Starpery.com

Tpe doll split at waist

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
masquerade75
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tpe doll split at waist

Post by masquerade75 »

I found my Wm torso with arms split at the waist.
Been storing it hunged at a corner of closet.
Split is rather clean, almost like a clean tear.
Not sure how to start glueing..

MinniMagg

Re: Tpe doll split at waist

Post by MinniMagg »

Make a few more posts, such as replying to other posts. You can make them simple replies.

Once you get 5 posts please make a post and upload a picture of the damage so that we can help you more

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

If I imagine that thing in my mind, I could assume that the torso does not have a support frame or the support frame has not been able to maintain the weight of the material and at some point it just gave way. Repairing can be almost impossible at home, gluing usually doesn't hold up to anything.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The skin repair tips were kinda scary

Skin damage repair (advanced)

If your doll was injured in a fall or other similar accident and its skin is partially damaged. Abrasions on the skin are difficult to repair with anything other than a specially made hot iron, which is used by factories (Arthur has been doing heat repairs for years and has extended into 3M 94 Primer for very fine work). This information is just a side note, I don’t recommend trying it unless you know what you’re doing. Small skin tears are difficult to repair yourself, but larger holes can be repaired yourself. Xylene is able to melt the TPE material in a few hours and this property can be used to advantage by forming a small amount of TPE paste (no details) in a closed container. The paste is ready in about three days and can be used to fill in damage to the skin. Work in a space with good ventilation. The hole to be filled must first be prepared by moistening it with Xylene for an hour, after which the hole can be filled with TPE paste (no details). The doll’s repair is complete when the xylene has completely evaporated from the repair point, and it takes several days. If your doll was sold as Silicone, it might not be possible (not helpful) to make paste from that material, but if you have a material to try, proceed accordingly. The manufacturer’s instructions regarding the matter can also be useful.

Xylene has been used by several remarkable pioneers but there are safety concerns not addressed by these tips nor the application techniques

This forum has heaps of tips for Silicone repairs

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

seagull wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:15 pm The skin repair tips were kinda scary

Skin damage repair (advanced)

If your doll was injured in a fall or other similar accident and its skin is partially damaged. Abrasions on the skin are difficult to repair with anything other than a specially made hot iron, which is used by factories (Arthur has been doing heat repairs for years and has extended into 3M 94 Primer for very fine work). This information is just a side note, I don’t recommend trying it unless you know what you’re doing. Small skin tears are difficult to repair yourself, but larger holes can be repaired yourself. Xylene is able to melt the TPE material in a few hours and this property can be used to advantage by forming a small amount of TPE paste (no details) in a closed container. The paste is ready in about three days and can be used to fill in damage to the skin. Work in a space with good ventilation. The hole to be filled must first be prepared by moistening it with Xylene for an hour, after which the hole can be filled with TPE paste (no details). The doll’s repair is complete when the xylene has completely evaporated from the repair point, and it takes several days. If your doll was sold as Silicone, it might not be possible (not helpful) to make paste from that material, but if you have a material to try, proceed accordingly. The manufacturer’s instructions regarding the matter can also be useful.

Xylene has been used by several remarkable pioneers but there are safety concerns not addressed by these tips nor the application techniques

This forum has heaps of tips for Silicone repairs
Very true. The instruction only exists for that, when there is no other effective way to offer those whose doll has broken, for example, when the skeleton penetrates through the surface. Gluing doesn't really work, and heating often doesn't do any good either. Only small holes can be repaired with this paste. It is not suitable for any massive work. Regarding silicone, of course I could put a link here on the forum.

A small addition to that TPE paste details. In other words, you can make the paste by putting a slightly larger amount of material into the jar than the hole to be patched, and adding Xylene a teaspoon at a time as the material melts. The paste must be a stiff but smooth paste before it can be used. The material should be the same as the doll, i.e. ask the seller for patching material 50-100g.

I have updated that instruction with relevant warnings and added more detailed steps for making the actual TPE paste.

