Starpery.com

Make your doll suck well :)

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Make your doll suck well :)

Post by Wheezer »

kbsnhk wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:35 am Would this work by any chance for silicone head, hard and soft?
Silicone won't melt like TPE, so not sure of the result.
You COULD poke a hole through and ream it out, but it might be a bit of a mess.

For a hard head silicone, probably not even worth the effort. Most are not good at oral.
For a soft head, then MAYBE. It depends on the head and if the silicone would be soft enough to partially close the hole and act as a valve.
Now a soft silicone SLE head MIGHT be a good option. That "silicone" blend acts differently and could be a good candidate.

Realistically, a TPE head would be the best choice for a good result.

Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

kbsnhk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kbsnhk »

Wheezer wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:06 pm
kbsnhk wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:35 am Would this work by any chance for silicone head, hard and soft?
Silicone won't melt like TPE, so not sure of the result.
You COULD poke a hole through and ream it out, but it might be a bit of a mess.

For a hard head silicone, probably not even worth the effort. Most are not good at oral.
For a soft head, then MAYBE. It depends on the head and if the silicone would be soft enough to partially close the hole and act as a valve.
Now a soft silicone SLE head MIGHT be a good option. That "silicone" blend acts differently and could be a good candidate.

Cheers!
...W...
Makes perfect sense. Thanks!

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

Wheezer wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:06 pm
.. snip

Cheers!
...W...
soft silicone SLE ?

Some sort of blending with TPE ? Seems to be hot injectable same way than TPE ( I just found limited information about that).

makemydrink

Post by makemydrink »

I have one head, bought it from someone here so it's second hand, lol - there is a hole in the fiber skull near where the M16 screws into the fiber skull and I can see what looks like an indentation at the back of the canal (throat) but this head doesn't disperse the air during fun time (if the indentation is a valve, it is stuck shut) and I have cleaned this mouth/canal several times well and I can see it, and pushing on it doesn't do anything but stretch the TPE.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

great tip and drawing, thanks

As usual, as realistic as a human is the way to go
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

makemydrink wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:23 am I have one head, bought it from someone here so it's second hand, lol - there is a hole in the fiber skull near where the M16 screws into the fiber skull and I can see what looks like an indentation at the back of the canal (throat) but this head doesn't disperse the air during fun time (if the indentation is a valve, it is stuck shut) and I have cleaned this mouth/canal several times well and I can see it, and pushing on it doesn't do anything but stretch the TPE.
That mod works only under air pressure.

If the head you use for this already has a hole in the doll's mouth (somewhere in the back), the nose channels don't do anything extra.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

nox2doll wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:13 am soft silicone SLE ?

Some sort of blending with TPE ? Seems to be hot injectable same way than TPE ( I just found limited information about that).
Zelex makes a new "soft silicone" blend for dolls called SLE. Not much is in the wild yet, but so far it looks interesting.

I have been testing ROS heads to look at how they are made, how they work and how they can be improved.
The soft silicone SLE ROS head looks interesting since it has the detail of silicone, softness of TPE and also accepts oil paint coloring like TPE.
However it works well enough for oral that a suction modification may not be needed.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

makemydrink wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:23 am I have one head, bought it from someone here so it's second hand, lol - there is a hole in the fiber skull near where the M16 screws into the fiber skull and I can see what looks like an indentation at the back of the canal (throat) but this head doesn't disperse the air during fun time (if the indentation is a valve, it is stuck shut) and I have cleaned this mouth/canal several times well and I can see it, and pushing on it doesn't do anything but stretch the TPE.
A hole in the base of the skill may, or may not, indicate there is airflow from the oral section into the head.
You need to test it to see if the hole is there.

First, shake the head to insure there are no liquids inside of the skull.
Second, take a toothpick and gently clean out to skull hole to insure it is not blocked.
Then place and secure the head in a mouth up position. Towels and such are the best for that.
Next fill the mouth half way with isopropyl alcohol. Stick in your finger and squish a bit.
Continue to fill up to the top with isopropyl alcohol, note the fill position and leave it alone for an hour or so.
When you come back, look at the position of the liquid in the mouth.
Finally drain out the fluids from the mouth and insert a tampon to assist drying.

