www.wmdolls.com

Anxiously awaiting my custom doll from Spartan Lover

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Anxiously awaiting my custom doll from Spartan Lover

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Welp, spartan lover said nothing can be done.

Anyone know anywhere I can get a head printed? That isn’t insanely expensive? Hell, at this point I’d accept a plastic head if it was done right.

Also, anyone interested or know anyone that would be interested in this head?
Attachments
IMG_4186.jpeg
IMG_4186.jpeg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 755 times
IMG_4182.jpeg
IMG_4182.jpeg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 755 times
IMG_4180.jpeg
IMG_4180.jpeg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 755 times
IMG_4181.jpeg
IMG_4181.jpeg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 755 times

Pizza Man
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Pizza Man »

Dear rich4863,
Just a quick comment on the website you referenced on July 22, 2023. A while back I have done business with them. I was a bit unsure at first, but I decided to take a chance when I found out they offer PayPal. (PayPal insures that the transaction goes as intended). I feel more secure when websites offer PayPal. I won't do business with websites that don't offer it.
Overall, my purchase went as planned. Customer Service was excellent and the final product was exactly as ordered. There were no disappointments or misrepresentations. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

rich4863
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rich4863 »

Thanks for your reply Pizzaman. So it looks like a mixed response. 1 yes, 1 no & the company Realing not under contract with them as of yet.

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

DreamyStarrr wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:31 pm Welp, spartan lover said nothing can be done.

Anyone know anywhere I can get a head printed? That isn’t insanely expensive? Hell, at this point I’d accept a plastic head if it was done right.
Can you get the STL files from the company?

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

Post by MyAbsoluteBoyfriend »

rich4863 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:01 pm Thanks for your reply Pizzaman. So it looks like a mixed response. 1 yes, 1 no & the company Realing not under contract with them as of yet.
I don't think Moon Doll is a verified TDF vendor. I keep seeing Realing Brand popping up on websites that are not verified here (and are a bit sketchy). Sometimes the same dolls can be listed as a 'really great deal' on different sites, but end up not being the authentic version when received; though a good 'lookalike'....

While I am not sure about other brands, personally, I would be a little cautious seeing these for such a low price; especially from this specific brand of male dolls. Realing has said themselves that Moon Doll are not legal resellers of their product currently.
(Though since you last you posted - Moon Doll has increased the prices on these dolls.)

At this time, I think only Spartan Lover Official and RealingDolls Offical website are the only licensed ones - unless Realing makes another statement verifying their other licensed sellers.

I just measured my Ash to verify (who is the Realing Lee model) and he is definitely 5'7". I am unsure how these dolls are 'shorter versions' on the Moon Doll website if they are indeed the authentic dolls? That alone makes me a little iffy to think these are the real or legitimate versions...
~
~Things become precious not because of what they're worth...
but because of the memory they hold.~
-' Absolute Boyfriend '
♥ My Ash's Thread ♥ ~★Follow Our Adventures on Instagram!★~
🅼🆈 🅻🅾🆅🅴, 🅲🅾🅽🆂🆃🅰🅽🆃 🅲🅾🅼🅿🅰🅽🅸🅾🅽, 🅿🅻🅰🅲🅴 🅾🅵 🅱🅴🅻🅾🅽🅶🅸🅽🅶 🅼🆈 🅰🅱🆂🅾🅻🆄🆃🅴 🅱🅾🆈🅵🆁🅸🅴🅽🅳.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:38 pm
DreamyStarrr wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:31 pm Welp, spartan lover said nothing can be done.

I have the file, I’m the one that gave it to them. I’m currently talking with someone about printing me a resin head, for ALOT cheaper, so I’m hopeful :)

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

Do you have a photo of what he looked like when he arrived; before you added the brows/lips?
Based on the model they created him from; he looks incredibly well made in these images... Spartan Lover did do a really good job on his custom sculpt; based on the 3D image they referenced from. Albeit, his color match is a little off in this lighting.

