Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Contact with Abyss

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Contact with Abyss

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Hi Everyone I just want you all to know I had a very nice phone conversation with Sam yesterday evening. Sam called to update me on a custom order I placed with Abyss using my VIP credit. I wont bore all of you with the details BUT the only issue has been applying my credit from VIP to Abyss since eyelids are not a regular order that can be added to your cart from the website shop. Sam has been responsive since I ordered them and has certainly escalated the matter through his leadership. Sam called me unsolicited to give me the update an explain the delay. WHY? Well I never lose my cool with him, never send nasty emails and do not hound him.

I am in a customer facing role in fleet management. I deal with very customers of all sizes, currently a large oil refining company, as well as international HVAC and Pharma companies. I field anger because a truck is waiting for manufacturer contracted transport from the factory to the dealer for 5 weeks and that a dealer is told they cannot release a vehicle because a vehicle because of a recall. Let's not even revisit supply chain and staffing shortages. The factory, transport company do not have to deal with any of the customers, the dealer just say "sorry" and hang up. My colleagues and i field all of it. So, I KNOW what Sam is going through. If the trucking company cant find a driver to deliver the silicone, that is not on Abyss, if the factory doesn't have silicone to ship, that isn't on Abyss. Yet Sam is fielding call because of it. I know first hand it is NOT helpful to email multiple times on the same topic or to get increasingly rude. Sending multiple emails a day or even a week just backs up the queue for everyone. Though their system helps him to sort by date by customer/transaction, volume is still an issue. Anyone else who might be relieved to see 100 emails in their inbox instead of 1100 understands what I am saying.

Yes it is frustrating as fuck to have an extended delay when you are paying for an expensive high quality item, when less expensive varied quality items at lower price points are being delivered from over seas. We need to remember there are people who are trying to deliver this product to us are as frustrated for the same reasons we are. They do not make money by not getting you your doll, they want happy customers.

Let's keep that mind.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

ASteele94

Re: Contact with Abyss

Post by ASteele94 »

You actually reminded me of a similar interaction I had with Sam when I placed my order for the Laila head I have now (Crazy to think that was almost two years ago already.) But I placed the order early-mid August, and didn't have Samantha come home until early December.

I had a couple chats with Sam on the site about it, and even spoke to him on the phone. Not so shockingly, the amount of orders combined with the move to Vegas slowed things down a bit. But by being patient and calm, I was given a 20% off coupon that I still have to this day. I was even given the choice of a full refund if I didn't feel like waiting. But I chose to wait, got my beautiful Laila, and I plan to use that coupon on a Body A RealDoll at some point in the future.

Working in retail, you learn to empathize and show a little consideration. Its not hard to do!
My Girls:
Samantha Yuuki-RealDoll (Body AA/Laila)

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Thanks for sharing that ASteele94. Any one who is customer facing faces these situations. Patience is indeed a virtue and we know being Kevins & Kyles (male Karens) is not the way to go. It's ok to express that you may not to happy with the situation and not sugar coat it; but they already know it! A little consideration goes a long way, like you said, it isn't hard. Tell it honestly, just don't be dick! :mrgreen:

I remember when Laila arrived, it is so nice to know you two are still very happy!

:glou:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

doll doc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by doll doc »

You are right. Patience is a virtue in these types of situations. But can anyone answer why Abyss is the ONLY doll manufacturer that can't get silicone delivered in a timely manner? Every other manufacturer can still seem to get it done in less than two months.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

doll doc wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:12 am You are right. Patience is a virtue in these types of situations. But can anyone answer why Abyss is the ONLY doll manufacturer that can't get silicone delivered in a timely manner? Every other manufacturer can still seem to get it done in less than two months.
Abyss is the only doll manufacturer in the United States; the rest are in China. Their silicone material suppliers are in different countries. I am not 100% sure about your question, though. Are you asking why Abyss can't get silicone delivered to them or why they can't deliver a silicone doll in 2 months?
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Brick

Post by Brick »

doll doc wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:12 am You are right. Patience is a virtue in these types of situations. But can anyone answer why Abyss is the ONLY doll manufacturer that can't get silicone delivered in a timely manner? Every other manufacturer can still seem to get it done in less than two months.
China is the number one supplier of silicone and additives to the U.S. So Asian doll makers are closer to the source and supplies are always available. And the dolls from Abyss are better quality than any of the other dolls, hence the longer lead times on delivery. Again, not disparaging other doll makers. Just stating the facts..
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Brick

