kimberdoll.com

Oil ?

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
pokitom

Re: Oil ?

Post by pokitom »

Broken1 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:16 pm
FCD94 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:54 pm
Broken1 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:54 am A question for the experienced . I keep seeing comments about oil . The care guide for Kimber only mentions Vaseline in certain areas and powder . I want to make sure I do the right thing . Thank you !
You should not need to do this when you receive your doll.

Only apply baby oil if and when you start to see signs of dryness, or for cleaning purposes once in a very long while.

You can also use a small amount of baby oil and a folded piece of paper towel to spot clean an area such as a scuff mark or to remove old cosmetics. Do not do this on anything you do NOT want to remove, such as eyebrows, or eye makeup before you know how to reapply it properly.

To wash the doll, with clean hands remove the head and set it carefully aside, rinse down the body with warm to hot water, then soft soap (some people use baby shampoo) applied with your hands - I use a spray bottle filled with a good amount of soap and more warm water - and rinsed off with warm to hot water, drip dry, pat away any stray drops and allow to stand for a few hours. Powder with cornstarch using a big makeup brush working from the top down, dust of any excess, allow a little while to set then clothe as you want or not.

If you get a stain on the doll from fabric or clothing, you can treat it with 10% benzoyl peroxide acne cream.

If you want a full step by step simple cleaning process, you can find that here.
Thank you . I'm slowly but carefully learning . I don't want to hurt her .
What could hurt her is dropping her or raising her arms too high. Opening her legs too wide.
Leaving her with her legs bended in the knees will damage the tpe.

Instead of oil what you need to focus on is drying her completely, inside. That's your biggest biggest issue.
Her hole is very deep and needs to fully be dried out.

The oil is not a big of a deal as not leaving her in a sitting position with her knees bended.
And the material around the vagina is delicate.

I heard that parts of the doll that are covered with clothes last longer? Someone in this forum said that.

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

pokitom wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:21 pmWhat could hurt her is dropping her or raising her arms too high. Opening her legs too wide.
A good rule of thumb is if it would hurt a person it will probably damage the doll.

pokitom wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:21 pmInstead of oil what you need to focus on is drying her completely, inside. That's your biggest biggest issue.
Do not blast water into your dolls holes this can cause water to get inside the doll and will badly damage the skeleton. Wiping these out would be safer and simpler.

pokitom wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:21 pmI heard that parts of the doll that are covered with clothes last longer? Someone in this forum said that.
Not necessarily - for example keeping black or highly colored clothing or clothing with heavily colored stitching all over the doll can transfer color to the TPE over time. You can easily remove any stains like this with 10% benzoyl peroxide cream from a local store but it takes a few days and is avoidable in the first place. It is fine to keep white or lightly colored clothing on your doll for extended periods, you may get a pressure mark or two but these easily disappear on their own.

The Kimberdoll Care Guide is a free download from the website and is pretty good with a list of do's & don'ts.

Just like for people clothing for a doll should be washed at least once before use. Turn the items inside out & carefully cut away any loose thread and tags (tags contain black ink which will stain). Gentle hand wash rinse and drip dry is best especially for underwear and stretchy synthetic fabrics this preserves the items for longer. I fill a basin with warm water a tiny amount of detergent and a splash of vinegar, agitate the water a little then leave to soak, repeat later, rinse gently squeeze out any excess & drip dry on a rack with a towel underneath to catch any stray runoff.

:idea: Regardless of any other advice do not use a USB heating stick in a doll. Throw it away. Do not use electric blankets. It is very easy to cause damage which then cannot be repaired. There are now enough cases of this happening to just avoid the problem completely.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Any electrical heating device that doesn't have thermostatic control and a timer should never be temperature maxed and has to be watched like a hawk! :)

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

FCD94 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:13 pm
pokitom wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:21 pmWhat could hurt her is dropping her or raising her arms too high. Opening her legs too wide.
A good rule of thumb is if it would hurt a person it will probably damage the doll.

pokitom wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:21 pmInstead of oil what you need to focus on is drying her completely, inside. That's your biggest biggest issue.
Do not blast water into your dolls holes this can cause water to get inside the doll and will badly damage the skeleton. Wiping these out would be safer and simpler.

pokitom wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:21 pmI heard that parts of the doll that are covered with clothes last longer? Someone in this forum said that.
Not necessarily - for example keeping black or highly colored clothing or clothing with heavily colored stitching all over the doll can transfer color to the TPE over time. You can easily remove any stains like this with 10% benzoyl peroxide cream from a local store but it takes a few days and is avoidable in the first place. It is fine to keep white or lightly colored clothing on your doll for extended periods, you may get a pressure mark or two but these easily disappear on their own.

