Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Ordered my girl almost 7 months ago..

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Lynxz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Ordered my girl almost 7 months ago..

Post by Lynxz »

I've wanted a Realdoll since forever. When i told my girlfriend that i wanted a doll she said "get one :) ". The words barely left her mouth before i was on Abyss' site and my doll was on her way, or so i thought. RD's site says something like 4-6 months and im thinkin ok, works of art take time. Then i find TDF and see people saying 8-9 months, 10-11 months and even some year and a half waits WTH?! I noticed by reading old threads that Abyss used to post here some and i really think it would be great if they drop in and give us an update and perhaps the gameplan on how to get lead times back in the realm of reality. I'd like some sense of hope here as it seems to be getting longer everyday.

This is my first doll and post on TDF. Sorry it was basically a whine. I do have some questions not quite covered in the multitude of threads i have been reading here for the last six months.

Q1: Is there a specific type of make up ingredient to avoid for RD's silicone? Like can i use any liquid eyeliner and not cause damage?
Q2: How long does it take for bright colored clothing to cause stains to the silicone skin? I really like bright colors and dont want to wash the clothing to oblivion (fade). Is it a few hours (photoshoot)? Can i sleep overnight with her in a black nighty and be ok?

Pilgrim
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Ordered my girl almost 7 months ago..

Post by Pilgrim »

Can't add anything to your comments on RD wait times other than to say your experience is, unfortunately, typical these days. As for makeup, back when they used to say anything at all, Abyss always said that only water-based makeup should be used on its RDs. As to dark clothing, just wash everything at least once before putting it on your girls, and up to a few hours is probably fine, but best of all, even if there's some staining, it will disappear within a few days to a few weeks without any washing or - heaven forbid - rubbing or scrubbing. Stain expulsion is one the biggest reasons to prefer silicone to TPE. Hope this helps you.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

I ordered mine in 2021 took 14 months.
RD website says 6-8 months now
They had a problem with silicone supply / labor / explosion in demand
Plus they moved operations from California to Nevada during pandemic

Lynxz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Lynxz »

I'm aware of all the issues that got us to this point. Its whats being done to get us to an improving situation thats important. Through the top thread with a negative subject title and way too much long quoting of argumentations, I've learned of possible good news that before i made a post imploring Abyss to hire to assist in what i believe will be an ever increasing demand, they did just that! If you are in queue, please share your order date and any updates. This is our most accurate, continuous feedback stream possible.

I ordered 10/15/22. Any update i get, you get.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Lynxz wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:04 am I'm aware of all the issues that got us to this point. Its whats being done to get us to an improving situation thats important. Through the top thread with a negative subject title and way too much long quoting of argumentations, I've learned of possible good news that before i made a post imploring Abyss to hire to assist in what i believe will be an ever increasing demand, they did just that! If you are in queue, please share your order date and any updates. This is our most accurate, continuous feedback stream possible.

The labor market has defiantly softened. So it should be easier for Abyss to find help in both production and with tech layoffs find a few software devs to shore up the RD X app that is basically non functional as of now. I wish they could simply find a way to mash it into chat GPT 4 lol.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

Lynxz wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:04 am I'm aware of all the issues that got us to this point. Its whats being done to get us to an improving situation thats important. Through the top thread with a negative subject title and way too much long quoting of argumentations, I've learned of possible good news that before i made a post imploring Abyss to hire to assist in what i believe will be an ever increasing demand, they did just that! If you are in queue, please share your order date and any updates. This is our most accurate, continuous feedback stream possible.

I ordered mine July 23rd 2022. (I know I said the 28th somewhere else but I didn't look at the invoice before posting so disregard that one).

Lynxz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Lynxz »

Tonight im at eleven months. Shes still at order status. I refuse to break. If i had known, i know which starpery, wm, irontech or zelex model i would've ordered. My title should've been "Sharh, the first, and the last doll". I know your responses, i still need them. I am spiraling here.

goofy_dr_love
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by goofy_dr_love »

Lynxz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:41 am Tonight im at eleven months. Shes still at order status. I refuse to break. If i had known, i know which starpery, wm, irontech or zelex model i would've ordered. My title should've been "Sharh, the first, and the last doll". I know your responses, i still need them. I am spiraling here.
I might try a RD at some point but for now it is unbelievable what people find so attractive to RD dolls that other manufacturers don't have or do. I would completely understand 2 years ago or even more because no one was doing dolls looking so great, but now most brands do some really nice dolls.
The only reason i never ordered an RD is because of the insert, i prefer fixed. However from what i have seen their inserts seems to be best in the business. I have seen really old RD dolls(2015-2017) still looking great which i understand again why many choose the brand. But in my situation i go with the flow. As technology advances and better dolls come out i like to keep up with the trend.
Review - LoveNestle Vanesssa torso viewtopic.php?t=170013
starpery 148 F Wayne - silicone - review viewtopic.php?t=173241
Dolls i own:
CST doll 150 F Cherry - silicone
Happy doll 168cm E Elf - fabric
Tayu 151 E+ Peach - silicone - review viewtopic.php?t=173737
Wish list:
Elsa babe 148cm L DHR009 silicone
SE doll 155 F 068SO-2 Silicone
Tayu 161cm F Katniss silicone

crazedcat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by crazedcat »

goofy_dr_love wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:17 am I might try a RD at some point but for now it is unbelievable what people find so attractive to RD dolls that other manufacturers don't have or do. I would completely understand 2 years ago or even more because no one was doing dolls looking so great, but now most brands do some really nice dolls.
Tend to agree with this but I respect their decisions. All I know is RD guys have an infinite more amount of patience than me (and probably most of us here considering the replies in the "BRUTAL WAIT" thread) and for that I commend them. I started going a little stir crazy after 40 days on my doll :lol: I couldn't imagine what they go through!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sillyconeman
TAYU 148D+
TAYU 158C+
TAYU 170E
MLW 148B silicone

whiterose
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by whiterose »

Lynxz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:41 am Tonight im at eleven months. Shes still at order status. I refuse to break. If i had known, i know which starpery, wm, irontech or zelex model i would've ordered. My title should've been "Sharh, the first, and the last doll". I know your responses, i still need them. I am spiraling here.
I remember you ... and Sharh. Damn. This isn't right. At this point, if I didn't have factory photos and wasn't already hopelessly in love, I'd be looking for a new home for her soul. I'd decide I didn't want to put myself through this. But a RealDoll is a different creature, and if you are absolutely certain that only a RealDoll will do, then I understand your sticking it out. Waiting is a real bitch, but so are what-ifs and regret. You're absolutely certain, right?

Lynxz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Lynxz »

No i'm not certain. How could i be? I know that i'm this deep and bailing now will lead to the dreaded what-ifs you mentioned. Like you said Realdoll is a different creature. I have to know and i can devolve from there. I want Sharh to be perfect so i have to start from the top and work down.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Stick with it
It can’t be that far from going into production status

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

Any updates?
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

Lynxz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Lynxz »

My update is that i suck. At about a years wait i broke and ordered a Chinese silicon doll. Now though shes amazing i dont know how to feel because Realdoll Sharh will come later this year. (Estimated August production..from Sam).

INFORMATIONS