Post by Brick »

Not a well known fact, but occasionally Mat will buy silicone dolls from other doll makers, to make sure he stays ahead of the curve on quality. He will never let RD become anything less than TOP OF THE LINE 8)

Nick_Downtown
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nick_Downtown »

Hi TJ, thanks for posting this. I fully understand what Abyss is up against as I sit in the owners seat of two companies one in production and one in construction. Different industries, yes, but we still make stuff, order stuff, have to track stuff down, and have lots of upset customers. I placed my order in early 2022 and am still waiting, I am not angry and have been cordial with Sam and anyone else there who deals with customers. Presently, Abyss has not returned any messages since April 3rd, 2023...that's bad. My previously communication with Sam was about this same issue of VIP credits. I get they are making art but a vast majority of their process is production and I will acknowledge its complex. But it's nearly impossible for me not to look at everything Abyss is claiming as pure excuses. Does it stink having your inbox and voicemail loaded to the brim...yeah...but people push through it.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

Brick wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:39 pm Not a well known fact, but occasionally Mat will buy silicone dolls from other doll makers, to make sure he stays ahead of the curve on quality. He will never let RD become anything less than TOP OF THE LINE 8)
Please don't take this question the wrong way, as I am genuinely curious. How exactly are they staying ahead of the curve? Is it in terms of materials and manufacturing? If so, then I can understand. But in terms of product features, there are some things that are industry standard at this point, like articulated fingers, that RD doesn't have yet and has no plans to implement. Again, I'm not trying to come off as rude. I'm just genuinely curious.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:53 pm
Brick wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:39 pm Not a well known fact, but occasionally Mat will buy silicone dolls from other doll makers, to make sure he stays ahead of the curve on quality. He will never let RD become anything less than TOP OF THE LINE 8)
Please don't take this question the wrong way, as I am genuinely curious. How exactly are they staying ahead of the curve? Is it in terms of materials and manufacturing? If so, then I can understand. But in terms of product features, there are some things that are industry standard at this point, like articulated fingers, that RD doesn't have yet and has no plans to implement. Again, I'm not trying to come off as rude. I'm just genuinely curious.
Hi Anon,

First, please do not speak to any company's plans to implement a particular feature without specific support for that statement per Rule 10—regarding unsupported claims. I do realize some companies offer articulated fingers, but where have you seen this to be industry standard, as in, most of, if not all, other companies are offering it?

For example, I have seen continuous improvement of detail in Real Doll bodies and faces in the last 8–3/4 years. This detail improvement I have seen includes veins, hand, foot, and finger detail, areola & nipple detail, color variation in skin tone, joint/bone protrusions, e.g. collar bone, ankle knuckles, elbows, & knees.

TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Atlas-Alderbund
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Atlas-Alderbund »

Bumping for interest

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:49 pm
Hi Anon,

First, please do not speak to any company's plans to implement a particular feature without specific support for that statement per Rule 10—regarding unsupported claims. I do realize some companies offer articulated fingers, but where have you seen this to be industry standard, as in, most of, if not all, other companies are offering it?

For example, I have seen continuous improvement of detail in Real Doll bodies and faces in the last 8–3/4 years. This detail improvement I have seen includes veins, hand, foot, and finger detail, areola & nipple detail, color variation in skin tone, joint/bone protrusions, e.g. collar bone, ankle knuckles, elbows, & knees.

I didn't mean to make any claims as to what Abyss is or is not doing. What I said is based off of conversations I had with Abyss and people familiar with them when I purchased my doll maybe a year or two ago. I don't know if anything has changed. But importantly, I am very clearly not a representative of Abyss, as per not having the Abyss flair, so I assume that nobody is going to take my assumptions as fact.

Maybe I personally haven't seen much "significant" improvements, as I my point of view is looking at the RD website for years wanting a RD and then eventually getting one, and not having multiple dolls over the years. But I will say, even though I do have issues with Abyss and the product I received from them, they do some things really well. The silicone is mostly great, for example. I've been told that RD is much harder than other dolls. I can say that they are as soft as my previous doll. My only complaint is that my RD's breasts are much harder than they should be for their size (c cup). The foam core in the chest is quite hard, which gives the impression of ribs. It's realistic, and I like that detail. The skeleton is great, although I'm a bit disappointed that Abyss doesn't make it clear that it's a loose skeleton. The mouths are very detailed, and have always been. it's nice to have that feature. And the doll itself is beautiful. So I do think Abyss does some good things, but at the same time I see what can be seen as somewhat common features missing. It may sound trivial, but articulated fingers are really, really nice. It feels quite nice to be cuddling with your doll and to have your doll actually hold you in her arms. My RD's finger wires are too stiff and fragile to do that. They are hard to pose, and if kept in a bent position for more than a few hours, I've found that they will puncture the duracast hands. I didn't have that issue with my last doll, which didn't have hard hands. And the acrylic fingernails do feel more realistic.