The Kimberdoll Care Guide is a free download from the website and is pretty good with a list of do's & don'ts.

Just like for people clothing for a doll should be washed at least once before use. Turn the items inside out & carefully cut away any loose thread and tags (tags contain black ink which will stain). Gentle hand wash rinse and drip dry is best especially for underwear and stretchy synthetic fabrics this preserves the items for longer. I fill a basin with warm water a tiny amount of detergent and a splash of vinegar, agitate the water a little then leave to soak, repeat later, rinse gently squeeze out any excess & drip dry on a rack with a towel underneath to catch any stray runoff.

:idea: Regardless of any other advice do not use a USB heating stick in a doll. Throw it away. Do not use electric blankets. It is very easy to cause damage which then cannot be repaired. There are now enough cases of this happening to just avoid the problem completely.
I meant covered with white clothing
Someone said that the parts of their doll covered by white clothing were in better shape that the parts that were not covered.

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

pokitom wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:17 am I meant covered with white clothing
Someone said that the parts of their doll covered by white clothing were in better shape that the parts that were not covered.
It should not make a difference. My doll is several years old and still in top condition with very basic care and cleaning. The only thing I can think of that might produce the result you describe is if a TPE doll is being mishandled to the point where an owner is noticing a significant difference between adjoining areas clothed or unclothed, or that the doll is obviously not being cleaned. This I have frequently seen on these forums and it is unpleasant.

Someone like members Wheezer or RevJack might know more about what you describe.

:idea: Also those clothing care tips are for all clothing including whites.

Inkosi Enkhulu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Inkosi Enkhulu »

I've had my Kimberdoll for 7 months. Every month I wash and powder her. Then last month at the 6 month point I decided to oil her after washing. I covered her in baby oil, let it absorb for an hour or so and then powered her. After doing that her skin is now really soft and nice to touch. I suspect that this should be done at most every 6 months to once a year.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Kimberdoll put a lot of effort into the current model and apparently their research and development team are still hard at it to give a very high quality product for the market :thumbs_up:

InterstellarMagic
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by InterstellarMagic »

In recent weeks I have tried to read up better. Here is my conclusion about a standard TPE doll (therefore not high quality).
1) The doll should stand in a room at a constant temperature and not higher than 30 degrees, in the dark and closed windows Every now and then ventilate depending on the size of the room (the smaller the better).
2) The doll MUST be saturated with oil. It can be annoying but if the doll has its oil on the skin it means that it is fine, and that oil will be absorbed again by its skin. It is like a cycle: the oil comes out because of the movements, then comes back inside when it is no longer saturated. The more oil leaks, the more eventually the material will begin to deteriorate.
3) Avoid using clothes when not necessary. The clothes absorb the oil and the doll will lose it forever.
4) Keeping it in a clean place, just wash once a month or more. It has to be quick and quick. Use a mild cleanser (for intimate areas), put it on your hands (a little) then gently pass into the body parts of the doll. Then remove the soap with water and dab with an uncolored cloth (neutral, natural, white) to dry. If you think it's a bit dry, pass some Vaseline but be careful. The quantity must be very small, to make you understand, nor take a little with your finger. This amount must cover large surfaces, so spread it on his body as far as it reaches. Then you start again, take a little bit with your finger, spread it in your hand and then do a short and gentle massage to the doll. This you can do in all areas. Around the joints instead you can put petroleum jelly every week, but always in extremely low quantities. The veseline is however different from the oil of the doll and cannot replace it.
5) If you intend to hold it horizontally, be sure to put a waterproof layer under the doll, like a film. If the doll is in contact with the sheet of a bed for example, the oil will be slowly absorbed by the sheet.

Inkosi Enkhulu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Inkosi Enkhulu »

Inkosi Enkhulu wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:56 pm I've had my Kimberdoll for 7 months. Every month I wash and powder her. Then last month at the 6 month point I decided to oil her after washing. I covered her in baby oil, let it absorb for an hour or so and then powered her. After doing that her skin is now really soft and nice to touch. I suspect that this should be done at most every 6 months to once a year.
Just to add that I've found some areas seem to require more oiling because they develop abrasions on them.

I've found these to be areas that experience more friction: the vagina and labia / anus, bottom of the feet and the nipples.

I find massaging baby oil into these areas really makes them softer.

INFORMATIONS