Starpery.com

Options to drain all water from a TPE Head

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
PartThree
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Options to drain all water from a TPE Head

Post by PartThree »

I recently purchased an SE silicone doll which I really like. Because I've seen such varied response about the oral cavity being useful in silicone heads, even with ROS, I purchased the same head equivalent from SE in the TPE version. Yeah you get the face bulges but it works.

Mindful of cleaning factory residue as always, I cleaned the head. I first used a soft cloth to clean the exterior with soap and then a clean rag, then a soapy sponge on a stick to clean out the mouth (I use these). When I used the usual supplied irrigator (that bulb with a rinsing nozzle you always get), I was surprised to see water dripping out the metal neck connector hole. I ordered an overnight borescope with camera and hard drive. A hole is present. I've tried blowing air up there with an aquarium pump overnight but the rinse water is really getting hard to flush out. And it's still soapy telling me it's up in the head cavity.

Are there any options for repair (drilling a large hole for draining somewhere the wig will cover, blowing high pressure air, etc)? I'm going to let SE know and see if there are options here? Even if it's dried out and never used except for show, I'd like to salvage this if SE doesn't send a fresh head. I don't expect that but you never know...
Attachments
#68TPE.JPG
#68TPE.JPG (47.5 KiB) Viewed 203 times
SE Doll 163C
SE Doll 167E (coming soon)
#3 later this year

PartThree
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Options to drain all water from a TPE Head

Post by PartThree »

Rosemary Doll is telling me this hole is now in place to relieve pressure during the "deed", and water is expected to flow in and drain out the neck connector. Has anyone else heard this? I mean, there is no TPE material against this metal barrier with the hole at all.
SE Doll 163C
#3 later this year

PartThree
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PartThree »

Ok, I got clarification and was sent a video for managing water getting into the skull cavity. I've tried it and it works quite well, actually.

Simply drill a half in hole through the resin neck base. This allows your to shake the water out, then use an air pump to circulate air to dry it out thoroughly. I dry the mouth cavity with a microfiber towel stick or two as well. Everything is ready for the next session.
SE Doll 163C
#3 later this year

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

PartThree wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:27 am Rosemary Doll is telling me this hole is now in place to relieve pressure during the "deed", and water is expected to flow in and drain out the neck connector. Has anyone else heard this? I mean, there is no TPE material against this metal barrier with the hole at all.
I have never heard of such a thing from any vendor or manufacturer.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, will be selling

MinniMagg

Post by MinniMagg »

I hate to say it but I'm glad someone else experienced the same thing that I did! That is having water inside the skull after trying to clean the oral cavity.

Just like describe by the OP, as I tried to dry the head with and aquarium pump, my headstand and countertop was covered with water that was dripping out of the neck connection.

I thought that I had done something wrong yes I could hear it sloshing as I shook the head. There must have been about a quart of water inside the head. And it was still draining after 6 hours. I had put a bath towel under it and it was soaked with water. And yet still dripping.

I drilled a In the face of the skull Next to the Adapter bolt Comma and then another one near the chin, in an attempt to find the low spot. I continued to blow air into the mouth cavity, but it didn't seem like the inside of the head was drying.

I've finally got desperate and drilled larger holes Comma large enough to insert a small rubber tube, and then started to blow air directly into the skull.

I could feel the air coming out of the mouth, and upon inspection I found that hole in the back of the oral cavity

With us always worrying about mold growing inside our dolls and I could not believe that that hole was intentionally placed in the back of the oral cavity!!!

Sure, it relieves pressure, but it also lets water inside the skull.

And while some of it may drip out around the threads of the head adapter, the open hole in the back of the throat will allow moisture to get back into the mouth cavity while the whole thing is trying to dry. Even with an air pump it took me about 6 hours to get the inside of the head cavity dry.

This is a horrible feature I can't believe that they designed it that way!

Personally, I'm going to seal that hole with some tpe paste that I will make from Surplus TPE material and xylene.

PartThree
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PartThree »

The two larger holes I drilled at the base of the neck alongside the metal connector cavity allow me to put 4 air tubes in there from my aquarium pump. It dries quickly, but I leave them in about 6 hours each time regardless. That means you can have your way, clean out the oral cavity really well, rinse it with a special wand attached to the shower hose (I put a reducer on their to regulate the pressure of the water stream, then rinse out the skull using the half in holes. Three minutes work. Then shake the hell out of it, put it right side up on a shower seat with the u shaped cutout and insert the aquarium tubes and let her rip. I COULD go through the trouble of attempting a TPE paste seal, but I'm not sure how it's going to hold up against the metal. For me the process above is minimal work for me. @MinniMag, what brand head has the same hole drilled back there?
SE Doll 163C
#3 later this year

INFORMATIONS