Starpery.com

Rosemary Doll Cleaning Tool

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
joey_sn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Rosemary Doll Cleaning Tool

Post by joey_sn »

Great review Weezer, thanks for doing this review, look forward to part 3. I am also very interested in your modifications you made to the unit.

I too discovered to my dismay the effect gravity has on the cleaning wand. :o

I brought one of these, upon first use, the fan quit working, discovered the brown wire attached to the fan motor had broken off. Contacted Rosemary Doll with pictures showing the failure and they promptly shipped me another unit. So I thought I would attempt to repair the first unit, I tried to pull the fan motor out of its housing, but it wouldn't bulge. Used a small hemostat to avoid damage to the fan but had no luck getting the motor separated from its housing. Wondering if you have any thoughts on attempting to separate the fan?
Attachments
broken fan wire.jpg
broken fan wire.jpg (66.37 KiB) Viewed 338 times

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Congratulations on getting the tool and special thumbs up to Rosemary doll for taking care of the situation.

Getting the motor out is a challenge, that is why I tried, stopped and did not do it for the review. :)

A few things I noted:
1) There is no strain relief on the power cord, so don't yank REALLY hard on that with the plastic back cover off. That cover helps hold the wire in place.
2) It appears that the unit is slipped in from the bottom and friction holds the cord tightly, with further protection provided by the back cover..
3) Plastic nibs in the housing hold the fan in the forward (deepest) position. Look by the brown wire in the second image above. That should be butted up against the top of the fan, the heating tower is above that.
4) The fan APPEARS to be held in by a VERY tight slip fit. That would make sense with nibs in the front and the safety cover in the back.

Now I did not do too deep a dive to prevent damage, but had I had one that I would risk, my initial steps would be to:

a) Take a very thin blade or probe to check the perimeter of the BACK of the fan. This would be get an estimate if the there was a possible sealant used or if there is a tight spot that holds it in place. Do the three clips that hold on the back safety cover also serve to lock the fan in place ?

b) Place a small brass punch against the edge of the fan (below the heating tower) and tap lightly with a jewelers hammer. Tap lightly and feel if there is even a very slight movement. If so then gentle taps on alternate sides might be able to wiggle it out. You would be just carefully overcoming a very tight friction fit.

If it helps, when I tear down a new object I start by thinking how it was made.

In this case, to keep a price point as many commercial off the shelf components as possible, such as the fan with only the housing being custom.

Also HOW it might be assembled. Here by manual labor using as few parts as possible to save time and cost. Thus no exotic set screws or the like. In this case assemble and bench test fan, wrap cord on side of fan and click into place. Boom, on to the next one.

I I can get some time away from my current demands, I might just risk mine and try to take it apart.

Until them, try gently with your and let us know your result. :).

Cheers!
...W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

joey_sn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by joey_sn »

Thanks Wheezer for the quick reply. All valid observations, as I too believe its a friction fit holding the fan motor in its housing.

I will try to tap the motor out with a punch this weekend, and perhaps applying some hot air from a heat gun to get the housing to expand. But since the housing is most likely heat resistant, it may not bulge.

I noticed there is not much strain relief on those wires so this may become an issue for these units in the future, maybe placing some silicone in the housing to hold the wire securely so its not twisting and placing strain on those solder joints.

Still curious on your modifications, as with my doll who is so tight with her no-gag vagina :whistle: , (it stretches wonderfully), I have to lightly lube her entrance to insert the fan duct, so a smaller duct would be beneficial for my doll.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

OK, I tried it for the first time today. I guess this is one of those machines where it doesn't matter if you read the manual, watch the videos, read carefully what you guys wrote here in these 5 pages--you are going to mess it up the first three times...

But I was prepared...

I had the doll sit on the table (OK, we just had sex in that position...), on a towel. I've put another towel on the floor, and a bucket above it.
I was ready. I filled water.
Wait, how many times did you say not to allow the head to be under the device? So, I made a mess in the bathroom... That's OK.

So, it took a few times to understand how this thing works. What I learned:

1. Don't let the nozzle get under the device when there is water inside.
2. Don't let the nozzle get under the device when there is water inside.
3. Don't let the nozzle get under the device when there is water inside.
4. Push the nozzle into the love hole such that it will seal it.
5. Spray water inside.
6. It is not pumping the water out. The water simply drips into the nozzle, which means that it has to be angled up. This will not work if she is lying in bed. Unless I'm missing something.
7. Wait long enough. Then you pull it out, and, surprise, no water is coming out anymore.
8. Use the fan.

After that, I inserted a finger (she gasped in surprise, thinking we were about to have sex again, and I had to explain to her that it was only to check if she was dry), and it was completely dry.

Overall, I like it!!!
Body: XTdoll 163F Silicone.
Emily (XTdoll XT-2 head): viewtopic.php?t=174486
Sophie (Zelex GE115 head): viewtopic.php?t=178207
Brandi (Zelex GE45-5 head): viewtopic.php?p=2511578

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

You naughty boy... Fingering her to "see if she was dry". :roll: That usually makes them wet... :razz: :whistle:

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:16 pm You naughty boy... Fingering her to "see if she was dry". :roll: That usually makes them wet... :razz: :whistle:
I guess that testing if she is dry with my tongue is out of the question too?... :haha4:

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

joey_sn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:48 am I noticed there is not much strain relief on those wires so this may become an issue for these units in the future, maybe placing some silicone in the housing to hold the wire securely so its not twisting and placing strain on those solder joints.

Still curious on your modifications, as with my doll who is so tight with her no-gag vagina :whistle: , (it stretches wonderfully), I have to lightly lube her entrance to insert the fan duct, so a smaller duct would be beneficial for my doll.
I have the images of the fixes done and the words in my head.
Just have been dealing with idiots since late Sunday and get home not in the best place to write up much. Grrrr.

