Starpery.com

Card driven games with dolls

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Alistair

Card driven games with dolls

Post by Alistair »

I'm guessing that a lot of us play with our dolls. Card games are fairly easy to organise; strip poker with several dolls.

Has anyone taken this concept further though?

I'm thinking of the card or dice driven mechanisms some wargames employ to allow solo play. Could they be adopted?

Secret Agent Doll swings through the window of the enemy missile laboratory but she rolls a five on the die and the table says her skirt catches on the glass and is ripped off.

Dolls A and B are engaged in unarmed combat. We know that they are going to rip each other's clothes off, but exactly how does that pan out?

There's an idea there but I can't quite make it out.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Card driven games with dolls

Post by Socratus »

Fascinating idea. I never considered that.
I could try her on one of those 'Fighting Fantasy' books and throw die to see which page she turns to and if she survives or not.

I have a set of dominoes... I could play opposite her and throw dice to see what random choices she decides to make.

I could set up a chess set and play opposite her! Although it's too complicated to try a dice system for her choices.

There must be games (say even on PCs or consoles) that allow one to set up and simulate her making choices opposite you.

I shall think on it. I kinda like the book one at the moment though...
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Socratus wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:19 pmtry her on one of those 'Fighting Fantasy' books
Didn't know these existed.

Will have to investigate.

Glad I asked.

Many thanks.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Alistair wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:22 pm
Socratus wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:19 pmtry her on one of those 'Fighting Fantasy' books
Didn't know these existed.

Will have to investigate.

Glad I asked.

Many thanks.
I'll let you in on a small secret... My doll is based off a character I created a long time ago to run through one of these Fighting Fantasy books as part of a comic book.... But then I branched into doing my own stuff.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Socratus wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:06 pmI'll let you in on a small secret... My doll is based off a character I created a long time ago to run through one of these Fighting Fantasy books as part of a comic book
Mine have to enact fantasies, some of which go back to childhood; but I wonder if giving them more agency would create more excitement.

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

Strip Poker! or ....

Blackjack! Does she stand on her cards, or take a hit and risk going over 21? Roll the dice to determine her choice.

Maybe someone could setup a game here in the forum... with someone being the moderator, dealer...

We could play strip poker against each other!
I can move! Designing my robotic body
I can talk! Designing my robotic head

My Diary:
Art of me in CoverDoll Magazine

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Prin wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:34 am Strip Poker! or ....

Blackjack! Does she stand on her cards, or take a hit and risk going over 21? Roll the dice to determine her choice.

Maybe someone could setup a game here in the forum... with someone being the moderator, dealer...

We could play strip poker against each other!
That's an idea!

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Mr Franz wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:28 am Jyoti's in! :haha4:
No 5 Aces, m8! :lol:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Shhhhhhh.... not so loud..... Jyoti doesn't know that... :drinking:

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Wonder if the cut, thrust and parry of seduction could be reduced to a formula, a flowchart, or incorporated into a role-playing game.

The other question is whether the game should include the possibility of failure (to score) and whether that would enhance the excitement.

(I already have a simple, random system for determining what a doll will wear on a particular occasion, and that in itself is entertaining.)

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Alistair wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:42 pm Wonder if the cut, thrust and parry of seduction could be reduced to a formula, a flowchart, or incorporated into a role-playing game.

The other question is whether the game should include the possibility of failure (to score) and whether that would enhance the excitement.

(I already have a simple, random system for determining what a doll will wear on a particular occasion, and that in itself is entertaining.)
Super simple:
You're in the mood...Roll 1 D20, my lad...

5-19 - She's also in the mood.
20 - She wants it AALLLL!
2-4 - Not tonight, dear.
1- Not for the entire week! lol!

This could get really complex with + and - factors you may wish to add. Just brought her a new dress? +5. Been neglecting her lately? -5.
Then again maybe you're the Warrior-King of your home which adds a special bonus of plus 20 once a week! :drinking:

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Socratus wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:29 pmSuper simple:
You're in the mood...Roll 1 D20, my lad...

5-19 - She's also in the mood.
20 - She wants it AALLLL!
2-4 - Not tonight, dear.
1- Not for the entire week! lol!

This could get really complex with + and - factors you may wish to add. Just brought her a new dress? +5. Been neglecting her lately? -5.
Then again maybe you're the Warrior-King of your home which adds a special bonus of plus 20 once a week!
This looks like a damn good place to start.

Cheers!

Meanwhile, some food for thought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmevQ7JsKMw

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Alistair wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:02 pm

Meanwhile, some food for thought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmevQ7JsKMw
Interesting. However, I was a GM/DM for years in my mispent youth. Learned to make up stuff on the fly when the party decided to go off on a tangent, and the guys often went off on a tangent on pretty much every subject you can think of ( bedding the ladies being one of them!). I even ended up doing mini flowcharts for myself when doing solo games! She's not telling me anything new there, though it's probably new to some. I just never thought of applying this to adult dolls until this topic! :mrgreen:

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Socratus wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:25 amI even ended up doing mini flowcharts for myself when doing solo games
Did you just draw the flowcharts; or have you software for doing them?

INFORMATIONS