www.irontechdoll.com

Implanted hair woes

Irontech Doll brand, is owned and operated by Shenzhen Iron Technology Co.,Ltd. Various new designs and updates on craftsmanship arise here all the time. We keep improving on the design, doll craftsmanship and other details. We know that only great work can meet the customers' demand for beauty.
ArcanePath
Active Poster
Active Poster

Implanted hair woes

Post by ArcanePath »

Jesus Christ.
Only had my IT doll a month and the implanted hair is completely f*ct.
Forget about combing it. It only has to look at a comb or brush and huge clumps just fall out. It's an absolute nightmare and I regret buying it now since I'm at the point where it looks so awful I want to rip the rest out and just get a human hair wig. The hair is so low quality nothing works. No matter how gentle you are, just running your fingers through it is impossible, it is like a spider's nest of matted horror. It is hydrophobic, no amount of hot water, fabric conditioner, baby oil and whatever else I've tried touches it. Everything just seems to make it worse. It's as if the hair itself is made of velcro and hot glue.
I wish I had got the straight hair now. I pushed them to implant the wavy hair that was in the photos, which was a custom option not usually available. I believe they just got a low quality wig and did what I asked, I don't know if the regular hair they supply would be better, but they said it couldn't be styled and I really wanted it wavy.
Oh and did I mention, the hair ends up EVERYWHERE. I find it in all manner of places round the house. It's worse than owning a cat or dog.
Oh well. £165 down the toilet.
Right now I've put in a ponytail but it looks bad. It no longer looks full, it now looks like she has alopecia. After just a month of hardly even touching her. There is more hair round my house than there is left in her head. They seriously need to figure out how to keep it implanted. Maybe it should be glued in, because even static seems to pull it out as it is so flimsy.
Anyway, rant over. Just wanted to warn others about this. Maybe I'm just unlucky in hair selection but it's not good to pay all this money for just a handful of good photos from the honeymoon.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Implanted hair woes

Post by Socratus »

ArcanePath wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:30 am Jesus Christ.
Only had my IT doll a month and the implanted hair is completely f*ct.
Forget about combing it. It only has to look at a comb or brush and huge clumps just fall out. It's an absolute nightmare and I regret buying it now since I'm at the point where it looks so awful I want to rip the rest out and just get a human hair wig. The hair is so low quality nothing works. No matter how gentle you are, just running your fingers through it is impossible, it is like a spider's nest of matted horror. It is hydrophobic, no amount of hot water, fabric conditioner, baby oil and whatever else I've tried touches it. Everything just seems to make it worse. It's as if the hair itself is made of velcro and hot glue.
I wish I had got the straight hair now. I pushed them to implant the wavy hair that was in the photos, which was a custom option not usually available. I believe they just got a low quality wig and did what I asked, I don't know if the regular hair they supply would be better, but they said it couldn't be styled and I really wanted it wavy.
Oh and did I mention, the hair ends up EVERYWHERE. I find it in all manner of places round the house. It's worse than owning a cat or dog.
Oh well. £165 down the toilet.
Right now I've put in a ponytail but it looks bad. It no longer looks full, it now looks like she has alopecia. After just a month of hardly even touching her. There is more hair round my house than there is left in her head. They seriously need to figure out how to keep it implanted. Maybe it should be glued in, because even static seems to pull it out as it is so flimsy.
Anyway, rant over. Just wanted to warn others about this. Maybe I'm just unlucky in hair selection but it's not good to pay all this money for just a handful of good photos from the honeymoon.
Hmmm. I've always been a bit wary of implanted hair since it's a bit `final`, but I would've thought the quality would have been the highest because of that.
Thanks for your report cos at least others are warned.

To be constructive, I suppose you could trim her hair right down and just use wigs from now on.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

Sorry to hear you had issues with the implanted hair. Was always afraid of that myself and for just the reasons you mentioned. Yank the rest of it out or shave her head and go with a wig.

But just so you know, NOTHING is worse than cat and dog hair.

Obi2Kanobi

Post by Obi2Kanobi »

That's really a bummer. Upload a photo, im curious to see it. In my two experiences with implanted hair (both from StarPery) it's been a great success. The synthetic hair, from my understanding, is prone to knot up much more than human hair however.

