Starpery.com

Starpery implanted hair

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
EveAndTheDude
Active Poster
Active Poster

Starpery implanted hair

Post by EveAndTheDude »

To all the lucky owners of Starpery dolls with implanted hair: what options did you go for: hard or soft head, real or synthetic hair? Why? How has the hair performed after six months or more?

I’m asking because I’d like to order the soft head with implanted hair, but not sure if that is a good call, as I’ve read they are not as durable as the hard heads. I’ve also read that there is a lot of hair loss initially, but that it settles after a while. Would love to hear about the experience of people who have had Starpery dolls with implanted hair for some time.

Papasmurf1142
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Starpery implanted hair

Post by Papasmurf1142 »

Well for the record, I’ve ordered my doll with a hard head simply because of implanted hair. She’ll be my first starpery, so the only thing I’ve experienced was seeing her factory photos.. lol! Since I’m still saving, she won’t be arriving until may.. if the thread is still going by then, I’ll comeback to add anupdate of my experience with it ..

dave7311
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by dave7311 »

'hELLO!'
I purchased my Starpery in TDF Market (almost new) & have no regrets.
They make gorgeous dolls (mine is Platinum Silicone btw), but as all others;
Man made & none are 'perfect' (some flaws will be present in some how or way.
Not sure if it has been corrected, but the hair is not implanted securely in soft heads.
I had to remove ALL of my Myra's hair due to she was shedding more than a cat / had to go!
(it took very little effort to remove it btw, as it is not attached like a smaller doll re-root w/ knot)

The other head (HEDY) she came w/ was HARD & I do mean 'hard' (w/ implanted hair), but I sold it in our TDF Market (once again & to a Happy Customer of course). We all have our own personal preferences.

IMO, I have always preferred 'wigs'...because they are easier to maintain (wash /style) & change l@@ks efficiently (color, style ...etcetera) :silly:

That's my '2 cents worth' :painting: dave7311

MYRA says; 'hELLO!' (thru my possessed fingers that is) :lol:
Attachments
MYRA wearing a Raquel Welch 'tress' wig
MYRA wearing a Raquel Welch 'tress' wig
20221031_122901.jpg (3.44 MiB) Viewed 1329 times

Synthetic_Newbie

Post by Synthetic_Newbie »

EveAndTheDude wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:28 am To all the lucky owners of Starpery dolls with implanted hair: what options did you go for: hard or soft head, real or synthetic hair? Why? How has the hair performed after six months or more?

I’m asking because I’d like to order the soft head with implanted hair, but not sure if that is a good call, as I’ve read they are not as durable as the hard heads. I’ve also read that there is a lot of hair loss initially, but that it settles after a while. Would love to hear about the experience of people who have had Starpery dolls with implanted hair for some time.
From my conversations with Nick at Silicone Lovers (great guy, by the way- definitely talk to him if you have any questions about dolls and purchasing in general), there are two special heads that Starpery offers with a special blend of soft and hard silicone- Rozanne and Hedy. Both have a soft face, but hard scalp, so theoretically you get the advantages of both types. Unfortunately there’s no long term reports by customers with that configuration yet (it’s fairly new and not really discussed openly, I believe), but it’s worth looking into. Nick at SL offered to let me try out that option and threw in a free wig just in case it didn’t work out.

As for losing hair, I’ve read so far that most of the hair loss on implanted dolls tends to during the early days when the loosest held hairs will fall out first. Then, as long as you practice good combing skills and maintenance, the rest of the hair should be pretty stable. Yes, it will take more effort than simply slapping on a wig, but it does increase the realism significantly.

Hope this helps, and I’ll be sure to give you my experiences when my Starpery doll arrives!

Unlocked780

Post by Unlocked780 »

I can't offer any experience yet, but since I ordered a Starpery doll last week, I can tell you what I decided and why.

First, Starpery is currently offering a free second head promotion, and I'd guess most vendors will also. I suspect Starpery will continue free head promotions in the future, since my understanding is that Zelex basically made it their standard policy to provide both a hard and soft head with every doll.

So, I selected a hard silicone head with artificial hair implants to be used for photos and display. I got the identical soft silicone head with wig for day to day use. I did not choose a hybrid head, but I learned there were two hybrid options when emailing about my purchase with the vendor.

I admit, I have no way of knowing how I'm going to like the soft head, whether the wig will be gross, or if I'll regret this whole sex doll purchase. In my experience, sex toys can be a real hit or miss. 8)

bnf

Post by bnf »

EveAndTheDude wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:28 am To all the lucky owners of Starpery dolls with implanted hair: what options did you go for: hard or soft head, real or synthetic hair? Why? How has the hair performed after six months or more?
I have Amy since about 6 months with a hard silicone head and implanted human hair.

