Doll Art Club

Master Doll Photography & Special FX - Online Course - Early Bird Launch Special

Are you are doll photo enthusiast ready to take your passion to the next level?
Former adult industry top camera man in Hollywood & Europe reveals his best kept doll secrets! Learn realistic posing, studio & natural lighting, mobile & system cameras.

Discover your own visual style, learn about hair, outfits, post work, various moods, story telling, digital special effects and 3D art effects, such as monsters, spaceships and complete environments. Low cost online course, start where you are, easy going, learn at your own pace from the comfort of your home. Get personal gallery feedback and hot weekly content! Are you are doll photo enthusiast ready to take your passion to the next level?

Discover your own visual style, learn about hair, outfits, post work, various moods, story telling, digital special effects and 3D art effects, such as monsters, spaceships and complete environments. Low cost online course, start where you are, easy going, learn at your own pace from the comfort of your home. Get personal gallery feedback and hot weekly content! Website:www.dollartclub.com

Moderator: Swan

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Master Doll Photography & Special FX - Online Course - Early Bird Launch Special

Post by jeep2639 »

By the way, I started playing with Topaz AI. Have you?
I used to think that once you took the pictures, whatever lighting, ISO setting, and everything else you had, you were done. There was a limit to what you could do to the picture.
But I just improved Emily's photo (it was dark and therefore noisy due to the high ISO setting of 2500) tremendously with the use of Topaz AI. And I didn't even go too aggressively.
Attachments
Emily 240229D1.png
Emily 240229D1.png (1.59 MiB) Viewed 444 times
Body: XTdoll 163F Silicone.
Emily (XTdoll XT-2 head): viewtopic.php?t=174486
Sophie (Zelex GE115 head): viewtopic.php?t=178207
Brandi (Zelex GE45-5 head): viewtopic.php?p=2511578

Arisa_

Re: Master Doll Photography & Special FX - Online Course - Early Bird Launch Special

Post by Arisa_ »

jeep2639 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:15 pm By the way, I started playing with Topaz AI. Have you?
I used to think that once you took the pictures, whatever lighting, ISO setting, and everything else you had, you were done. There was a limit to what you could do to the picture.
But I just improved Emily's photo (it was dark and therefore noisy due to the high ISO setting of 2500) tremendously with the use of Topaz AI. And I didn't even go too aggressively.
Yes, I’ve got Topaz AI. Great tool. I used it to fix and upscale an entire collection of old photographs that I scanned. Turning old 6x4 photos from old film camera into high resolution digital images.
“Libby” Starpery 151cm with Lubby head
“Mariana” Zelex 170C (GE125) with “Zoey” (GE98) and “Ori” (GE16) extra heads (On the ship! … Wait: Day #67)
>>> Mariana, Zoey & Ori's Thread
“Jazzy” LoveNestle Jasmine Mini Torso

sim3sum

Post by sim3sum »

jeep2639 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:18 pm Sim3sum, how long before I get to that level of talent? Will I ever?…
Your well on your way, posing is very important and you look like your doing great there. Lighting is key to getting a great image and does not have to cost a fortune, I paid 75$ usd a piece for my strobes and 40$-75$ per soft box. I have also played with Topaz some and its amazing what it can do to clean up pictures, I have used it on cellphone pictures. There are also other more portrait leaning programs out there that can change lighting, make up, clothing and backgrounds.
Sim3suM Zelex Faction viewtopic.php?t=169443

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

sim3sum wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:39 am
jeep2639 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:18 pm Sim3sum, how long before I get to that level of talent? Will I ever?…
Your well on your way, posing is very important and you look like your doing great there. Lighting is key to getting a great image and does not have to cost a fortune, I paid 75$ usd a piece for my strobes and 40$-75$ per soft box. I have also played with Topaz some and its amazing what it can do to clean up pictures, I have used it on cellphone pictures. There are also other more portrait leaning programs out there that can change lighting, make up, clothing and backgrounds.
I actually have a video studio at home. I have lighting and all. But I will need to take Emily to the second floor to have her in the studio. Which I will do… at some point. I even have a green wall there for some exciting scenery… Or I can bring the lights downstairs… that’s also a possibility… I want to first design a scene and then execute it. Right now, I’m more opportunistic and ad-how in my photography of Emily and Sophie.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

