Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

BoyToyDolls Cost Too Much! Discuss Here

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

manekineko
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by manekineko »

Perry wrote: You guys are full of shit to sit here and take pot shots at someone who is risking a great deal to bring a REAL product to market.

Move the GODDAMNED BITCHING to a new thread......this is HIJACKING...yet again!!!
I'm with Perry on this one. move the thread elsewhere. Complaining about how high priced something is just because you can't afford it is not the purpose of this particular topic.

If you've got a problem, speak with your wallet and don't buy it. Enough said.

Now can we go back to talking about the new dolls?

flavortang
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by flavortang »

euchre wrote:
technoguy wrote:SG wrote:
No matter how much you complain about it, they aren't going to reduce the price and they'll sell all of them too.
As I've said before, a manufacturer could come out with a "re-enginnered" doll that retails for $10,000 USD and, if they produce them in LIMITED, enough numbers, then they, too, would probably "sell out".

However, such offers are not for the "average" person wanting to own a high-end doll. They need an affordable doll, not a luxury item that is out of reach without extra financial burden.

Well, I do hope that Abyss is successful with the doll and I, too, am sure it will sel at the rate of one a day. I think this new doll will appeal to those who are into the "anime look" and as such it is well done.

Maybe I will begin to refer to any dolls retailing for MORE than $7,000 USD as an "ULTRA high-end" dolls to distinquich them from the present "high end dolls" that market for between $4500 USD and $7000 USD. And note that I already consider the present high-end dolls to be overpriced by about 50%!

technoguy
TG

Just wondering... How much is that computer you're using right now cost? Is it a 'high-end' computer costing a grand at least or is it a sub $1000 model? What about the vehicle you drive? or the home you own? are they top of the line too? or did you wait a few yrs and buy them at an repo/forclose auction?

What I'm tring to get at is I'm surprised at how much people complain about the price of one thing yet they have to have the 'best' of everything else and $$$ is no object... We've all seen it... rich folks driving Beemers yet they shop at Wal-Mart....

Have you seen the prices of retail clothing? My wife used to work at a leading Womens Fashion store and showed me some insider books... shirts that they sold for $40-50 each they got for $5.00 or less!! The markup was ridiculous!

I don't blame you for wanting a cheaper priced doll. Everyone does... but I don't think Abyss and Phoenix are going to drop there prices anytime soon.... if at all.

BTW have you ever thought about buying a used doll when/if you decide to get one?

Euchre
I had a buddy, was a real good guy, who used to shop at Abercrombie and Fitch and buy expensive clothes, but h drove a beater car with a bad paint job, ate Top Ramen almost everyday and was always broke as hell. lol People like to give the illusion of wealth, but so few people actually are wealthy.

Expensive things are expensive for a reason. If you can't afford them, that's not the fault of the manufacturer, it's your fault for not making enough money to afford them.

High-end love dolls and 'average person' shouldn't even be in the same sentence because the need for high-end love dolls belongs to an EXTREMELY niche market, the same way that high-end PCs like Alienware are aimed at an extremely niche market/consumer-base. Again, it's that supply/demand balance. There really are not that many people out there badly wanting a high-end sex doll, and if there are, manufacturers still wouldn't be able to produce an affordable doll that's of the same quality as a RD, MD, .etc.

Abyss has been in business for over ten years and how many RDs are floating around out there? 4000 was a number I came across, and many owners own several so there's only maybe 1500-2000 people out there who own one... globally. 2000 people out of billions? That's a niche market. For something that aims at such a small consumer base it doesn't have to be cheap, and it shouldn't be.

Abisslover

Post by Abisslover »

Im sure Matt wont have any problems selling these dolls and he could probably charge a lot more than he does. BTW---Im sure there are A LOT of people on this site(excluding the independently wealthy) that would kill to earn 40 dollars an hour and love working on sex dolls all day long. 40 bucks and hour adds up to 76800 per year so I doubt someone who is earning that kind of income is going to hate their job. You could also argue that there is a much bigger market for these dolls than you might think, heck there are at least 20,000 members of this site and I bet all of them would like to own a doll.....

dreamweavers

Post by dreamweavers »

Perry is right. Maybe we should split this thread and create a "Complaining About the Price" (Why not call it what it is? :lol: ) thread so this one can focus on doll info...
Nicole's Albums: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10643

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

Perry is right. Maybe we should split this thread and create a "Complaining About the Price" (Why not call it what it is? Laughing ) thread so this one can focus on doll info...
Good idea. Also I think someones earlier sugguestion that Boytoy should have its own seperate forum section from Realdoll, made good sense.

