www.wmdolls.com

Anxiously awaiting my custom doll from Spartan Lover

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
sethjames

Re: Anxiously awaiting my custom doll from Spartan Lover

Post by sethjames »

DreamyStarrr wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:24 am Anyone out there have any experience with modding silicone heads? If I could find someone to fix it up I’d love to keep it, but if he’s appealing as is to anyone out there I’d like to sell him to someone who would enjoy him more than me. He is handsome, I just wish I could bond with him. I just can’t get into the fantasy if things don’t look exactly right, I hate that my mind works that way…it’s pretty miserable. I wish I could be more easily satisfied.
Are you located somewhere where there is a film industry? You may find someone who does prosthetics or special effects makeup that maybe be able to help alter him more to your liking. When I was looking for tutorials on how to paint Kanu, I saw a lot of film industry artists that have experience with silicone.

I think repainting him would help a ton and maybe even reshape him in a way. Or even construct a “new” face like a mask that can be put on this head that you already have. That could give him smaller eyes and lips, better eyebrows etc.
KANU
SpartanLover/Realing: Pheonix head, Arnold body

FOLLOW HIS JOURNEY HERE:
💙 http://instagram.com/kanuthedoll
💙 http://x.com/kanuthedoll (for nudes)
💙 viewtopic.php?t=168537

JerJer19

Post by JerJer19 »

DreamyStarrr wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:24 am I just can’t get into the fantasy if things don’t look exactly right, I hate that my mind works that way…it’s pretty miserable. I wish I could be more easily satisfied.
I completely understand this and am the same. It’s frustrating.
--------------------------
Dude Harem -
5 Dolls (yes. I have an addiction)
1 - Silicone
3 - TPE
1 - Cloth

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

Post by MyAbsoluteBoyfriend »

You might have luck posting in the "Doll Modifications, Repair & Maintenance" forum to fix him up. There are a lot of experienced modders there who could offer advice and tutorials, I'm sure. :)

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

Bear in mind also that you're going from viewing a face that only existed in animation and transferring it to real life materials, angles, lighting, etc. There's only so much realism that you're going to be able to get, so although it's not a pretty and clean thing to consider, perfection for the real world doll head in your eyes might be a neverending chase.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

He’s looking pretty handsome :p all dressed up finally. Still want to wipe all the makeup & try redoing it…but don’t know how, I wanna find smaller lower lashes, I feel the lower lashes really make his eyes seductive, just all the ones I have are too big. We are bonding a little more now, but I am in the process of getting a new head, it’s just going to take a month or so.
Attachments
IMG_4432.jpeg
IMG_4432.jpeg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 976 times
IMG_4431.jpeg
IMG_4431.jpeg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 976 times

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

He does look dashing...

BTW Make up is make up. Not permanent. Buy some cheap make up, (I was going to say at the Dollar Store but have you seen the prices lately! Try Amazon), and go to town. If you don't like it remove, (Pond's Cold Cream and Make Up Remover works well), rinse and repeat!

There are plenty of CosPlay tutorials on YouTube that illustrate the basics. Haven't looked but there might even be one for your guy...

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:06 pm He does look dashing...

BTW Make up is make up. Not permanent. Buy some cheap make up, (I was going to say at the Dollar Store but have you seen the prices lately! Try Amazon), and go to town. If you don't like it remove, (Pond's Cold Cream and Make Up Remover works well), rinse and repeat!

There are plenty of CosPlay tutorials on YouTube that illustrate the basics. Haven't looked but there might even be one for your guy...
I mean I know how to do makeup, just not on silicone dolls. They say it’s different & they use silicone paint. I do have some, but I gotta do more research on how to make it go on matte instead of shiny. I tried just putting makeup makeup on him & omg it came off so fast & easy! Idk how to take off the silicone paint safely & I don’t know what to use to seal it :(

With his new head it will be resin, which is so much easier to do makeup on & remove.

Resonator

Post by Resonator »

I can totally understand your frustrations. You're not crazy at all! Those little details absolutely do matter and can make or break something, especially when it comes to faces. I admire that you're willing to be totally honest about it. Honestly, this is one thing that does terrify me about getting a custom doll made -- the idea that I won't like it after having the perfect vision in my head. If I ever do a project like this, I definitely don't think I'll open a thread before I've received the doll because I wouldn't want to publicly build up all that hype and expectation beforehand. I honestly wonder whether modern technology is even really capable of perfectly replicating a human likeness. All the custom dolls I've seen out there, they're pretty good, but it just always seems like something inexplicable is different; it looks like the person, but it doesn't feel like them. Maybe someone who knows about biology or psychology better understands what causes that?