Dreamlight wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:53 pm Cute doll, love the hair and head pose, totally, LOVE (passion) does indeed help and push us forward... ;) Btw - watch out for those hotspots (Specularity) on her legs. A little babypowder / some matt-stockings and / or side-lighting can help with that...
jeep2639 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:10 pm There would be no freaking way I would even be able to take a picture like this if I didn't go through your videos. I'm far, far, far from being good. Lighting is terrible. I didn't do anything with Photoshop yet. But you forgot one element in your course that improves picture quality...
... love. Love improves my skill...
Baby powder, or... Isn't Generative Fill in Photoshop something?...
Attachments
DSC_0078A.jpg
DSC_0078A.jpg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 384 times

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

What would be the most cost-effective way of getting Photoshop (i.e. not pirating nor other illegal methods?)?
“Mariana” Zelex 170C (GE125) with “Zoey” (GE98) and “Ori” (GE16) extra heads (On the ship! … Wait: Day #67)

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

Arisa_ wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:33 pm What would be the most cost-effective way of getting Photoshop (i.e. not pirating nor other illegal methods?)?
I have the entire Creative Cloud suite, but it’s expensive. Monthly… you may want to think about Photoshop Elements. It’s a scaled down version, compatible, and costs a one time $99. You may want to wait and look for a sale. I saw it for $59 at some point. I would suggest to start searching for it, put it in a cart in multiple places, and wait… they often reach out to you with specials…

sim3sum

Post by sim3sum »

Arisa_ wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:33 pm What would be the most cost-effective way of getting Photoshop (i.e. not pirating nor other illegal methods?)?
I use photoshop creative cloud photographers bundle @ 10$usd a month.
Generative fill in photoshop does work on shiny doll parts mostly and instead of completely removing the light and looking out of place it will still leave a bright spot.
Sim3suM Zelex Faction viewtopic.php?t=169443

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

jeep2639 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm
I have the entire Creative Cloud suite, but it’s expensive. Monthly… you may want to think about Photoshop Elements. It’s a scaled down version, compatible, and costs a one time $99. You may want to wait and look for a sale. I saw it for $59 at some point. I would suggest to start searching for it, put it in a cart in multiple places, and wait… they often reach out to you with specials…
If I remember correctly, I don’t think Elements did layers?

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

sim3sum wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:38 pm
I use photoshop creative cloud photographers bundle @ 10$usd a month.
Generative fill in photoshop does work on shiny doll parts mostly and instead of completely removing the light and looking out of place it will still leave a bright spot.
Yeah, it would appear that’s the cheapest plan. I was hoping I could had leverage my daugther’s university access to get a Student version/discount which they do have and a great saving too. But it’s only for the full package AU$21.95 per month discounted from AU$79.95. But that’s still more the Photography package!

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

I do have a university discount (I teach…), but it’s still $30/month. But I have the entire CC suite, and I use Premiere, Audition, Photoshop, Illistrator, Acrobat pretty much several hours a day…

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

In my search for a cheapskate version of Photoshop, I recall I actually purchased Skylum’s Luminar a few years back! So I can actually use Luminar Neo. I had upgraded my computer between then and now and did not install it on the new computer hence why I totally forgot!

I did dabble into photography and especially an interest with portrait photography a few years back hence purchasing a photo editing app. But with a camera-shy family and not wanting to feel awkward asking friends to model, I sort of gave up on the idea. Fast forward a few years and now in the world of dolls … I’ve got my model!

Dreamlight
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Dreamlight »

Ha, ha, fab, keep it up! :)
jeep2639 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:57 pm
Dreamlight wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:53 pm Cute doll, love the hair and head pose, totally, LOVE (passion) does indeed help and push us forward... ;) Btw - watch out for those hotspots (Specularity) on her legs. A little babypowder / some matt-stockings and / or side-lighting can help with that...
jeep2639 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:10 pm There would be no freaking way I would even be able to take a picture like this if I didn't go through your videos. I'm far, far, far from being good. Lighting is terrible. I didn't do anything with Photoshop yet. But you forgot one element in your course that improves picture quality...
... love. Love improves my skill...
I may have licked the baby powder... Just kidding... I don't think it tastes good...
But yes, there was no special lighting involved. I just put her on the table and the only lighting came from above, and in color temperature of 3000K or something like that. At some point, I will carry her to my studio upstairs, where the lighting is 5000K, and I have three LED lights to play with... I'll get there... I'm only starting.
But, again, I appreciate you, your videos, and your advice...

P.S. Take better doll photos, add cool digital FX and 3D art. See the new Doll Art Club and grab your early bird launch spot.
Visit Doll Art Club on the Doll Forum HERE...

Dreamlight
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Dreamlight »

Have you considered the free Gimp?

P.S. Take better doll photos, add cool digital FX and 3D art. See the new Doll Art Club and grab your early bird launch spot.
Visit Doll Art Club on the Doll Forum HERE...

INFORMATIONS