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Technoguy,

I'm afraid I'm with the other doll forum members on this. I'd prefer to pay a healthy amount and get a quality product, than risk paying less for a possible inferior product.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mrdudeguyman »

Nonfactor wrote:
But wait! You also need a bed to use her on. Wouldn't want to do that in public so you'll need a house too! That's a few hundred thousand right there!
LOL. Not where I live. You can get a house for $10,000 or often less. Of course, no one wants to live here either, so that tends to have an effect on pricing...

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Yes. BoyToy should have its own Forum and also be featured in the Doll Matrix. Other Japanese love doll companies are represented there and they have no entries, yet - so that is not a valid reason.

Boytoy is one of the most popular threads ever. It has already spawned two off-shoot threads, so definitely deserves the above! Just my opinion.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

dreamweavers

Post by dreamweavers »

I agree Crazyhorse; Phoenix is a viable entity, thus Boytoy dolls should have their own forum....
I agree with tg with respect to whether he wants to pay for something versus the ability. That's what I was referring to when I said it was past my price threshold-you need limits somewhere, and $7500 is past mine, regardless of assets I would or would not tap.

I don't think the analogy of price reductions in DVD players, etc is correct, though. Putting sex dolls into a mainstream category, and assuming cost decreases due to economy of scale benefits, seems foolish. Dolls aren't likely to be anything but a luxury item for the foreseeable future, especially considering it's a highly charged topic, unlike digital cameras or flat screen TVs. I can't picture a silicone doll in every household....
Nicole's Albums: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10643

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

The admin have decided that BoyToyDolls will get their own forum once delivery begins.

For now it will stay in the RealDoll section.

But don't worry, its only a few more weeks until delivery begins, and I can hardly wait!

GSS

Post by GSS »

technoguy wrote:SG wrote:

Maybe I will begin to refer to any dolls retailing for MORE than $7,000 USD as an "ULTRA high-end" dolls to distinquich them from the present "high end dolls" that market for between $4500 USD and $7000 USD. And note that I already consider the present high-end dolls to be overpriced by about 50%!

technoguy
Hi Technoguy,

Yes, I think they are too much for what you get, especially for the life expectancy. Unlike you I'm not so sure that high end doll prices will drop as dramatically as you think. It's not that I don't think they should. It's just good old fashioned economics.

You see, relatively speaking there's not a lot of demand for dolls. Doll ownership in the US is pretty rare. What would need to happen would be for dolls to go mainstream. That would create higher competition and weed out inferior product.

That hasn't happened yet. I expect that it'll happen in Japan first. The Japanese are so ahead of the curve. Furthermore, as long as one or two companies own the high end market prices will remain too high.

I think you may wind up waiting a really long time for prices to drop. That's not a bad thing. You shouldn't buy anything you're uncomfortable with.

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Sensible to leave the Forum for Boytoy till first delivery. It must be worth more than love or money to have such a wonderful venue for free promotion. In any other medium you'd play thousands. It is a win-win situation for everyone.

flavortang
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by flavortang »

Well, I can't afford $7K for a high-end doll, nor can I afford 50% less than that. In fact, all I can afford is $100. I think a company should make a high-end sex doll for all the people who can only afford $100. Wait, I'll pick an even more arbitrary number. $157. I can afford $157. A doll should be made that costs $157 because that's all I can afford. You know, us 'average guys'.

Yes.... that was sarcasm.

lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lovingchanj »

As far as I can tell I was the first to call for a BoyToy forum. I did so in the original thread.

As far as THIS thread goes, I think it is TOTALLY bullshit. Here we have the greatest American doll manufacturer ever, going out on a limb to produce a whole new generation of VERY high-end love dolls and they only cost 15% more than the last generation.

Get a grip people. This guy is cutting edge. If you want a cheap doll talk to ITSME. He's the patron saint of the "average Joe's love doll".

As much as I hate the eyes on these things, there is absolutely no doubt that Matt deserves the benefit of the doubt here. The guy has delivered to the world a magnificent love doll that wasn't here a month ago.

I can't afford one either, but that doesn't make them overpriced.

lovingchanj
The more I understand, the less I know.

leaverus

Post by leaverus »

I'm surprised that Technoguy is even calling them over-priced since one can't really know how much they cost to make in the first place. Sure you can estimate based on what you think raw materials, labor, overhead, etc cost; but those are just estimates when all's said and done. TG, how do you know BoyToy dolls are not in fact UNDER-PRICED (especially since many consider them to be ART and good artistry has always fetched a premium)? Maybe Matt's giving you a helluva deal and you don't see it? I can't afford 'em either but if i had money to blow, i'd definitely buy one - they're just so darn CUTE.

INFORMATIONS