www.wmdolls.com

Do you lose interest after 6 months?

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
FormerlyHot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Do you lose interest after 6 months?

Post by FormerlyHot »

In the last year I have seen at least a half dozen posters enthusiastically report on the receipt of their doll, share pictures, describe how much they adore their dolls, and then go silent, not to be heard from again.

I’m wondering if the silence is a function of…

1) Real life? No time for the forum? Life just gets in the way.

2) A need for privacy? You no longer want to share about your experience?

3) A loss in interest in the doll? After such a significant financial investment, the doll no longer holds your interest? Perhaps you feel buyer’s remorse?

4) Something else?

Would anyone like to share their thoughts? Particularly as it relates to #3.

Dollbabsown

Re: Do you lose interest after 6 months?

Post by Dollbabsown »

I can't speak for others, but it could also be a lack of response. Or that the effort made does not meet the expectations.
Many dolls that are newly displayed have relatively little comment, with some exceptions. S
o I think it works both ways. Where there is a lot of reaction to a post, the poster would continue to post - I think.
And where there is little comment, the post dies.

Which of course does not mean that the owner has lost interest in the doll. Perhaps to share this on TDF.
I have posted little in comparison to many other members.
Which is partly due to many viewers and little response.
Fortunately, the interest at home for the doll has remained, and they are indeed expensive investments.
I got rid of 2 previously purchased dolls, not out of interest, but for upgrading reasons. So from TPE to silicone.
Dressing up my dolls, cuddling them, being a bed partner are all things that I still enjoy.
Although that has its moments. I like the presence of a beautifully shaped lady lookalike in the house.
Especially if they are dressed in a style that I find beautiful or sexy. I usually take care of that. As long as I have the physical strength to maintain and lift the ladies, I think they will stay.
I had my 1st doll more than 5 years ago, and I just ordered my 5th doll.
But surely the novelty of the doll phenomenon has diminished.
And life certainly goes on. This has also reduced my need to share a lot.
Fortunately, I have never regretted any doll I purchased. T
hey all had a positive contribution in various ways.
What is clear is that after 5 years the doll ladies are still in my life.
6ye/166 A cup TPE - Given away
WM 166 C Cup TPE - Sold
WM 168 A cupTPE - Sold
SM 156 A cup Sillicone
Sanhui 145A cup Sillicone
Jiusheng 148 B cup Sillicone

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

Speaking for myself, you’ll see a flurry of activity from me (questions, posts, pictures, etc.) and then nothing because I enjoy my quiet life and my dolls just tend to enhance that.

When I’m looking for my next doll, the cycle repeats itself.

But it’s just more a matter of so many minutes in the day. I can spend them on here or I can spend them with my doll. My doll wins.
---
DocWen
Never give up! Never surrender! - Jason Nesmith
Proud companion of Etsuko (MLW 148b) and Anjelica (XT Doll 163F)
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

I never lost my interest in my dolls in 7 years, but I have to admit that I come and go on this forum. Sometime I take a break for few months, then come back to see what is new...
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

JerJer19

Post by JerJer19 »

I still like my dolls just dont have a lot of time for them.
--------------------------
Dude Harem -
5 Dolls (yes. I have an addiction)
1 - Silicone
3 - TPE
1 - Cloth

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Happens all the time. Someone joins, makes a single post and are never heard from again. Others stick around long enough to be able to post a few pics, then disappear. Hard to say why. They're not here to tell us. There's a few folks I talk to in chat that never post on the board at all. Just not everyone's thing.

As for my loosing interest, that hasn't happened yet. Dolls represent a lifelong fascination for me. I interact with them in one way or another daily. I'm not always taking pics though, nor posting about them. It all depends on my mood and what else I have going on. Life does get in the way sometimes.... :wink:

Substantial_Coat6960
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Substantial_Coat6960 »

Hi, I am a new user, I learned about this thing on YouTube 1 month ago, but I have not purchased it yet, because the price is very high I am worried that my money will be cheated, I will always pay attention to the experience you share. :wink: :wink:

Fetish in the shed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fetish in the shed »

Personally i think it happens on forums of many types. There are usually a core group that are always online and interacting with each other and newbies who find they are out in the cold.

