Starpery.com

Simplest way to glue silicone (not TPE)

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
manfredixon
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Simplest way to glue silicone (not TPE)

Post by manfredixon »

Hey all,

What is a cheap and simple way to glue silicone with good, lasting results? It doesn't really matter how it looks after the fact, as I don't mind the doll having a small scar. I do want it to last and not damage the silicone though.

The reason I ask is that I may have to perform some light surgery on the torso of one of my dolls. Likely about a 2-3 inch incision on the back down to the spine. But I don't want to start before knowing exactly how to best put her back together afterwards. Like I said, leaving a scar is fine but I don't want to damage her any more and/or weaken the silicone around the area.

I'm a natural fixer type of guy and already have some experience in working on dolls so I'm not the least bit worried about operating, but it'll be my first time taking apart a silicone girl (as opposed to TPE) so I want to make sure I have the right stuff at hand.

Thanks,
Fred
MFDX.SE WEBSITE & YOUTUBE >> YES! Doll photo sets and videos - go watch!

Currently doll-less! Past companions: 155cm Siluomei, 140cm Siluomei, 155cm IronTech, WMDoll 162B, XY Doll 168B, XY Doll 148D, Starpery 169C, Starpery 171A
Photo galleries: XY Doll gallery 1 - Gallery addition 1 - Gallery addition 2

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Re: Simplest way to glue silicone (not TPE)

Post by young guy »

Silpoxy seems to be the most recommended; I've had excellent results with it on both Realdoll and DS dolls. It's available on amazon, buy a little pricey. There is also Permatex brand flowable Windshield and Glass Sealant, though not sure if it's available where you are. These seem to be the two I've seen mentioned most often on the Forum; there are probably more I haven't run across. Hope this helps.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Depends on what part of the doll you want to repair
If it comes in contact with any part of you then the following applies
Silpoxy hardens considerably more than Permatex RTV sealant

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Since you are doing back surgery, go with SilPoxy from SmoothOn.
There is no better silicone to silicone adhesive. But it does cure harder than the surrounding silicone so don't let it seep out of the wound onto the surface.
As Seagull said, if the scar is going to be in the vag or anywhere you run against, permatex flowable silicone windshield sealant is better because it cures soft.

So now you are thinking, if I have to cut deeply into the back, thats a solid inch of material to join..... I could use silpoxy for the deeper 3/4 inch and then finish the last 1/4 or 1/8th using nice soft permatex. And you are correct. That's what I did and it worked fine.

Reverend Jack.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Silpoxy for the deeper 3/4 inch and then finish the last 1/4 or 1/8th using nice soft permatex
Pure genius Rev :glou:

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Brunch »

Glue: Sil-Poxy and Permatex are difficult to find here in Europe and they are quit expensive to order.
However Sil-Poxy you can get from Holland / Netherlands: https://formx.eu/adhesives/sil-poxy-adh ... -90-gr.php (€42)
And it's also to be found in Germany: https://www.kaupo.de/shop/SILIKONKAUTSC ... leber.html (€47)

But...
- I tested several other types of adhesives and glues, but most didn't work for silicone. However, these two work very well and make a strong bond. Here they are:

I used those to seal up a gel boob job last year - they're still holding up great:
-
Silicone.jpg
Silicone.jpg (491.04 KiB) Viewed 746 times
-
Or there's also an Elastosil E43 which is fluid and self-levelling. I used that one to color silicone nipples with.
It can all be watched in my thread with my torso project: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150726

I got mine from these shops in Denmark: Wacker Elastosil E4 (€25) or Wacker Elastosil E43 (€16) or Dow Dowsil 732 (€12)

So in Europe Sil-Poxy and Permatex are on average 2.5 times more expensive (ex. shipping) than the average price for Elastosil or the even cheaper Dowsil - all same amount of 90g. Your choice! :whistle:
Good luck and have fun with the project :glou:

manfredixon
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by manfredixon »

Wow, thank you so much guys! All this really helped a lot. I'll post an image with the finished result here in case anyone'd be interested.

RevJack - you absolutely read my mind there haha, that was exactly my first thought!

Brunch - perfect, cheers. I'll definitely check those out.
MFDX.SE WEBSITE & YOUTUBE >> YES! Doll photo sets and videos - go watch!

Currently doll-less! Past companions: 155cm Siluomei, 140cm Siluomei, 155cm IronTech, WMDoll 162B, XY Doll 168B, XY Doll 148D, Starpery 169C, Starpery 171A
Photo galleries: XY Doll gallery 1 - Gallery addition 1 - Gallery addition 2

Mreman72

Post by Mreman72 »

I have injected gel into silicone breasts but they haven't sealed and the gel is leaking out. I have tried melting the silicone with a soldering iron but to no avail. Would 3m tape primer work or is silpoxy the best solution? Thanks
YL141 Kylie, shared with Uma, WM#173
Starpery 151 Rong, shared with Starpery Bing Bing
DS 145+ April

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Mreman72 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:07 pm I have injected gel into silicone breasts but they haven't sealed and the gel is leaking out. I have tried melting the silicone with a soldering iron but to no avail. Would 3m tape primer work or is silpoxy the best solution? Thanks
You can't melt silicone.
3M Primer is for TPE only.
That leaves you with Silpoxy as your remaining option.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Mreman72

Post by Mreman72 »

RevJack wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:39 pm
Mreman72 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:07 pm I have injected gel into silicone breasts but they haven't sealed and the gel is leaking out. I have tried melting the silicone with a soldering iron but to no avail. Would 3m tape primer work or is silpoxy the best solution? Thanks
You can't melt silicone.
3M Primer is for TPE only.
That leaves you with Silpoxy as your remaining option.
Thanks RevJack, guess I'll get on Amazon and order that. It may be a good thing to have on hand. $20 seems a little high, but it's what we do for our dolls. Thanks again
DS 145+ April

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

You only use a little. It cures harder than the silicone it is bonding so be careful with "squeeze-out".

Mreman72

Post by Mreman72 »

RevJack wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:27 am You only use a little. It cures harder than the silicone it is bonding so be careful with "squeeze-out".
More good advice. I'll use a little on a tooth pick to seal small holes. Thanks
DS 145+ April

INFORMATIONS