Starpery.com

Mismatching skin and head photos request

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
bnf

Mismatching skin and head photos request

Post by bnf »

Would someone please post labelled photos of Starpery silicone bodies and silicone heads that are not matching skin color please?

I would like to see if it is disturbing the reality. I currently have 4 wheat hard silicone heads and two wheat silicone bodies.

For me next order I want light tan. It will come with at least two matching heads. If the "mismatchedness" is too strong I will got for wheat again but hope I don't need to.

Thank you

Olivia F1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Mismatching skin and head photos request

Post by Olivia F1 »

Maybe I have had bad luck, but I have had two instances of color matching problems. Its unfortunate, because when the head and body don't match, it will always bother you and look off-putting.

Note: Color matching is not a specific issue related to just Starpery. Manufactures change or alter colors, and sometimes older models will not be compatible with newer ones.

My first doll from Starpery, purchased maybe 3 years ago, a 169cm with hard silicone head, and in "light tan" skin tone, otherwise visually a pink-ish skin tone. Had head / body color matching problems. The body was actually white, and painted to make look light tan (pink-ish). When the body makeup/pinkish paint washed off, the head and body no longer matched.

Regarding body painting dolls to change the overall color, I have stated many times, this was an issue that has been fixed and is no longer an issue.

*Note: In my opinion hard heads are not as desirable as soft heads. With a soft head you could, at least, change the color tone by applying the right makeup to come closer to matching a body. But with a hard head, makeup will not apply onto the surface.
See below:
haircut02.JPG
haircut02.JPG (145.7 KiB) Viewed 805 times
169cm tpe w/hard head
IMG_1004.JPG
IMG_1004.JPG (2.8 MiB) Viewed 805 times
another photo 169cm w/hard head

Then again, just recently, a soft head in wheat tone does not match two year old 171c doll body in wheat. See below:
IMG_1953.JPG
IMG_1953.JPG (4.13 MiB) Viewed 805 times
IMG_1944.JPG
IMG_1944.JPG (4.14 MiB) Viewed 805 times
Above, Both of these heads are supposedly "Wheat" tone

* I am told by Starpery they changed/altered the color Wheat (which is obviously problematic)
Now I actually like/prefer the new Wheat tone MORE then then the older "classic" tone. But the small number of us that order a new head for our older model dolls will not find a good match.

Work-around Solution: If you have a SOFT Silicone head and have color matching problems you may try using powdered makeup to change the head color to match the body. I have recently ordered this makeup for my new head. I will let you see the results later.
COVERGIRL-Clean-Invisible-Pressed-Powder-150-Creamy-Beige.jpg
COVERGIRL-Clean-Invisible-Pressed-Powder-150-Creamy-Beige.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Older Wheat Dolls will not match their new heads in the same color.

Now I know for certain, Starpery can, as does, manufacture very nice dolls. My 171c (for example) is a very well built doll; she is a real work-horse and is moved and played around with frequently and has held-up very well, and looks almost new still.

The weight reduction in Starpery dolls is one of their strong selling points and should be considered, especially with taller heavier dolls. They are a good brand, but sometimes release things before they are completely ready - But this is true with many things - sometimes new innovations need to have the bugs worked out.

bnf

Post by bnf »

Thank you for the helpful explanation and photos. 👍💪

I now see that the heads must match the body color. I wanted it not to matter, but I see it does.

Changing heads creates psychological changes in how I interact.

Decision is: order my new 174G (or 176F) in light tan with two heads or order wheat for maximum flexibility.

Olivia F1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Olivia F1 »

bnf wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:26 pm Thank you for the helpful explanation and photos. 👍💪

I now see that the heads must match the body color. I wanted it not to matter, but I see it does.

Changing heads creates psychological changes in how I interact.

Decision is: order my new 174G (or 176F) in light tan with two heads or order wheat for maximum flexibility.
I just updated my previous post to include an option for those that might have this same issue.
nobody wants to try to color their entire doll body to match a head - but coloring a head to match a body might be practical.

I just ordered my best guess in color makeup to alter the color of my new head to better match her body. It would be a cheep fix, and I already am use to powdering my dolls with corn starch to keep them smooth and silky. Its only a $5 investment and may take a few different colors to find the best one. Sometimes we need to improvise!
COVERGIRL-Clean-Invisible-Pressed-Powder-150-Creamy-Beige.jpg
COVERGIRL-Clean-Invisible-Pressed-Powder-150-Creamy-Beige.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 772 times

bnf

Post by bnf »

Thank you.

New doll ordered this morning. I went with wheat as my other two.

Your information helped me to decide.

I chose to continue with hard silicone heads.

INFORMATIONS