sexyrealsexdolls.com

Xylene what I need for surgery?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
MourningWood

Xylene what I need for surgery?

Post by MourningWood »

Slicing open various spots on my doll to tighten and repair. After searching on this forum I read Xylene is a good solvent to seal up the incisions. I don’t want to order TPE glue online and saw my hardware store sells Xylene. Will this be sufficient enough or do I need something else?

Also someone posted “if you are brave enough use xylene”, what did they mean by that?

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_5552.jpeg
IMG_5552.jpeg (202.98 KiB) Viewed 275 times

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Xylene what I need for surgery?

Post by RevJack »

Xylene is like a chain saw to TPE. I can drip it in one spot and dissolve a hole.
Go to Amazon and get a can of the 3M Tape Primer.
Screenshot_20230420_150440_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20230420_150440_Amazon Shopping.jpg (697.46 KiB) Viewed 268 times
Don't get anything else, no bullshit "TPE Glue" no little bottles of what someone PROMISES is 3M Tape Primer, nothing made by a Chinese company the looks like 3M, kinda.

The 3M Primer you can apply directly to TPE without endangering it. Remember, these are SOLVENTS, there is no such thing as a TPE "glue". Only solvents.
So it dissolves what it touches before it dries, so coat each surface with a thin coat, and press the two together. They have to remain gently pressed together untill the solvent gasses off (dries).

AND, you need to practice on some spare tpe before you do it for real. Research the maintenance forum for 3M repairs, very very few of us use Xylene, and not straight onto TPE.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

MourningWood wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:45 pm Slicing open various spots on my doll to tighten and repair. After searching on this forum I read Xylene is a good solvent to seal up the incisions. I don’t want to order TPE glue online and saw my hardware store sells Xylene. Will this be sufficient enough or do I need something else?

Also someone posted “if you are brave enough use xylene”, what did they mean by that?

Thanks
A safer alternative than pure xylene is 3M 94 primer. See the info HERE (viewtopic.php?t=131728)
Many folks have been using it and getting good results.
Pure xylene is a hotter than 3M 94 and if you are not careful can get out of hand quickly. Just use care.

With any chemical bond on a TPE doll, the final bond quality really gets down to surface prep.
Also chemical bonding works best with a tight and well fitting wound.
So use care and don't hack away when you are opening her up for repair work.

Another method of wound sealing is to use heat.
Good tools are temperature controlled soldering irons, certain small craft irons and similar tools.
They all melt the TPE together for a good final result.

With either method, practice a bit first, be careful and go slow.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Khaossinua

Post by Khaossinua »

Xylene is a bad idea. It is too dangerous for TPE and its chemical odor lasts too long. I tried to fix the doll with xylene, but she ended up almost losing left arm. The smell lasted for a whole month, although I keep the doll in the attic of the garage.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Khaos: Saddened to learn of your experience but added it to my resource as a permanent reminder to avoid Xylene unless you've gained an extensive knowledge and skill in using this stuff :)

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

Xylene is what you need for destruction. Just don't. Get 3M 94.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

It's a bit tricky to use xylene. Pure xylene doesn't necessarily bond TPE surfaces very well and very thin TPE "filler" mix would work better. But the thicker the mix the worse it bonds. When I used xylene for repairs I used to treat surfaces to be bonded with pure xylene and then added a bit of very thick TPE paste made of spare TPE and xylene. But mileage may vary and final result propably isn't as strong as original if subjected to a lot of streching. Also xylene has very slow evaporation rate. For example water has evaporation rate of 0.36 and xylene 0.6. Acetone has 11.6 so xylene barely evaporates twice as fast as water and smell takes a while to go away. 3M primer is pretty expensive but I read it works a lot better and faster, haven't tried it myself.

INFORMATIONS