www.yourdoll.com

Plastic Straps?

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Plastic Straps?

Post by agent0013 »

I have started purchasing clothing for my doll on order and one shirt has these odd straps on the inside. Below is a photo of the shirt inside out so you can see them and where they attach. They're a clear rubber or plastic and they have a bit of stretch to them. What is the point? Where do they go? What do they do!

Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Plastic Straps?

Post by Mr Franz »

They're to help keep the item from slipping off the hanger. I generally just cut them off though, they get in the way sometimes.

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Mr Franz wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:02 pm It's to hang it up by so the shape is not distorted by the hanger, especially after laundering. Some hangers even have depressions or little hooks to accommodate these straps. I generally just cut them off though, they get in the way sometimes.
What? I'm certainly not saying your wrong, but what? The following photo is two of the same shirt. You're telling me that the left one is correct? Because to my eyes it looks like there's going to be a lot more force on certain points (where the straps connect) on the shirt on the left than the shirt on the right with the load distributed across the whole shoulders.

If that's all they're there for, I can see me cutting them off as well! How would a woman not find that annoying to wear and how do they keep them out of sight!

Follow us on Twitter!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

My bad, I was thinking about something else. I've since edited my post. They're just to keep the item from slipping off the hanger. You hang the item as you normally would, then crisscross the strap over the main hook.

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Mr Franz wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:27 pm My bad, I was thinking of something else. I've since edited my post. They're to keep the item from slipping off the hanger. You hang the item as you normally would, then crisscross the strap over the main hook.
No worries!

This explanation only increases the odds I'm going to cut them off. At least hanging the shirt from them made them do something. They're long enough that when I put them over the hook they hang limp and do absolutely nothing! lol. Perhaps my mistake was thinking I could actually understand women's clothing! 8O

Follow us on Twitter!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yeah, I'm always finding them on the bathroom floor when the wife gets frustrated and rips them off of something! lol. There is another kind of strap some clothes have that it's meant to be hung up by. That's what I thought these were at first.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

What Mr Franz sayed! Just snip them off!

INFORMATIONS