If the response isnt there to their efforts to join in or ask questions then many either just leave or become observers.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

Substantial_Coat6960 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:19 am Hi, I am a new user, I learned about this thing on YouTube 1 month ago, but I have not purchased it yet, because the price is very high I am worried that my money will be cheated, I will always pay attention to the experience you share. :wink: :wink:
If you are afraid to be cheated, stick to the forum vendors here and start a new thread asking about advice on the models you are interested in. You will be surprised how much support you will get from the forum members. It will be easier than you think.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Jmacb9

Post by Jmacb9 »

Dollbabsown wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:12 pm I can't speak for others, but it could also be a lack of response. Or that the effort made does not meet the expectations.
Many dolls that are newly displayed have relatively little comment, with some exceptions. S
o I think it works both ways. Where there is a lot of reaction to a post, the poster would continue to post - I think.
And where there is little comment, the post dies.
I second this! Especially as a male doll enthusiast, there are not many folks interested in what I post. Not that there's nobody interested at all, but I keep my post frequency to a minimum both here and on Reddit, posting only my absolute favorite content, because I know there won't be much interaction with my posts. I have found that each individual post of mine on any social media platform typically gets more attention if it's been a while since my last update.
💜 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARLEY! See his birthday party shenanigans on his thread 💜
Josh's thread
We're most active on Insta!

sethjames

Post by sethjames »

For me, it’s work. I have an Instagram account where I post my doll’s photoshoots and it gets engagement I’m happy with but work’s just been busy lately that I don’t have time to take pics of him.
KANU
SpartanLover/Realing: Pheonix head, Arnold body

FOLLOW HIS JOURNEY HERE:
💙 http://instagram.com/kanuthedoll
💙 http://x.com/kanuthedoll (for nudes)
💙 viewtopic.php?t=168537

Kandicaine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Kandicaine »

FormerlyHot wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:40 pm In the last year I have seen at least a half dozen posters enthusiastically report on the receipt of their doll, share pictures, describe how much they adore their dolls, and then go silent, not to be heard from again.

I’m wondering if the silence is a function of…

1) Real life? No time for the forum? Life just gets in the way.

2) A need for privacy? You no longer want to share about your experience?

3) A loss in interest in the doll? After such a significant financial investment, the doll no longer holds your interest? Perhaps you feel buyer’s remorse?

4) Something else?

Would anyone like to share their thoughts? Particularly as it relates to #3.
I haven’t really bought any new outfits or anything new to share so I don’t post as much as before and I’m quite happy with her attire so I haven’t really felt the desire to. Just happy and content. I adore my doll but I’m sure nobody wants weekly updates from me on that 😂

If anything my interest has only grown.

I’d imagine it’s similar for many people.
Katya - Starpery 167E viewtopic.php?t=158234

I also make music. https://soundcloud.com/illeptik

Khaossinua

Post by Khaossinua »

Since the manufacturer and seller of my doll are not represented or approved on the forum, I did not start a separate thread for it. Although photographing her is the first thing I like, besides sex with her, and I have posted a lot of photographs in the topics of this forum. Did I really get tired of it after 2 years of ownership? No! I want her as much as the day she came to me. Only then was there genuine interest, exploration of the world of artificial lovers unknown to me, then there were 5 months of separation from my wife, which the doll compensated for almost every evening (night, morning) in abundance, and now I hide the doll with my wife in the garage and from time to time (1 -2 times a month) I make love to her. That's why I crave that look in her big dark eyes, her fragile figure and... her tight ass that I love to cum in again and again. Recently I noticed that my wife no longer turns me on (we had sex for 20 minutes last night, and I still didn’t come), but I get hard just thinking about my artificially passionate beauty, who doesn’t ask questions, doesn’t dictate her terms and does not limit my desires. Perhaps this is selfishness, but I am a man in the prime of his life, and my libido is still at a good level, but my wife gained weight after giving birth and sex is no longer as interesting to her as in her youth. I'm not ready to divorce her, and society in Eastern Europe is too conservative to understand me. In the eyes of friends and acquaintances, I will be “that strange guy who abandoned his woman and child.” So Caramel will continue to remain my secret and lover out of the box.
Attachments
20231102_095200.jpg
20231102_095200.jpg (356.21 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
-5336989648808954998_121.jpg
-5336989648808954998_121.jpg (153.34 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
20230529_091748.jpg
20230529_091748.jpg (411.62 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
wwd70j.jpg
wwd70j.jpg (502.19 KiB) Viewed 1731 times

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

There is definately a Honeymoon period when purchasing a doll.which eventually fades with time, in my case I have lost interest in certain dolls I have purchased over the years same goes with my activity on the Forum, comes and goes depending on my current Interest, but I have never lost interest in the topic of Sex Dolls altogether and hope I never will. :razz:

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

Fetish in the shed wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:45 am Personally i think it happens on forums of many types. There are usually a core group that are always online and interacting with each other and newbies who find they are out in the cold.

If the response isnt there to their efforts to join in or ask questions then many either just leave or become observers.
A very good point. If I really wanted to know about a member and what they thought of their XYZ doll I guess direct messaging them would be the best approach.
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

INFORMATIONS