Stocking_Hunter

DreamyStarrr wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:39 pm

I have the file, I’m the one that gave it to them. I’m currently talking with someone about printing me a resin head, for ALOT cheaper, so I’m hopeful :)
If you have the actual STL you are halfway there! Okay... Things are staring to get exciting again... 8)

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:42 pm Do you have a photo of what he looked like when he arrived; before you added the brows/lips?
Based on the model they created him from; he looks incredibly well made in these images... Spartan Lover did do a really good job on his custom sculpt; based on the 3D image they referenced from. Albeit, his color match is a little off in this lighting.
I never said he wasn’t well made, he’s just not what I wanted. I provided the 3d file, they altered it for some reason before printing & those little changes made a big difference to where he doesn’t look enough like Astarion to me. He doesn’t look bad, never said bad quality, never said they did a bad job, they do incredible work…it’s just not what I wanted. The color of his head doesn’t match, & they told me it’s normal so I wasn’t expecting that.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:54 pm
DreamyStarrr wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:39 pm

If you have the actual STL you are halfway there! Okay... Things are staring to get exciting again... 8)
Hehe ^_^ it has definitely lifted my spirits! Gonna have a smaller head printed first, do makeup on it to make sure it’s 100%, then print the big one :) it will prob take quite a few months tho.

Stocking_Hunter

There used to be a company that would take an exported file from 3d drafting programs, (like DAZ3d), and do full color 3d prints. I have one of "Audrey 2" from Little Shop of Horrors sitting on my desk as we speak.

Unfortunately they no longer provide that service but I am sure there are other companies that can do the same... So hoping this works out! ^_^

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

DreamyStarrr wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:59 pm
MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:42 pm Do you have a photo of what he looked like when he arrived; before you added the brows/lips?
I never said he wasn’t well made, he’s just not what I wanted. I provided the 3d file, they altered it for some reason before printing & those little changes made a big difference to where he doesn’t look enough like Astarion to me. He doesn’t look bad, never said bad quality, never said they did a bad job, they do incredible work…it’s just not what I wanted. The color of his head doesn’t match, & they told me it’s normal so I wasn’t expecting that.
I understand. My apologies, I must have read the post wrong when you wanted 'one done right'. I thought you were saying the quality wasn't good (and he looked pretty good based on the images they referenced).
Tone doesn't translate quite well in writing.

poseoasis

Post by poseoasis »

As a BJD collector, I discovered that the faceups I received were always slightly different from those shown online. There are a few changes I see on your doll that could help him resemble the persona you had in mind.

1. the eyebrows' angle is a little flat; it ought to be higher and steeper. Take a photo of the doll, edit it in Photoshop as needed, and then review the outcome before making any changes.

2. Consider powdering the lips to hide the shine if they are too glossy. While you are editing the photo in photoshop, add some dark color highlights between the lips to make the them look thinner and create an illusion of a parted lips. (eyeshadow might do the trick if you decided to try this on the doll )

3 Try removing the lower eyelashes in photoshop and see if it can makes the eyes looks smaller. I think the lower eyelashes are too thick and too long.

I hope that the company could fix your problems, in case they are unable to do so, fixing the faceup might be an option to consider. Please forgive me, if my suggestion is not what you have in mind.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

poseoasis wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:58 pm As a BJD collector, I discovered that the faceups I received were always slightly different from those shown online. There are a few changes I see on your doll that could help him resemble the persona you had in mind.

1. the eyebrows' angle is a little flat; it ought to be higher and steeper. Take a photo of the doll, edit it in Photoshop as needed, and then review the outcome before making any changes.

2. Consider powdering the lips to hide the shine if they are too glossy. While you are editing the photo in photoshop, add some dark color highlights between the lips to make the them look thinner and create an illusion of a parted lips. (eyeshadow might do the trick if you decided to try this on the doll )

3 Try removing the lower eyelashes in photoshop and see if it can makes the eyes looks smaller. I think the lower eyelashes are too thick and too long.

I hope that the company could fix your problems, in case they are unable to do so, fixing the faceup might be an option to consider. Please forgive me, if my suggestion is not what you have in mind.
I appreciate your suggestions :)
I wish I could wipe his whole face & start over but I don’t think it’s that easy with silicone. With his brows I wanted to do them how they are supposed to be, arched/angled but I was trying to cover up the painted on existing brows. While I was implanting the new brows the painted ones started peeling off anyway so ugh, lol. I don’t know how to fix that or make it look properly on silicone. The lower lashes, yea they are a bit too big, but Astarion has some nice top & bottom lashes, a part of what makes his eyes so alluring. May just be better to go without them, can’t seem to find lashes small enough & idk if I wanna try implanting any, I’m not too experienced.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Anyone out there have any experience with modding silicone heads? If I could find someone to fix it up I’d love to keep it, but if he’s appealing as is to anyone out there I’d like to sell him to someone who would enjoy him more than me. He is handsome, I just wish I could bond with him. I just can’t get into the fantasy if things don’t look exactly right, I hate that my mind works that way…it’s pretty miserable. I wish I could be more easily satisfied.

INFORMATIONS