Starpery.com

Starpery 171D TPE Yvonne Review and Photo Shoot

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
JAMES BONED
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Starpery 171D TPE Yvonne Review and Photo Shoot

Post by JAMES BONED »

ppjdog765 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:23 pm
JB, check back, there will be more of this last outfit with improvements. I can't wait to take more pics of her!

Check out my first doll here:
6YE 163F N97 Photoshoot Casandra
viewtopic.php?t=143054

Excellent! I'll look forward to it! :)

Tacitus_Bartelby

Post by Tacitus_Bartelby »

Goldang, ppjdog! ALL of these pix are soooo sexy!
How many times did you ‘experience’ her while taking them?!

Keep us updated and keep posting pix!

ppjdog765

Post by ppjdog765 »

If only... I never would have taken any pictures!!

I enjoy photographing her, and bringing out different sexy perspectives. It keeps things interesting.

That said. Before and after ;-D

SimonT
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by SimonT »

ppjdog765 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:49 pm
Hi ppjdog, unfortunately I can't answer on private messages (I don't know why, maybe I am to "new"),
so I will answer here :) Just a "clean" doggyposition with a straight back.
Thank you for taking the time I really appreciate that!
best
~Simon

ppjdog765

Post by ppjdog765 »

Hey Simon,

Yeah, just find a handful of topics you'd consider responding to add something. Make it easy and you'll be past the "new" phase in no time.

Anyway. Here you go. It took more effort because I needed to do some setup and organization. Hope this is what you're lookin' for.

Be good.
IMG_2822b.jpg
IMG_2822b.jpg (637.26 KiB) Viewed 669 times
IMG_2824b.jpg
IMG_2824b.jpg (884.37 KiB) Viewed 669 times
IMG_2832b.jpg
IMG_2832b.jpg (701.95 KiB) Viewed 669 times
IMG_2835b.jpg
IMG_2835b.jpg (699.09 KiB) Viewed 669 times
IMG_2849b.jpg
IMG_2849b.jpg (845.44 KiB) Viewed 669 times
IMG_2854b.jpg
IMG_2854b.jpg (493.29 KiB) Viewed 669 times

SimonT
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by SimonT »

Hi again!

that's exactly what I was hoping for!

Many thanks for all your effort responding to my request!!
Its hard to find just "rough" pictures for this body without any artistic "posing" (or clothing),
to get a feeling for the "body-type".. maybe some "factory pictures" but even those are mostly from the front.
In my opinion, this 171D is pretty good (and especially near to "naturallly") shaped overall
and I think you helped me a lot, to make my decision!

You mentioned the skeleton in your thread-opening.
Some additional thoughts about it?
Do you think it tends to "break" or "get too loose" faster or is it just more "hard" to bend in the beginning?!

thanks again!
best
~Simon

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

This is the first time I've seen someone using silicone socks. I'm taking this opportunity to collect some information:

Are the silicone socks easy to put on and take off?
Do they protect the toes and their nails well? Better than cotton tennis socks?

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

ppjdog765

Post by ppjdog765 »

You're welcome Simon!

I totally understand the lack of informative pictures by the manufacturers. Many, seem to be glam shots meant to inspire an impulse buy. While I've been tempted many times, I'm way to cautious to spend that much money on an impulse! There are some manufacturers that offer factual pictures and I applaud that (T-pose from different angles, front, side, and back) Starpery didn't have that, but they did have enough variety of poses and picture angles across different sets that gave me the insight I wanted. (video does help also)

They either don't get that a smart consumer is purchasing a product and wants to know how it performs and its capabilities (that includes how the joints bend and how the material deforms) or they just want us to make that impulse decision and don't care whether we're satisfied or not.. I think it's more the former because most of them want good reviews. You don't just buy a car on how it looks right? Is it comfortable when you sit in it, how does it handle, gas mileage etc... She's not a car but when I take her home I do expect her to look good in pictures in different poses and I really expect her to perform like the real thing (flexibility and pose-ability)

I'm glad I helped you. Just know that no doll is perfect, there are just certain specs we should be more concerned with and not to be lured by those glam shots.

Regarding the skeleton... I don't see the benefit of a gear design. So far the only thing I can tell is that it is more limited than the ball joint design I experienced before. I would buy Starpery again, it's not a deal breaker, I just hope they either improve their skeleton or design something new. Nothing has broken, yet, but a couple joints have become more loose. I didn't ask for extra tight joints on this one. I did ask for extra tight joints on my last doll and one of the legs was so tight that I bent the femur trying to move it! If possible I would ask for extra tight knee joints, maybe elbows and neck... if you can specify by joint.

My other doll for your reference:

6YE 163F N97 Photoshoot Cassandra
viewtopic.php?t=143054

* 4891d - I haven't taken off her silicon socks in a while. Her feet have take some damage from my clumsy handling but I'll inspect them soon and give you more info. I think they have helped but I'll look at them and let you know.

schmoll42
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by schmoll42 »

ppjdog765 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:42 pm Regarding the skeleton... I don't see the benefit of a gear design. So far the only thing I can tell is that it is more limited than the ball joint design I experienced before. I would buy Starpery again, it's not a deal breaker, I just hope they either improve their skeleton or design something new. Nothing has broken, yet, but a couple joints have become more loose. I didn't ask for extra tight joints on this one. I did ask for extra tight joints on my last doll and one of the legs was so tight that I bent the femur trying to move it! If possible I would ask for extra tight knee joints, maybe elbows and neck... if you can specify by joint.
Speaking of skeleton, I'm interested in the variety if poses it allows.
I've had past experience with a TPE doll that had quite a lot of flexibility (not giving a brand name to stay within the rules, but it's begins with a "P" :D)

That being said, my format doll also suffered from loose joints after a few months, so we can assume it's more or less and issue with all brands.

