Starpery.com

mechanical doll eyes idea:

Got an idea? Need an invention?
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

mechanical doll eyes idea:

Post by timetraveler1 »

i was just thinking it would be cool for someone to create mechanical eyes. and by that i mean the whole eyeball and socket with eyelid. what it would do is have a rechargeable c connection to usb charger . each eye separate . to get really fancy a remote control with settings for blinking speed random looking around etc. battery depending on usage might last 30 days or more before recharging.

anyway just an idea . this would give dolls more realism.

Teppo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: mechanical doll eyes idea:

Post by Teppo »

Agree, a big part of connection is eye contact.

LOD
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LOD »

Yes, agreed but even the ability to close lids manually would be a start. Just silicone 'curtains' with eyelashes attached maybe? I know nothing about the complexities, but I know how much of a difference being able to adjust eyelids from fully open to fully closed would make to the illusion of a living partner. Mechanical doll eyes even more so obviously but personally I would settle for being able to set awake/sleepy/asleep

MourningWood

Post by MourningWood »

I’m working on LCD screen style eyes, it tracks the user via thermal camera. I’ve got a working prototype, just been trying to find a cheap head I can chop up a bit inside the eye sockets. Pretty simple to use, can design any eye colour/shape. Uses a convex magnifying glass to give it a round shape.

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

timetraveler1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:24 am i was just thinking it would be cool for someone to create mechanical eyes. and by that i mean the whole eyeball and socket with eyelid. what it would do is have a rechargeable c connection to usb charger . each eye separate . to get really fancy a remote control with settings for blinking speed random looking around etc. battery depending on usage might last 30 days or more before recharging.

anyway just an idea . this would give dolls more realism.
Like this? Evelyn's AI Tech Robotic Head's blinking and looking, although random I'm sure, are eerily purposeful and appropriate... :lol:
Evie beach smile.gif
Evie beach smile.gif (3.29 MiB) Viewed 709 times
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

INFORMATIONS