Starpery.com

Wig maintenance and smell enhancement

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
iwannadoll

Wig maintenance and smell enhancement

Post by iwannadoll »

There was a thread earlier about using fabric softener on the wigs to make them smell better. Well, I tried that and it wasn't effective.

I also experiemented with using regular shampoo / conditioner - Pantene Pro V and I did get nice smoothness and ease of combing, it still stinks.

What is your experience with making a wig 1) easy to comb/brush and 2) smells so great you can't take your nose off her head!

Tell me your recipe...include dosing sizing, etc. Cuz I think I put too much product into the mix.

Campdaan
Ex-Member

Post by Campdaan »

http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... ile=search

Keyword>Wigs>Author * (wildcard)>enter

Keyword>Shampoo>Author*>enter

ziggy88
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ziggy88 »

I'm absolutly addicted to the smell of the Ultra Downy and it lasts a long time. As for brushing out synthetic hair, that's difficult since it's not lubricated with natural oils like real hair.

Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 5000 »

smells so great you can't take your nose off her head!
wash in shampo & then spray perfume on the wig. I like the perfume smell but don't spray directly on the doll skin. Just a squirt or two on the wig & doll clothes.

I really don't like the doll hair to smell like a bath towel. Now, clothes smelling downy fresh is okay.

iwannadoll

Post by iwannadoll »

ziggy88 wrote:I'm absolutly addicted to the smell of the Ultra Downy and it lasts a long time. As for brushing out synthetic hair, that's difficult since it's not lubricated with natural oils like real hair.
Yah, muffy wrote the same thing about the Ultra Downy. How much of that crap do you use per gallon of water? A lid/cup per gallon? I think I tried 1 cup/lid per sink full of warm water. Not sure but my bottle said concentrated so it stunk alot. I gave it up.

iwannadoll

Post by iwannadoll »

5000 wrote:
smells so great you can't take your nose off her head!
wash in shampo & then spray perfume on the wig. I like the perfume smell but don't spray directly on the doll skin. Just a squirt or two on the wig & doll clothes.

I really don't like the doll hair to smell like a bath towel. Now, clothes smelling downy fresh is okay.
What kind of perfume do you use? I don't really wanna go into a department store and start squirting every perfume bottle I see...cuz you know they have a whole bloody section of it in the stores (at the mall).

Euchre
Ex-Member

Post by Euchre »

iwannadoll wrote:What kind of perfume do you use? I don't really wanna go into a department store and start squirting every perfume bottle I see...cuz you know they have a whole bloody section of it in the stores (at the mall).
And what's wrong with that? Mahtek and I once shopped at a Victoria's Secret Outlet shop for our girls. They had a perfume sale going on. We ended up buying some Heavenly body mist for them but we smelled right purdy when we walked out of there and back through The Great Outdoors store to leave the mall. :P :P
I was a bad boy at TDF and got ex-membered.

iwannadoll

Post by iwannadoll »

euchre wrote:
iwannadoll wrote:What kind of perfume do you use? I don't really wanna go into a department store and start squirting every perfume bottle I see...cuz you know they have a whole bloody section of it in the stores (at the mall).
And what's wrong with that? Mahtek and I once shopped at a Victoria's Secret Outlet shop for our girls. They had a perfume sale going on. We ended up buying some Heavenly body mist for them but we smelled right purdy when we walked out of there and back through The Great Outdoors store to leave the mall. :P :P
I get dizzy with so much conflicting fragrance I avoid department stores inside malls. Around Christmas time, they are all out in force and it seems at every Dept. Store entrance they put the perfume section. I prefer maybe a smaller section where they sell ....actually, I just prefer a TDF member tell me what brand they like and where they bought it, and I can go to the non-chicks-spraying-crap-all-over-the-air-closed-bottle-perfume store/area and just grab it and buy it.

Victoria Outlet isn't very numerous...Target..WalMart...BedBath&Beyond maybe? So what brand did you get?

Also man..you had a wingman! It's easier with a wingman to go into a chick-shop.

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

I've got Elizabeth Arden Red Door for Zara.
It's a dark sophisticated scent, Suits her. I spray it just above her head and let it settle into her hair, its more subtle than just blasting the wig with it.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

Euchre
Ex-Member

Post by Euchre »

iwannadoll wrote:Victoria Outlet isn't very numerous...Target..WalMart...BedBath&Beyond maybe? So what brand did you get?
Euchre wrote:And what's wrong with that? Mahtek and I once shopped at a Victoria's Secret Outlet shop for our girls. They had a perfume sale going on. We ended up buying some Heavenly body mist for them but we smelled right purdy when we walked out of there and back through The Great Outdoors store to leave the mall. :P :P
I was a bad boy at TDF and got ex-membered.

Ekkehard

Post by Ekkehard »

No scream, please.

Usually, I clean the wig of my doll every 6 weeks with a lot of water and neutral shampoo. The wig is rinsed thoroughly after it, finally with clear water.

I have a washing machine with a built-in dryer. The wig is put in a bag and spinned dry with the program for nylons/synthetics, afterwards dried 10 minutes with a specically for nylons/synthetics suitable program. The wig is dry after it and can be put on the head of the doll.

From my sister-in-law I heard something about maintenance of synthetic hair. She suggested to use "Gliss Kur", especially "Oil nutritive" manufactured by Schwarzkopf (Schwarzkopf & Henkel, Düsseldorf, Germany). Every week the wig will be spayed with it.

I believe this procedures make the wig easy to comb, keep the colour (Shame to me, I'm a smoker) and the volume of her hairs.

Ekkehard

Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 5000 »

What kind of perfume do you use? I don't really wanna go into a department store and start squirting every perfume bottle I see
I don't have a recipe.

I don't shop at stores for doll stuff. Too nervous.

I use Ebay. I know they have victoria secret sampler packs on ebay. Haven't tried that yet, but I will.

I don't really do wig care. I maybe wash the wig once or twice but I like to try new styles and looks, so I just toss wigs when they are ratty.

I only buy the $20.00 chinese wigs on ebay. They are okay & don't cost that much. My favorite wigs are the Japanese Lapin. You can buy them from Yumesaki. I think for around $40.00.

So in the end I can buy two chinese wigs for the cost of one Lapin & just toss the frizzed wigs.

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

Euchre wrote:
Euch is right.....no prob going to the store and shopping for your doll...especailly at Victorias :P The sales girls there are soooooo impressed that the guy is there to buy something nice for his lady :razz:

AND...YES!!! VSC "Heavenly" is da bomb. A little tiny bottle of the "parfum" is $30.......but I got it for Melanie a while back....it was "instant hard-on" for me.....I would come home after work, and catch a whiff......me and mel, for the rest of the night.
Sorry...I got off topic a little.
The Toy Store keeps us going.
Buy at the Toy Store: http://shop.sex-superstore.com/cgi-bin/toys2.cgi?af=4969&ecode=8170781N

INFORMATIONS