kimberdoll.com

n00b Kimber doll qs

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

n00b Kimber doll qs

Post by MrJ »

I'm planning to buy a Kimber Doll as my first foray into the world of sex dolls. (I'm excluding a blowup doll from the daze of my youth.)

So I am wondering about a couple of things.

It looks like she wears a 5-5.5 shoe (US). What size in youth shoes work?

It seems like buying lingerie sets would be difficult with an XS body and DD/E boobs. Advice?

I noticed that people recommend measuring her and measuring clothes. This is going to sound stupid, but, like measure across the width of a shirt?

Thanks! Please be kind as this is my first time. :mrgreen:

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: n00b Kimber doll qs

Post by Wheezer »

Welcome to TDF !!!

Doll clothes are interesting and challenging since sex dolls tend to be large on top and smaller below, thus not real human proportions. Finding "sets" can be fun. However Kimber is close to human sizes so that a lot of things can fit. :) While it is great to plan ahead, DO NOT get clothes before you get the doll. You might get exceedingly lucky, but more likely they will not fit and you will be disappointed. :(

If all you are interested is a single sexy set, then there have been recent posts of one user who had some sexy lingerie custom made to fit his doll. Not cheap but if all you want is one bedroom outfit then that is OK.

If you want "girl next door" or "street clothes" then there are other options. One is to find out her size by testing. Go to a local goodwill or thrift stores that accepts returns and select some stuff to test. Tops in small or X small, shorts in woman's 0 and some kids sizes (try six to eight). See what fits to your liking, and from then on you know what sizes to look for.

Also keep an open mind with doll clothes. For example a short sleeve top that is mid length on a human turns out to be a sexy short dress on a Kimber.

It all depends on what you want.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

packout
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by packout »

NOTE: I use U.S. sizing in this post. If you are in a different country, you can look up an international size conversion chart to convert to your country's size.

Here's what I've gathered from my experiences with buying clothes for my Kimberdoll (non-deluxe version)...

The first thing to be aware of is that Kimberdoll's "official" 30"-19"-25" bust-waist-hips measurements on their website are severely understated and frankly complete BS. I don't know why they do that, but they do. The measurements I actually got when I measured were around 32.5"-23.0"-31.5" bust-waist-hips, with a 25" underbust. The foot length, however, is accurate at 8 inches. So keep those measurements in mind if you're looking at clothing size charts. And you can measure her yourself if you want to confirm.

In general, for adult-sized clothing, you want to get the smallest size you can get.
XXS size is best for a slim fit, but not many retailers offer it - my personal go-to stores for XXS size are American Eagle (Aerie) and Hollister (Gilly Hicks).
Otherwise, XS size is second-best (or first-best if you are going for a slightly more relaxed fit).
For pants/jeans – I go for size 000 Short or 00 Short (or if listed in waist size - 23 Short).
For children’s sizing, I go for kids size 8 (or 10 slim if offered). Size 8 is sometimes called 8Y, 8 years, or just children's "medium". On some China-based sellers (like Shein), it is size 130.

Lingerie - getting the "perfect" fit is a bit of a challenge (due to big boobs on a small body frame), but you can still get a "good enough" fit.
Underwear (and swim bottoms) - this is the one clothing category where I strongly prefer size XXS over XS for its snugness. But often XS will have to suffice - it won't fit as snugly but it can still look great regardless.
Bralettes - XXS will have a good fitting band but be a bit small in the cups. And a Small size bralette will have better coverage in the cups, but too loose a band. XS is a compromise between both. I generally prioritize band size over cup size and thus go with either XXS size or XS size.
Bras – For standard sizes, 30DD is probably your best bet, while 32D is next best - you probably won't get an ideal fit with either but they should be close enough (hopefully). The closest to best fit I've found so far is the 28E (in U.K. sizing) – but it is a bit more pricey and is only offered by Freya or Panache brands (and maybe a couple other smaller brands). Also note that if you’re getting the Kimberdoll deluxe (that has gel breasts), then my sizes might be off a bit.

Shoe Size – For kids sizing, try size 2 kids/youth I believe (or maybe size 1). For adult women’s sizing, you could try women’s size 5 (women’s size 4 would be better, but barely anyone offers that size). I haven’t bought that many shoes though.

As far as measuring the clothes themselves, I haven’t really done that myself and am not sure. Clothing items have different levels of stretchiness so I’m not sure how reliable it would be. I usually just go by the bust-waist-hip measurements listed in the retailer's size chart, which usually ends up being the smallest size they offer (XXS or XS).

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

Wheezer wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:53 am Welcome to TDF !!!