If the fluid levels have gone down, then there is a hole from your oral cavity into the skull.
If you shake the head and hear fluid inside, then there is a hole from your oral cavity into the skull.
Otherwise, there is probably not a hole from the oral cavity to the skull and that head is a good modification candidate.

You can drain any isopropyl alcohol in the head by shaking the head to get it out of the hole, or just leaving it inside.
The residual alcohol will not harm the skull internals or promote mold growth.

Good luck.
Cheers!
... W ...

makemydrink

Post by makemydrink »

Wheezer wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:13 pm
A hole in the base of the skill may, or may not, indicate there is airflow from the oral section into the head.
You need to test it to see if the hole is there.

First, shake the head to insure there are no liquids inside of the skull.
Second, take a toothpick and gently clean out to skull hole to insure it is not blocked.
Then place and secure the head in a mouth up position. Towels and such are the best for that.
Next fill the mouth half way with isopropyl alcohol. Stick in your finger and squish a bit.
Continue to fill up to the top with isopropyl alcohol, note the fill position and leave it alone for an hour or so.
When you come back, look at the position of the liquid in the mouth.
Finally drain out the fluids from the mouth and insert a tampon to assist drying.

If the fluid levels have gone down, then there is a hole from your oral cavity into the skull.
If you shake the head and hear fluid inside, then there is a hole from your oral cavity into the skull.
Otherwise, there is probably not a hole from the oral cavity to the skull and that head is a good modification candidate.

You can drain any isopropyl alcohol in the head by shaking the head to get it out of the hole, or just leaving it inside.
The residual alcohol will not harm the skull internals or promote mold growth.

Good luck.
Cheers!
... W ...
Thank you W :) So isopropyl alcohol will not harm TPE or Silicone?

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Isopropyl alcohol may remove certain eyeliner makeup on silicone heads, so keep it to the mouth.
For certain TPE blends, isopropyl alcohol may cause slight oil leeching. If overly worried then mineral oil afterwards.

But no, your silicone or TPE head will not turn into a pile of goo f you apply some isopropyl alcohol.

Cheers!
... W ...

makemydrink

Post by makemydrink »

Wheezer wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:26 pm Isopropyl alcohol may remove certain eyeliner makeup on silicone heads, so keep it to the mouth.
For certain TPE blends, isopropyl alcohol may cause slight oil leeching. If overly worried then mineral oil afterwards.

But no, your silicone or TPE head will not turn into a pile of goo f you apply some isopropyl alcohol.

Cheers!
... W ...
Thanks Wheezer! You have been some great help. Just thinking out loud, why don't the people here recommend isopropyl alcohol as a disinfectant?

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) can leach oils from TPE. Some even have fears it might cause micro cracks in the structure.
Any of these might occur if you use excessive amounts and let it remain on the TPE for extended periods.
Plus IPA is not really a great killer of everything nasty.

Now since dolls are sold to a multitude of users, and some do whatever is suggested to excess, it it safer just to recommend soap, water and air drying.
If you go crazy with that you really can't hurt your doll. ;)

Cheers!
... W ...

makemydrink

Post by makemydrink »

Thanks Wheezer, that makes sense.

CicadaSound80
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CicadaSound80 »

Wait wait you want a potential "poke" right where the tip would be?
I want to make monsters, don't you?

makemydrink

Post by makemydrink »

nox2doll wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:25 am
That mod works only under air pressure.

If the head you use for this already has a hole in the doll's mouth (somewhere in the back), the nose channels don't do anything extra.
That hole in that head doesn't appear to work or do anything. maybe the same skull is made for different heads. The nose mod worked well, she can breathe now giving head :D and the sounds...oh my...priceless! :lol: I'm going to do this to any head that produces backpressure as this helped alot!

INFORMATIONS