sexyrealsexdolls.com

Login again, then login to get the login page... - RESOLVED

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.
Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Login again, then login to get the login page... - RESOLVED

Post by Szalinski »

I tried checking the "remember me" box, but many times I still have to re-login. Hell, forum can't even remember me through the same session!

Tonight, for example, I was booted off and had to log back on seven times! Including once when I was told I had been successfully logged in, only to be META refreshed right back to another login page!

Y'all might want to look into this...
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Patricia
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: Looking for a better and smarter place than present. And i may have found it!

Re: Login, login again, then login to get to the login page...

Post by Patricia »

Clearing the cookies? :?:

8)
Do to other what you want them to do to you. XD

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Patricia wrote:Clearing the cookies? :?:

8)
No. I have a cleanup program that I use every few days, but it's instructed to leave certain cookies alone, dollforum being one of them. And that still doesn't explain why I would have to re-login seven times in one session, let alone be taken to the login page immediately after being told I've sucessfully logged in.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Hey guys? you there? I have heard nothing on this except that it might be a problem at my end. It wasn't my cookies, and I don't think it is at my end because it is not consistant. Some days I can go a whole night without problems, others I can't go 20 minutes withaout being asked to sign in.
~ George Washington

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

We haven't heard about any other member who has this problem.

I haven't come across it either. I'm guessing you already cleared the Doll Forum cookies, just to try... (Main Page, bottom right "Delete all board cookies"), and that didn't work,

If this was a forum-wide problem, we would have heard about it from other members, but we haven't, so the most logical conclusion is, it has to be on your computer.

Have you tried a different browser, like Firefox or Opera?
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

Yep, I have the same problem.
A real pain when one has just made a post and when you submit it tells you to log in.
And it has happened a lot.

muz
Ah Love Could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry scheme of things entire Would not we shatter it to bits and then remould it nearer to the Heart's desire.

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

Possibly the reason you have not heard much about this problem is that the thread does not appear in the 'view active topics'.

???

muz
Ah Love Could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry scheme of things entire Would not we shatter it to bits and then remould it nearer to the Heart's desire.

siliventurer
Ex-Member

Post by siliventurer »

Szalinski wrote:It wasn't my cookies, and I don't think it is at my end because it is not consistant. Some days I can go a whole night without problems, others I can't go 20 minutes withaout being asked to sign in.
Szalinski, I think you may have answered your own problem. You are correct that if it is not consistent and you have checked your cookies it might not be a problem with your browser. It would also be logical that if it is a problem with our server or the site it would also be happening consistently and there would be a widespread occurrence amongst the other users, so I believe it is not a problem on our end either. Since the problem seems to be random, perhaps it may be your internet service provider intermittently dropping connection at different intervals of time? Or you may want to check to see if any other software like antivirus or firewall programs are severing your connection at times. Your session is not retained if you lose connectivity as retaining unclaimed sessions would cause an inefficient use of resources. In order for the log me in automatically to work, it would need valid identifying information (IP, etc.) from your connection. If there is a program blocking this or your ISP is attempting to hide this or constantly assign you new information, you will face having to login in repeatedly as the site would not find a match in identifying you when it cross checks hence not able to continue the session you had previously.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

That's possible, Hughes Net has certainly not been the most reliable ISP I have ever used (to be exceedingly kind), and it's worst bug is a tendancy to stall halfway through a load, albeit usually only long ones. Something could be getting lost during transport. but this happens even whenit doesn't stall. And I don't delete my cookies while I'm online.

Besides, I thought it was your server's (not the ISP's) responsibility to remember which computers were currently logged in, using my computer's IP address to identify me. I'm no whiz at computers though, so if you could explain this, please do.
~ George Washington

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

EUREKA!!!!

Post by Szalinski »

I found out the problem of why the forum keeps forgetting I'm logged in (if not the cause or solution)! It was happening to me a lot tonight, when I realized at which point this was happening: It was when I accessed the "recent posts" forum (or went back to it). That was when I was getting automatically logged out and had to log back in.

Also, whenever I accessed a thread from that forum, the "Report this post" and "Reply with quote" selections were absent from all the posts.

So I went to the other forums, and I was remembered. When I accessed the threads directly from them, lo and behold, I didn't have to sign back in once. I was remembered wherever I went, as long as I stayed out of the "Recent posts" forum. Also the "Report this post"
and "Reply with quote" selections were both in place on all the posts in all the threads.

I don't know what is causing this particular forum's "dementia", but at least I know for sure now that it isn't my equipment, and now y'all can track it down; it's hiding somewhere in the Recent posts forum.
:grab: Go get it guys! :mrgreen:
~ George Washington

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Re: EUREKA!!!!

Post by Bianca »

Great work szalinski! This should be quite helpful,
Szalinski wrote:I found out the problem of why the forum keeps forgetting I'm logged in (if not the cause or solution)! It was happening to me a lot tonight, when I realized at which point this was happening: It was when I accessed the "recent posts" forum (or went back to it). That was when I was getting automatically logged out and had to log back in.

Also, whenever I accessed a thread from that forum, the "Report this post" and "Reply with quote" selections were absent from all the posts.

So I went to the other forums, and I was remembered. When I accessed the threads directly from them, lo and behold, I didn't have to sign back in once. I was remembered wherever I went, as long as I stayed out of the "Recent posts" forum. Also the "Report this post"
and "Reply with quote" selections were both in place on all the posts in all the threads.

I don't know what is causing this particular forum's "dementia", but at least I know for sure now that it isn't my equipment, and now y'all can track it down; it's hiding somewhere in the Recent posts forum.
:grab: Go get it guys! :mrgreen:

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Re: EUREKA!!!!

Post by synthyours »

Yeah.

It's not us. I've been trying to replicate this bug for several hours and haven't been able to reproduce the behavior. If it were a problem with the forum software itself it's likely that more than one user would have reported this issue. Whether or not you are logged in or not is based on the cookie TDF sends, which is stored by your browser.

The cookies TDF sends are appropriately structured. I've tried to reproduce the bug by following the steps you listed... no cigar. The most common cause of this kind of issue is a browser flaw or an aggressive spyware/antivirus program. There are numerous potential problems and none of them are phpBB3's fault.

Therefore, I'm dubbing this one resolved.

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Corrupted cookie

Post by Gramps »

I can no longer link directly to the TDF board index. (I have to link first to the Meeting Room, then jump to the Board Index.) When attempting a normal link I get this message:
Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Then the message quotes the cookie, which is humungously long.

I suspect that a single clearing of the TDF cookie(s) is the SOLUTION, not the problem.
(I haven't tried it yet because I don't have a tool for doing it selectively, and it would cause mega inconvenience at many other sites that I use.)
I need to avoid both TDF and chocolate candy, for similar reasons.

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by r4m »

Gramps wrote:I suspect that a single clearing of the TDF cookie(s) is the SOLUTION, not the problem.
(I haven't tried it yet because I don't have a tool for doing it selectively, and it would cause mega inconvenience at many other sites that I use.)
I'm no IT guy, but TDF has just such a tool. I had not noticed it before, but Alex kindly pointed it out above (Thanks Alex!). On the Board Index page, look towards the bottom of the page on the right hand side. There is a command there that says "Delete all board cookies". It is below the forum links and above the stats windows.

Cheers,
r4m
My dolls can be seen here - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11496

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

It worked! My TDF interface is back to normal.

(Incidentally, logging out and back in did not work.)
I need to avoid both TDF and chocolate candy, for similar reasons.

INFORMATIONS