At first I wondered about the strain relieve until I started to scientifically "yank" on it a bit (the wire, not my pud!)
The casing of the wire is jammed in VERY WELL against the motor and housing, resulting in an effective hold of the wire.
A "traditional" solution would be a firm, secure and separate strain relief attachment.
This Chinese design solution is a jam fit and is faster, cheaper and needs fewer parts.
For this application the chosen one works well.
Over engineering is fun, but sometimes not needed.

The heating unit really does not have much mass, so you could twirl it around like a lasso and probably be OK.
Not that I would suggest that or actually do it !!
And I definitely would not recommend using it to rope and take down your local miniature horse, dog, house cat or sex doll.
jeep2639 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:57 am OK, I tried it for the first time today. I guess this is one of those machines where it doesn't matter if you read the manual, watch the videos, read carefully what you guys wrote here in these 5 pages--you are going to mess it up the first three times...
Here are some basic tips to help:
1) Water flows down hill.
2) Position doll so item to be cleaned is UP, see note #1
3) Cleaning discharge from doll is by gravity, see item #1
4) If discharge tank is full, keep wand ABOVE discharge tank, see item #1
5) When cleaning the doll, place unit lower than area to be cleaned, see item #1
6) When in doubt, see item #1

But even with a wee bit of accidental discharge, it sounds like you cleaned her up well. :D

And once you use that drying tool, air pumps and rest just fade away. :angel:

Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

You still missed the final step of sticking your finger inside just to see that it’s dry, although we can argue whether I’m really doing it for her or for me. Plus, I found that there is a probability of starting the whole cycle again because of it, and then you have to clean again…

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

jeep2639 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:57 am So, it took a few times to understand how this thing works. What I learned:

Dang! I wish we would have told you... :haha4:
---
DocWen
Never give up! Never surrender! - Jason Nesmith
Proud companion of Etsuko (MLW 148b) and Anjelica (XT Doll 163F)
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

DocWen wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:08 am
jeep2639 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:57 am So, it took a few times to understand how this thing works. What I learned:

Dang! I wish we would have told you... :haha4:
You told me, and I read it in the user manual, and I saw it in the video. Doesn't matter. I had to first make the mistake myself so I will not do it again...
It's just like when my daughter locked her keys inside the car with the engine still running.
I was certain that this would NEVER happen to her again. She had to make that mistake herself.
Of course, a year later it happened again...

joey_sn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by joey_sn »

jeep2639 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:04 am You still missed the final step of sticking your finger inside just to see that it’s dry, although we can argue whether I’m really doing it for her or for me. Plus, I fo7nf that there is a probability of starting the whole cycle again because of it, and then you have to clean again…
So true, so now I use a drying stick! :razz:

Appears I'll have to contact Rosemary again as the replacement unit heat/fan does not warm the air at all, but it sure does moves the air.

Also, I noticed that Wheezer's (rotated his photo) and my two units are all wired differently, yes all three. Here's a composite photo of all three units, appears the cord is standard electrical 18 ga. cable.
Attachments
Rosemary Fan Unit Comparison.jpg
Rosemary Fan Unit Comparison.jpg (72.5 KiB) Viewed 203 times

Xfarer

Post by Xfarer »

I find 35 seconds of drying is absolutely hilariously insufficient for my Zelex SLE. Maybe I am doing something wrong or my unit is defective. The drying pump is very loud and doesn’t get much hotter than the ambient air. Should I try reaching out to rosemarydoll?

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

Xfarer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:30 am I find 35 seconds of drying is absolutely hilariously insufficient for my Zelex SLE. Maybe I am doing something wrong or my unit is defective. The drying pump is very loud and doesn’t get much hotter than the ambient air. Should I try reaching out to rosemarydoll?
I don’t feel that it heats too much either, but frankly, I would worry about heating too much. And Emily doesn’t complain when I dry her up… I always check with a finger to see if it’s dry enough to decide when to stop. Emily gasps when I check… and sometimes, it causes the cycle to start all over again, and then I need to clean her up again. But seriously, I got used to using the device, and I like it. While I have a bucket underneath when I clean, the last time I cleaned it didn’t spill even a single drop…

joey_sn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by joey_sn »

My second unit doesn't heat much either, the fan runs at such a high speed that any heat it creates is quickly dissipated. Wheezer measured 105 degrees Fahrenheit at the nozzle so there is some heat creation, mostly its the air flow which dries our dolls. I run mine for 5-10 minutes and even then I still insert a drying rod to get the last of the moisture absorbed. I do like the unit and hope Wheezer will post his modifications someday.

As to my first faulty unit, I did tap the motor out of its shroud without damaging it using a small punch. I soldered the brown and green/yellow wires back on, the motor would barely run and heated up to the point it was smoking. I redid the wires polarity matching my second unit with the same result. I even tried Wheezers fan wires configuration, plus two more configurations covering every possible config. Its a definitely a bad motor, now my search is on to source an OEM replacement fan motor.

Martinson Joe

Post by Martinson Joe »

Wheezer wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:10 am Just have been dealing with idiots since late Sunday and get home not in the best place to write up much. Grrrr.

[...]

Cheers!
...W...
I wish you well, Wheezer, has been a lot of time dealing with idiots... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a bad joke :wink:, for reminding us about this subject I'm very interested in. Thanks for the detailed review! :thumbs_up:
I'm a boring middle aged lonely man, maybe even an old perv, so what?

🤘🏻 For those about to dolls, we salute you! 🤘🏻

INFORMATIONS