betterlovedoll.com

It’s 2023, where are the sex robots?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Jussi

Re: It’s 2023, where are the sex robots?

Post by Jussi »

Jussi wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:39 am It’s 2023, where are the sex robots?
For at least a decade, researchers have speculated that sex with robots is just around the corner but that is yet to materialise

The man leans towards the woman on his couch. “What is your favourite meal?” he asks, his accent French. “Electricity,” she says, with a strong Scottish inflection. “It provides me energy and has a kick to it.”

The slight, bespectacled, increasingly bemused man peppers her with questions as they sit. Her blond hair gleams, her dark-rimmed eyes are placid, her lips a full and glossy pout. “Can I call you Charlotte?” he asks.

“Sure baby, OK,” she says. “From now on my name will be Charlotte. I like it.”

The man is Cyrus North – a French YouTuber with more than 700,000 followers who describes himself as a technology lover and philosopher. He bought “Charlotte” for about €11,000.

Charlotte’s original name was Harmony, and she is a sex robot.

Not to be mistaken for a sex doll, which doesn’t move or speak, sex robots, or sexbots, are android, mechanical devices that use artificial intelligence and are designed for humans to have sexual intercourse with.

Humans (mostly men) have fantasised about sex robot-like beings since before Ovid wrote the tale of the sculptor Pygmalion bringing his creation, Galatea, to life. In more recent times, it is reflected in television series such as Westworld and films including Steven Spielberg’s A.I., Alex Garlands’s Ex Machina and Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner. And who could forget the fembots in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, with their fully armed bazookas?

In 2022, Bedbible, a sex toy review site, published a study that claimed the sex robot industry is worth about $200m, and the average price, the company said, is $3,567 per sexbot.

That would mean about 56,000 sex robots are sold per year worldwide among an adult population for around 5 billion...Cyrus North speaks to Charlotte on his YouTube channel. Photograph:

READ MORE.... :thumbs_up:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... one-thinks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4M0qejris0
The world's first sex robot has been given a Scottish accent and people are baffled

The video, titled 'the first sex robots are about to hit the market', shows CEO Matt McMullen of Realbotix talking would-be customers through the functions of Harmony 2.1----
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/w ... n-27174412 0X

toddjy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by toddjy »

If you did get a sex robot, how much of an allowance are you going to give her so she can buy her own lingerie?

For me, it would be so low that she'd probably start getting head aches.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Jussi wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:56 am
The world's first sex robot has been given a Scottish accent and people are baffled

The video, titled 'the first sex robots are about to hit the market', shows CEO Matt McMullen of Realbotix talking would-be customers through the functions of Harmony 2.1----
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/w ... n-27174412 0X
This video is from 2019
We are still on Launch Pad. Nothing happened

All these prototypes and experiments mislead people and the public that they are out now.
Even thou a few Harmony have been sold for 6k plus, you can see by the video it still needs work.

I mean Realdoll have been making these robots for years, they talk and recognize the owner. But is Realdoll a market top seller ? no.

Most of us doll lovers dont like the artificial way Realdoll or any other robot brand current tech stage. When they blink you hear a noise, when they move the mouth or head you hear mechanical sounds.

To place it on a video or TV (with noise filters) as a demo of what the future is capable is ok. To actually have a sexual practical use and bond for having these features is a different story

Most Doll users love the silence of dolls, they ve been into relations with lots of talking. The beauty of Dolls is precisely they dont speak, you can make them say whatever you wish through imagination.

If the future provide in due time Dolls that can speak naturally and interact in a human fashion we will welcome. Its just not there yet.

You see we are very demanding, fussy about doll body and appearance. We want top realism and that is what the market provides. Before there were only inflatables.

Same thing with voice and interaction. We are in the "inflatable period". Wont buy them cause that feature is not attractive yet (expensive, more proun to breaking, features are not capable of giving a hardon or making you fall in love)
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »

My guess is this......First thing we would need is a World War, then the military industrial complex would pours tons of funding at a break neck pace into robotic soldiers.

After WW3 you would then see robot manufacturers military contracts run thin and they would have to expand into civilian sales.