But despite all the issues I had with the defective doll and Abyss, would I order another RD? Sure I would. I'd give anyone a second chance. I've had multiple unprecedented (I'm unlucky) skeletal issues with (competing brand) , but I have another one of their dolls in production now. Why? I know what I'm getting, and I see that they changed the skeleton, which theoretically makes the issue I had impossible to happen again. Plus I've always wanted a RD with a Laila head. Although I most likely won't be getting that any time soon as I'm not in a financial situation to drop $8k on a doll. But I remain open to it in the future.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Then all you needed to do is state this in your initial post with the question.
What I said is based off of conversations I had with Abyss and people familiar with them when I purchased my doll maybe a year or two ago. I don't know if anything has changed.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Brick

Post by Brick »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:40 am
TJ_Foxx wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:49 pm
Hi Anon,

I didn't mean to make any claims as to what Abyss is or is not doing. What I said is based off of conversations I had with Abyss and people familiar with them when I purchased my doll maybe a year or two ago. I don't know if anything has changed. But importantly, I am very clearly not a representative of Abyss, as per not having the Abyss flair, so I assume that nobody is going to take my assumptions as fact.

Maybe I personally haven't seen much "significant" improvements, as I my point of view is looking at the RD website for years wanting a RD and then eventually getting one, and not having multiple dolls over the years. But I will say, even though I do have issues with Abyss and the product I received from them, they do some things really well. The silicone is mostly great, for example. I've been told that RD is much harder than other dolls. I can say that they are as soft as my previous doll. My only complaint is that my RD's breasts are much harder than they should be for their size (c cup). The foam core in the chest is quite hard, which gives the impression of ribs. It's realistic, and I like that detail. The skeleton is great, although I'm a bit disappointed that Abyss doesn't make it clear that it's a loose skeleton. The mouths are very detailed, and have always been. it's nice to have that feature. And the doll itself is beautiful. So I do think Abyss does some good things, but at the same time I see what can be seen as somewhat common features missing. It may sound trivial, but articulated fingers are really, really nice. It feels quite nice to be cuddling with your doll and to have your doll actually hold you in her arms. My RD's finger wires are too stiff and fragile to do that. They are hard to pose, and if kept in a bent position for more than a few hours, I've found that they will puncture the duracast hands. I didn't have that issue with my last doll, which didn't have hard hands. And the acrylic fingernails do feel more realistic.

But despite all the issues I had with the defective doll and Abyss, would I order another RD? Sure I would. I'd give anyone a second chance. I've had multiple unprecedented (I'm unlucky) skeletal issues with (competing brand), but I have another one of their dolls in production now. Why? I know what I'm getting, and I see that they changed the skeleton, which theoretically makes the issue I had impossible to happen again. Plus I've always wanted a RD with a Laila head. Although I most likely won't be getting that any time soon as I'm not in a financial situation to drop $8k on a doll. But I remain open to it in the future.
You need to understand 2 issue's with silicone Dolls:

What can be done as far as producing a sex doll using silicone as the main component. Silicone has a tear and abrasion limit that is very low, even using Medical grade. This limits the innovation that can be applied to the production of the doll.

Price Point ceiling to affordability of the doll. There is a threshold of what you can produce and keep it affordable to the masses.

In my opinion RD is very close to both of those limits. This opinion comes from years of being in the production facility watching the dolls being made and tested. I have seen the R&D of the dolls and the robots..

donjuanx
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by donjuanx »

Hi! I just placed an order for a Realdoll Body C Renee. After finding this forum and reading some of the posts, it seems I may have found, not the best time, to place this order!

After reading through some of these threads I'm getting a bit worried about my nearly $10,000 purchase arriving! Can people with more experience with the company put my fears at ease or tell me what I should do?

I don't mind waiting, even a year or more, but I want to feel confident that at some point down the line I will receive her. This isn't my first doll, but I've wanted a Realdoll Body C for a while now and finally scraped up the funds to order one. Should I be worried about my purchase?

INFORMATIONS