Hair loss is noticable on white sheets or the vacuum head only 🤣. I'd say as a speculative estimate she has lost less than 100 hairs. The small loss is unnoticeable on her.

I have not combed nor brushed it ever, nor has it been washed. I only use clips to style it.

Other members has observed and commented how nice the hair is on her. I agree.

viewtopic.php?t=159889

EveAndTheDude
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by EveAndTheDude »

bnf wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:20 am I have Amy since about 6 months with a hard silicone head and implanted human hair.
Ahh, Amy, she’s gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you are happy with your decision to go for human hair?

bnf

Post by bnf »

Yes, I never considered anything but implanted human hair.

DBastard
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by DBastard »

Synthetic_Newbie wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:36 am From my conversations with Nick at Silicone Lovers (great guy, by the way- definitely talk to him if you have any questions about dolls and purchasing in general), there are two special heads that Starpery offers with a special blend of soft and hard silicone- Rozanne and Hedy. Both have a soft face, but hard scalp, so theoretically you get the advantages of both types. Unfortunately there’s no long term reports by customers with that configuration yet (it’s fairly new and not really discussed openly, I believe), but it’s worth looking into. Nick at SL offered to let me try out that option and threw in a free wig just in case it didn’t work out.

As for losing hair, I’ve read so far that most of the hair loss on implanted dolls tends to during the early days when the loosest held hairs will fall out first. Then, as long as you practice good combing skills and maintenance, the rest of the hair should be pretty stable. Yes, it will take more effort than simply slapping on a wig, but it does increase the realism significantly.
Wish I'd gone that route with my Starpery Sarah. The hair situation (along with other issues) has been handled to my satisfaction via Nick & Starpery, but I am now contemplating the best way to get the rest of the hair out. Fistfuls every day, and every hair that touches her skin comes out, without fail. I'll probably have some fun and cut it short before I take it all out and switch her over to a wig, but it was very disappointing. The upshot (in my own experience, I understand QA varies wildly) is: implanted hair = do not touch, at all.

mathieu242
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mathieu242 »

I ordered (accidentally lol) a soft Starpery silicone head with implanted synthetic hair. Everyone will tell you not to order implanted hair with a soft head, to only do it on a HARD head. But I have had my doll for 5 months now and I have not had a single issue with any hair loss.
Meet Sophia (WM 160A) viewtopic.php?t=151537

Meet Kristina (Starpery 165G Silicone) viewtopic.php?t=163445

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

DBastard wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:34 am
Synthetic_Newbie wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:36 am From my conversations with Nick at Silicone Lovers (great guy, by the way- definitely talk to him if you have any questions about dolls and purchasing in general), there are two special heads that Starpery offers with a special blend of soft and hard silicone- Rozanne and Hedy. Both have a soft face, but hard scalp, so theoretically you get the advantages of both types. Unfortunately there’s no long term reports by customers with that configuration yet (it’s fairly new and not really discussed openly, I believe), but it’s worth looking into. Nick at SL offered to let me try out that option and threw in a free wig just in case it didn’t work out.

Wish I'd gone that route with my Starpery Sarah. The hair situation (along with other issues) has been handled to my satisfaction via Nick & Starpery, but I am now contemplating the best way to get the rest of the hair out. Fistfuls every day, and every hair that touches her skin comes out, without fail. I'll probably have some fun and cut it short before I take it all out and switch her over to a wig, but it was very disappointing. The upshot (in my own experience, I understand QA varies wildly) is: implanted hair = do not touch, at all.
I recently purchased a Sarah as well, and I have been hesitant to take the hair out of its braid - it just feels like over time those braids are going to undo eventually. In the past with my previous one I would just buy a new $9-$12 wig on amazon and toss them when they become unruly.

DBastard
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by DBastard »

CygnusX1 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:55 am I recently purchased a Sarah as well, and I have been hesitant to take the hair out of its braid - it just feels like over time those braids are going to undo eventually. In the past with my previous one I would just buy a new $9-$12 wig on amazon and toss them when they become unruly.
Last night I had the somewhat traumatic experience of pulling all of her hair out, by the roots. It started out as a gentle - and, in retrospect, ridiculously optimistic - wash in the shower, but by the second clump I just said screw it!, turned the water temperature up, and pulled it all out hank by hank.

She's got a fairly nice wig now, but she's not the redhead she once was, and she is pissed. :whistle:
IMG_1288.jpg
IMG_1288.jpg (4.05 MiB) Viewed 419 times

INFORMATIONS