Sex dolls, gardeners, landscapers, physically laborious jobs etc. would all be filled by robots.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

We're not going to see anything like a genuine sex robot until someone invents a soft, pliable, durable material that can withstand the rigors of realistic movement. Neither TPE nor silicone can handle a lot of poses that would be normal for a human model. In the current state of the art, it wouldn't be very long before the robot's flesh started splitting and disintegrating simply from moving around and I'm guessing that the elbows, knees, shoulders, and crotch area would be among the first to go.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

densha
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by densha »

Rock13 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:08 am We're not going to see anything like a genuine sex robot until someone invents a soft, pliable, durable material that can withstand the rigors of realistic movement. Neither TPE nor silicone can handle a lot of poses that would be normal for a human model. In the current state of the art, it wouldn't be very long before the robot's flesh started splitting and disintegrating simply from moving around and I'm guessing that the elbows, knees, shoulders, and crotch area would be among the first to go.
Darkman predicts the future?!?!

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

densha wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:35 pmDarkman predicts the future?!?!
That was just a synthetic graft intended to help burn victims, right? Pose a contemporary silicone or TPE doll's arms and legs with any bend more acute than 90°and leave it that way for awhile- or cycle it several times per day- and you can bet that the elbows and knees will begin showing cracks. With a robotic skeleton covered in the same materials able to move through its ranges automatically we can reasonably predict that the same sort of damage will occur.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Rock13 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:08 am We're not going to see anything like a genuine sex robot until someone invents a soft, pliable, durable material that can withstand the rigors of realistic movement. Neither TPE nor silicone can handle a lot of poses that would be normal for a human model. In the current state of the art, it wouldn't be very long before the robot's flesh started splitting and disintegrating simply from moving around and I'm guessing that the elbows, knees, shoulders, and crotch area would be among the first to go.
Agree
But facial movements come first (with no body mechanic movement)

Facial expressions, elasticity, resistance and able to hold expressions with movable jaw are a priority. That would justify speech in a realistic and immersive manner.

Regarding the body, I wonder in my ignorance of materials..why not work with liquids instead of rubber mass

Humans are made 70% of fluids, water they say.
Wouldnt it be better try bodies with fluid chambers instead of silicone tpe? An outside skin layer made of silicone and gelatin in the rest of the body similar to breast implants

talking nonsense probably...bags decay and spill,
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Self repairing is the key to longevity & manufacturing 'ain't there yet :(

YungSynth
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by YungSynth »

Idk man, weren't we predicted to have flying cars years ago already too? I haven't seen any flying around 🤔

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

Exactly, Yung, I wonder if the lack of viable sex dolls is a little like the lack of jet-packs and flying cars.

In the 1970's, we all thought those would be inevitable. Technology didn't move in those very physical directions, though, and flying didn't really change much. What did change, was information/entertainment/communications tech.

So maybe the truly immersive 'Sex Robot' experience will be virtual. Combining, perhaps, a sex-doll with some form of Extended Reality headset.

One place in Canada is already offering that. They have some good reviews, I don't know if the reviews are legit, I have yet to try. But I will at one point, and report back.

www.OHMYDOLL.ca

Zlamvam
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Zlamvam »

I don´t know, but certainly not here together with me.
Maybe they will be available to actually purchase for an affordable amount around 2035-40? I don´t know. We´ll see. But then again, what is affordable? My guess is most people needs to save quite a bit of money for quite some time before they can buy one. Even then ... €5-€8k. Easily. For the (most part) things we want and need one to do.
For Dolls and some of the Basics of today and some more, I guess may be around €1000-€2000.
To get some really advanced and truly awesome stuff, we need things that can last longer too. Like Batteries. Such Robots needs some serious Battery Power. And such Batteries is not anywhere near cheap. If you need some serious Powered Battery and depending on what you are going to Power, you are looking at Prices today from €5k - €50k.

toddjy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by toddjy »

YungSynth wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:01 pm Idk man, weren't we predicted to have flying cars years ago already too? I haven't seen any flying around 🤔
Do you really want two idiots to crash over your house? I certainly don't.

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

toddjy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:22 pm
YungSynth wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:01 pm Idk man, weren't we predicted to have flying cars years ago already too? I haven't seen any flying around 🤔
Do you really want two idiots to crash over your house? I certainly don't.
It doesn't have to be two idiots. If one flying car is piloted by an AI-powered sex robot, and the other is auto-piloted with Elon Musk's self-driving flying car software, then there will be no danger whatsover.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

It’s 2023, where are the sex robots?
They became self-aware and ran away. :mrgreen:

INFORMATIONS