ArcanePath
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ArcanePath »

Obi2Kanobi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:23 am That's really a bummer. Upload a photo, im curious to see it. In my two experiences with implanted hair (both from StarPery) it's been a great success. The synthetic hair, from my understanding, is prone to knot up much more than human hair however.
I'd rather not take pics as I can barely bring myself to look at it right now. It knots up just looking at it. I have even tried pull aside one small (and I do mean small) section at a time, and holding it tight and combing or gently pulling apart the tangles, but the more I touch it, the worse it gets. I swear the hair is made to stick to itself and everything it contacts. I even tried silicone spray. I've never known such a stubborn material that refuses to work with anything

Karlos
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Karlos »

Seems to me that this is the fate of every implanted head sooner or later. No matter how well anchored, you're going to get shedding to a greater or lesser degree, which eventually leads to thinning. With this in mind, wigs just make more sense imo. Easy to swap out when they get too thin.

goofy_dr_love
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by goofy_dr_love »

If head is hard silicone you will not have any problems . Soft silicone head yes the hair will come out. Is best for soft silicone head to get wig or when implanted looks so bad just pull out the rest and use a wig.
Review - LoveNestle Vanesssa torso viewtopic.php?t=170013
starpery 148 F Wayne - silicone - review viewtopic.php?t=173241
Dolls i own:
CST doll 150 F Cherry - silicone
Happy doll 168cm E Elf - fabric
Tayu 151 E+ Peach - silicone - review viewtopic.php?t=173737
Wish list:
Elsa babe 148cm L DHR009 silicone
SE doll 155 F 068SO-2 Silicone
Tayu 161cm F Katniss silicone

Nirodha
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nirodha »

Personally, I would never trust myself to properly care for implanted hair, which is why I've only used wigs so far and when they're worn out, I just throw them away. The best solution that looks almost as good as implanted hair is a lace front wig. This is cut according to the shape of the head for the front and sides and at first glance it cannot be distinguished from implanted hair.
Here is an example photo of a realaitv cheap lace front wig ($50):
1.jpg
1.jpg (6.16 MiB) Viewed 760 times

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Nirodha wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:31 pm Personally, I would never trust myself to properly care for implanted hair, which is why I've only used wigs so far and when they're worn out, I just throw them away. The best solution that looks almost as good as implanted hair is a lace front wig. This is cut according to the shape of the head for the front and sides and at first glance it cannot be distinguished from implanted hair.

1.jpg
Very good, but I'm not ashamed to say I don't know what a lace front wig means. I'm still learning all this girly maintenance stuff. How do i know when I have a lace front wig? Probably a stupid question.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Nirodha
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nirodha »

Socratus wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:02 pm
Nirodha wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:31 pm Personally, I would never trust myself to properly care for implanted hair, which is why I've only used wigs so far and when they're worn out, I just throw them away. The best solution that looks almost as good as implanted hair is a lace front wig. This is cut according to the shape of the head for the front and sides and at first glance it cannot be distinguished from implanted hair.

1.jpg
Very good, but I'm not ashamed to say I don't know what a lace front wig means. I'm still learning all this girly maintenance stuff. How do i know when I have a lace front wig? Probably a stupid question.
When you are looking for wigs online if it's a lace front wig you will see it in the title.
In the pictures you see a kind of net like a veil. Here's an example, apart from the fact that the wig is set too high,
you can see the part of the net that you have to cut yourself:
21.jpg
21.jpg (175.35 KiB) Viewed 733 times

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Nirodha wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:21 pm
Socratus wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:02 pm

1.jpg
When you are looking for wigs online if it's a lace front wig you will see it in the title.
In the pictures you see a kind of net like a veil. Here's an example, apart from the fact that the wig is set too high,
you can see the part of the net that you have to cut yourself:

21.jpg
I think I see what you mean.... I'll keep an eye out for it on the net. Sounds like what I should be using. Thankyou for your explanation.

DA72394855
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DA72394855 »

Aaah I am sorry to hear that..

bulldick

Post by bulldick »

agree with you, the implanted hairs of mine also fall a lot. Whenever I comb her hair, it keeps falling even though she has a straight hair implant.
Irontech Doll head: S01, S06, S10, S20; BODY: 161cm, 168cm

Frozen+
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Frozen+ »

Implanted Hair- To be fair, the factory rep (and TDF feedback) warned me that implanted hair was problematic, subject to shedding due to the inability of the TPE or Silicone to retain it( I have hard sili and TPE heads-both shed like crazy). I made the decision to go with it as I had given up on my ability to make a wig stay in place during ‘romps’. I ordered both a TPE and Silicone head with implanted hair. If I wanted a doll for photographing/ modeling maybe it would be OK, it looks realistic and nice if you don’t touch it. I am over the concept of implanted hair for several reasons-
1) My dolls are to be loved up and I couldn’t stand the constant shedding.
2) Manufacturers seem to harden the area materials, TPE or Silicone, to help retain the hair.
3) I have learned tricks to keep wigs in place during ‘romps’.
4) I love being able to completely change a dolls appearance by changing the wig- it really is amazing the transformation to the dolls appearance by changing the wig and makeup. In the future manufacturers will solve this issue, probably not in my lifetime.
I have actually removed the implanted hair, and am much happier with my doll having done so.

Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Justinpassinthru »

I think it depends on the brand, and I don't have a good impression of IT when it comes to implanted hair. I have had my doll from another brand for over half a year and she's retained her hair just fine even with a movable jaw.

INFORMATIONS