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Resonator wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:24 am I can totally understand your frustrations. You're not crazy at all! Those little details absolutely do matter and can make or break something, especially when it comes to faces. I admire that you're willing to be totally honest about it. Honestly, this is one thing that does terrify me about getting a custom doll made -- the idea that I won't like it after having the perfect vision in my head. If I ever do a project like this, I definitely don't think I'll open a thread before I've received the doll because I wouldn't want to publicly build up all that hype and expectation beforehand. I honestly wonder whether modern technology is even really capable of perfectly replicating a human likeness. All the custom dolls I've seen out there, they're pretty good, but it just always seems like something inexplicable is different; it looks like the person, but it doesn't feel like them. Maybe someone who knows about biology or psychology better understands what causes that?
Yea, that was my mistake I guess, but I was just excited & wanted to talk about it/share the experience with others. I finally got a new/better head that looks great…but the ears broke in transit & it’s too small :,( So after waiting months for it, I have to wait even more months to get another one.

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

DreamyStarrr wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:30 am
Resonator wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:24 am I can totally understand your frustrations. You're not crazy at all! Those little details absolutely do matter and can make or break something, especially when it comes to faces. I admire that you're willing to be totally honest about it. Honestly, this is one thing that does terrify me about getting a custom doll made -- the idea that I won't like it after having the perfect vision in my head. If I ever do a project like this, I definitely don't think I'll open a thread before I've received the doll because I wouldn't want to publicly build up all that hype and expectation beforehand. I honestly wonder whether modern technology is even really capable of perfectly replicating a human likeness. All the custom dolls I've seen out there, they're pretty good, but it just always seems like something inexplicable is different; it looks like the person, but it doesn't feel like them. Maybe someone who knows about biology or psychology better understands what causes that?
Yea, that was my mistake I guess, but I was just excited & wanted to talk about it/share the experience with others. I finally got a new/better head that looks great…but the ears broke in transit & it’s too small :,( So after waiting months for it, I have to wait even more months to get another one.
You got the new head!? How exciting! And it came out as you wanted? 8)

Well... If it broke consider it a "test" version that you can now play and experiment with until a new "real" one can be produced for you. :D

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HappyWabbit »

Pictures?

carbohvdrates

Post by carbohvdrates »

First of all, I definitely want to sympathize with how you must have felt about such an investment that ultimately didn't work out for you, an incredible bummer. But right up until the end I think you did so much incredibly right and (I, personally) was so impressed with the work SL did, as well as seeing a custom fan-doll head that I not only stopped lurking and registered an account for this forum, but also decided to finally start saving up for my own custom male fan-doll. There's so little male doll content as well as custom work that I legitimately didn't even consider it! I'm inspired!

I would love to see pics of the new Astarion head also. :)

Digginthemdollz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Digginthemdollz »

We'd all love to see the new head, even damaged. We're following the process brother.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Digginthemdollz wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:33 pm We'd all love to see the new head, even damaged. We're following the process brother.
Sorry for not posting! I have a pic that the person who printed it took, so this is it before ear damage. I don’t have the head anymore because I guess a part of the process of getting the insurance money for it, the post office has to take it. Still waiting for that process to be finished so I can have my head reprinted :,( STILL waiting lol.
Attachments
IMG_8800.jpeg
IMG_8800.jpeg (315.91 KiB) Viewed 182 times

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

carbohvdrates wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:19 pm First of all, I definitely want to sympathize with how you must have felt about such an investment that ultimately didn't work out for you, an incredible bummer. But right up until the end I think you did so much incredibly right and (I, personally) was so impressed with the work SL did, as well as seeing a custom fan-doll head that I not only stopped lurking and registered an account for this forum, but also decided to finally start saving up for my own custom male fan-doll. There's so little male doll content as well as custom work that I legitimately didn't even consider it! I'm inspired!

I would love to see pics of the new Astarion head also. :)

Ugh I try not to think about it too much lol. I wish I could at least sell the head. But at least the body is incredible. They do great work for sure, just should have spoke up when I noticed something was off. I’m glad my little venture inspired you & I wish you luck on your journey! May it be smooth & not as frustrating as mine haha. I just want him complete already & to take lots of pictures of him! I just posted a pic of the head before it got here & broke, hoping the new one will be made & on its way to me next month!

INFORMATIONS