While it is great to plan ahead, DO NOT get clothes before you get the doll. You might get exceedingly lucky, but more likely they will not fit and you will be disappointed. :(

Cheers!
... W ...
Thanks! I appreciate all the advice. I'll definitely wait on most of the stuff, even though im feeling excited about it. She can live in the lingerie until I find some clothes lol.

I have some clothes snd shoes that were left to me, and I'm planning to sell/donate, but if they might fit, I'm keeping them for now.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. :D

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

packout wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:50 am NOTE: I use U.S. sizing in this post.
Perfect. I'm in the US. Should have said that.

Good to know the sizing is BS. I have some clothes I inherited, and I basically want to know if there's any possibility of using them before I sell/donate them. Shoes too, so that's definitely helpful.

Thank you do much for your help. :D

Raspberry1967
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Raspberry1967 »

With bras wait til she arrives then measure around the bust across the nipples then the underbust.

The underbust measurement is the band length.
The cup size is determined by working out the difference in measurement between the bust and underbust.
A cup is 1” difference, B is 2”, C is 3”, D is 4” and so on.

6A1B0115-D8BF-4C14-8547-52E9BC59903D.jpeg
6A1B0115-D8BF-4C14-8547-52E9BC59903D.jpeg (759.34 KiB) Viewed 1684 times

A doll with a 24” underbust and a 34” bust would equate to 24GG (U.K. size), 24J (U.S. size).

However, 24” bands are not really readily available and 26” bands are difficult to acquire and expensive when you can.

This is where a degree of hunting the right bra to fit our dolls smaller frame comes into play.

Take note of what ‘packout’ said above about getting a good fit with a 28 banded Freya or Panache bra.
That’s the thing, a lot of bra manufacturers, particularly some of the U.K. ones, the two mentioned above, Curvy Kate and a few others will have bras that have smaller unstretched band measurements than labelled. For instance, the 2 below have 22” bands despite being 28” banded bras.

8F352D1F-308B-4D26-9C17-62F84C5C3735.jpeg
8F352D1F-308B-4D26-9C17-62F84C5C3735.jpeg (489.85 KiB) Viewed 1684 times

It appears ‘packout’ sister sized down in the cup size due to the greater 28” band size of the bra compared to the doll’s actual 25” underbust.
As bra banding goes up for say a G cup..28”, 30”, 32” etc….the cup volume will be greater…a 28G cup will have 850cc volume per boob compared to 1180cc per boob for a 32G.
That’s why packout has probably got such a good fit with the E cup.

15CB724B-6457-4C9C-93DE-591649641D99.jpeg
15CB724B-6457-4C9C-93DE-591649641D99.jpeg (329.92 KiB) Viewed 1684 times

Hope this makes sense and I haven’t just confused things more…but that’s acquiring doll bras 🤷‍♂️

Best of luck when your gal arrives and look forward to seeing her 😀👍

R
Frances loves her massive boobs squeezed into huge bras..

Huge Boobs in Huge Bras
https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159179

The Basque
https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8&start=15

Sheer - Lingerie and Clothes
viewtopic.php?t=175622

C’mon..pop out a boob/boobs
viewtopic.php?t=177525

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

Raspberry1967 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:13 pm With bras wait til she arrives then measure around the bust across the nipples then the underbust.
Thanks. I definitely will pretty much do that. It seems like the easiest thing to do. I'll live with the lingerie that comes with it for a bit. Lol
Hope this makes sense and I haven’t just confused things more…but that’s acquiring doll bras 🤷‍♂️
I'm definitely getting thst impression. :whistle:

It's all good info and thanks for what you included. I bought a grand total of one lingerie set for an ex gf. The rest were basically too picky.
Best of luck when your gal arrives and look forward to seeing her 😀👍
Definitely will do. :plaidskirt:
Kimber Quinn is loving her new home.
:plaidskirt:

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

I figured I'd start here, and not start a new thread.

Has anyone tried "no rinse" soap on Kimber or another TPE doll? I'm thinking it would be an easier way to clean her body, but I'm concerned that it might screw the TPE up.
Kimber Quinn is loving her new home.
:plaidskirt:

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

If you're talking about the Hand Sanitizers, I've seen what some of them can do to the hands of young children :(

Anything with high alcohol content is good for drying out oils, usually not a good thing for TPE maintenance :)

Useful for TPE repair work though :thumbs_up:

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

Sorry. I wasnt clear.

Not hand sanitizer.

This:
20230318_161222.jpg
20230318_161222.jpg (4.85 MiB) Viewed 1500 times
20230318_161215.jpg