PS: fantastic pictures, as always!

ppjdog765

Post by ppjdog765 »

4891d wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:17 am
This is the first time I've seen someone using silicone socks. I'm taking this opportunity to collect some information:

They are easy to take on and take off.

I like that they look like she's not wearing anything... if you're not looking right at them. Versus socks, if you have an outfit you might want matching socks and it's just a detail I'd rather spend my time on something else. Another thing that concerns me about socks is absorbing oil out of her skin whereas the silicon doesn't.

You'll see some damage on the top of her left foot, I was a handling her clumsily and her toes bent too far forward. But I think the bottom of her feet are doing really well.

I checked her nails. I feel like they were flimsy to begin with. They seem to be as secured as when I first got her, thought I didn't check each one. Her big toe (right foot) is close to falling off, i'll try the TPE solvent to reattach it and fix the left foot.

I keep them on almost always. I think they've been on for a solid 2 weeks if not more.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I'm happy to help.
IMG_2856b.jpg
IMG_2856b.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 529 times
IMG_2857b.jpg
IMG_2857b.jpg (1000.02 KiB) Viewed 529 times
IMG_2858b.jpg
IMG_2858b.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 529 times
IMG_2859b.jpg
IMG_2859b.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 529 times
IMG_2860b.jpg
IMG_2860b.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 529 times

ppjdog765

Post by ppjdog765 »

schmoll42 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:16 am
Speaking of skeleton, I'm interested in the variety if poses it allows.
I've had past experience with a TPE doll that had quite a lot of flexibility (not giving a brand name to stay within the rules, but it's begins with a "P" :D)

That being said, my format doll also suffered from loose joints after a few months, so we can assume it's more or less and issue with all brands.

PS: fantastic pictures, as always!

Thanks, happy to share and hear everyone's stories!

RE: variety of poses it (the gear skeleton) allows...

I don't think it allows more than the typical skeleton, below I've provided links to their pages about both skeletons for reference. They advertise; More Flexible, reduced loose joint issues, No creaks, bending limit on arms to prevent armpit tearing.

You've seen what I've been able to do with her in the pictures, let me know if you'd like me to try another pose.

One thing I'd like to see all manufacturers do is lengthen the double joints so that you can bend into a seated kneel position or curl the forearms even more.

Something I don't like about this skeleton is that both the feet and the hands won't rotate on their joint I've had to bend the limb and twist the whole limb if I want to rotate the foot/hand to a new orientation.

Upgraded Gear Skeleton Of Starpery Sex Doll
https://starpery.com/blog/upgraded-gear ... ex-doll-35

Doll EVO Skeletons
https://starpery.com/blog/doll-evo-skeletons-16

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Fantastic! Better than the one at Starpery website in natural skin.

Wheat skin is the best and most realistic skin tone

I have a wheat and a natural, must say that the natural or white color tend to look like silicone caulk color... doesnt reflects the white or natural skin.

But wheat is very lively! and Yvonne is a femme fatale

I received silicone socks too, they are interesting but not for standing, (will tear immediately) use the socks for storing.

Feet bolts always needs adjustment, one is too deep, another might be loose.

Minor tears in feet are not uncommon, wether upon arrival or during use. Your best friend is a heat gun. I put some oil and heat until the scratches melt smooth and cuts disappear. Watch videos with turorials
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

ppjdog765 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:50 pm
4891d wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:17 am

They are easy to take on and take off.

I like that they look like she's not wearing anything... if you're not looking right at them.
Thank you for the info. :)
Dolls' feet are under a lot of stress! These silicone covers still seem to be protective.

I've always wondered why there is such a craze for separate toes. A high-end brand had grouped toes at one time and I read a lot of negative comments about it. Yet I think that the most rational design would be to group the small toes together and have a separate articulated big toe because it would be much stronger and in a real person that's how they appear.
Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

schmoll42
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by schmoll42 »

ppjdog765 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:14 pm Thanks, happy to share and hear everyone's stories!

RE: variety of poses it (the gear skeleton) allows...

I don't think it allows more than the typical skeleton, below I've provided links to their pages about both skeletons for reference. They advertise; More Flexible, reduced loose joint issues, No creaks, bending limit on arms to prevent armpit tearing.

You've seen what I've been able to do with her in the pictures, let me know if you'd like me to try another pose.

One thing I'd like to see all manufacturers do is lengthen the double joints so that you can bend into a seated kneel position or curl the forearms even more.

Something I don't like about this skeleton is that both the feet and the hands won't rotate on their joint I've had to bend the limb and twist the whole limb if I want to rotate the foot/hand to a new orientation.

Upgraded Gear Skeleton Of Starpery Sex Doll
https://starpery.com/blog/upgraded-gear ... ex-doll-35

Doll EVO Skeletons
https://starpery.com/blog/doll-evo-skeletons-16
Fantastic thanks. Based on the pictures and details, it appears it handles at least what I hoped it would. So far so good.

stqu2021
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by stqu2021 »

Very nice review & pictures, the LHP looks well done on the 171D.
Last edited by The Doll Man on Sat May 06, 2023 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit: corrected input mistake..

INFORMATIONS