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Cameramike »

Pictures of the damage area helps…

masquerade75
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by masquerade75 »

20231210_005312.jpg
20231210_005312.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 640 times
20231210_004132.jpg
20231210_004132.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 640 times
20231210_003940.jpg
20231210_003940.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 640 times
20231210_004000.jpg
20231210_004000.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 640 times
20231210_004120.jpg
20231210_004120.jpg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 640 times
20231210_004953.jpg
20231210_004953.jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 640 times
20231210_005248.jpg
20231210_005248.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 640 times
Don't think I'll attempt to fix this.. seems like a ton of melting and reworking get it secured.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Aw Hell, I'd fix it!
It's a gravity tear. You really shouldn't have had this hanging up, the TPE just stretched and stretched untill it snapped like a rubber band.
You get one good shot, but I think you can do it. You need a peanut butter sized jar full of peanut butter consistency TPE paste made with Xylene (yep, Xylene, not 3M paste, IMHO). Spread the whole jar evenly onto EACH side of the tear, getting into all the nooks and crannies. Then put the two halves back together and stand her up in the corner so the top keeps pressure on the wound and keeps it pressed together. Leave her alone for a week while the Xylene gasses off.

I would definately try this fix. Oh, and don't hang her, or any torso up again.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

I found my Wm torso with arms split at the waist.

That was not the kinda split I was visualizing 8O

The Rev is on the money with the "You need a peanut butter sized jar full of peanut butter consistency TPE paste made with Xylene" suggestion
Do take care when using Xylene, it can mess with sensitive respiratory systems (asthmatics, etc.)

Bennybr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Bennybr »

That looks very bad. Is it possible that the cold weather is causing the dryness and cracking?
Freya is the best :)
2ND Doll: BestRealDoll 163cm Nicola

masquerade75
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by masquerade75 »

It is a gravity tear, probably weakened / softened at the waist point as I do use the baby oil method for inserting the insert.

It's humid and never cold where I'm at, the lookalike white cracking is just dried tpe glue. My meek attempt to fix it. Haha

Erm yeah I'd probably sell it with the 2 heads it came with. Thanks guys.

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

One of my dolls has had a similar job, but then it was about the support backbone failing (stuck joint) and I had to open the doll myself. I fixed that spot using a hot iron (foam cutter tools). I don't think TPE paste can fix that. It does not work to repair the inside of the doll where the chemicals cannot evaporate.

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

Personally, id go with what RJ is saying. What you got to lose?
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

Bunnyboybob wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:47 am Personally, id go with what RJ is saying. What you got to lose?
Xylene or the paste made with it (by using) does no harm to the doll, but it just stinks for a very long time.. possibly many weeks, and still doesn't keep the joint.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

nox2doll wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:02 pm
Bunnyboybob wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:47 am Personally, id go with what RJ is saying. What you got to lose?
Xylene or the paste made with it (by using) does no harm to the doll, but it just stinks for a very long time.. possibly many weeks, and still doesn't keep the joint.
Xylene is a super strong solvent and in it's pure form eats TPE like comic-book acid. Yeah, it's REAL harmful to TPE. That is why we mix it into a thick paste, to mellow it down. Now I've never pasted Whole Doll together with paste, but I have done a big fat thigh. Yes, it took a week for the Xylene to gas off and weld the thigh together, and yes, even longer for the Xylene smell to dissipate.
And in the end I did have to go back into a couple of areas on the thigh that didn't completely weld the first time. But all in all the thigh is still held together.

Can it be better fixed by melting? Probably.
But you have to have the right tool sets, and experience, and patience, and luck.
But if you don't have those, melting is so much easier to fuck up in a manner that is harder to re-repair.
If the Xylene Paste doesn't hold, you are still in a good place to try a hot knife.
If I fuck up melting her together she is usually destined to the zombie bin. YMMV.

But like BunnyBoybob said, what have you got to lose? You have to try, FOR SCIENCE!

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

INFORMATIONS