait with 4 push backs

Parts show up they make them
Yes, knowing where I am in the line would help. In fact any sort of reply from them would help.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

From what i have gathered from two months ago i was 90ish and they been doing 5 pours a week and you where a month ahead of me so have put ya around 70ish and they are lost some of the work force long story so might have slowed them some so even at half that rate would put you near 50ish and if they kept the 5 a week pace in the 30 range so assuming a mid to late June being very realistic possibility so within two months and be at 10-11 month from order to shipping but this is from the info i gathered not set in stone obviously yet remaining optimistic that it could be even faster with more hires and no further delays. Hope that can give some peace of mind.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:46 am From what i have gathered from two months ago i was 90ish and they been doing 5 pours a week and you where a month ahead of me so have put ya around 70ish and they are lost some of the work force long story so might have slowed them some so even at half that rate would put you near 50ish and if they kept the 5 a week pace in the 30 range so assuming a mid to late June being very realistic possibility so within two months and be at 10-11 month from order to shipping but this is from the info i gathered not set in stone obviously yet remaining optimistic that it could be even faster with more hires and no further delays. Hope that can give some peace of mind.
It does a bit. Thank you.

Brick

Post by Brick »

I think everyone has t realize supply chains are still fuck up. Remember China was in another lockdown as soon as the end of last year. And when China locks down, its a LOCKDOWN! Nothing is made or moves....
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

The silicone supplier is in the usa so idk what a China lockdown would have to do with RD. They lost a bunch of the work force recently and the supply issues right before that so a few unforeseen complications didnt help the Q. But idk if other components are from China that they might use so I dont know. That being said dont mind waiting knew it would be a long time when ordering.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

mitchrd wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:59 pm The silicone supplier is in the usa so idk what a China lockdown would have to do with RD. They lost a bunch of the work force recently and the supply issues right before that so a few unforeseen complications didnt help the Q. But idk if other components are from China that they might use so I dont know. That being said dont mind waiting knew it would be a long time when ordering.
They had a big issue with silicone recently

My guess is the frame components come from China
Could be an issue

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Could be but doubt it think they pride themselves with made in the USA. The most recent setback was a disgruntled employee that cause an uproar and took some of the workers with them I guess kinda crazy but they lost a decent amount of employees. Last time I talked to Sam Said the supply issues been resolved now it's understaffed issues and lack of responses is his health stuff but a huge labor budget increase should bring in the workers to knock out the rest of the orders left from 2022 to now and thinking they can even build up some in stock dolls after the queue is caught up so all sounded very promising.

INFORMATIONS