www.wmdolls.com

Scam site or legit reseller?

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Scam site or legit reseller?

Post by IanEvans »

I stumbled across this site: http://americanlovedolls.com during a random Google search, and couldn't help but notice the BD anime plush at the very bottom. Further searching revealed others that resembled BD's other models as well :|

Of course, some of the pics appear to include a real woman, a Barbie, a BJD, and even a wig mannequin...and what appear to be high-end J-dolls claiming to be not-yet-available knockoffs. So my guess is scam. However, I figured it should be brought to BD's attention so we can know for sure.

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Formerly known as TG megami - The Frozen North, USA

Re: Scam site or legit reseller?

Post by Doll Knight XIX »

My knee jerk reaction is 'scam.' The sheer fact that it's even called 'American Love Dolls' and mentions how they apparently remove the "chemical smell" from Chinese love dolls (via magic, I'm assuming) just does not sit well with me. That, combined with their mastery of the English language makes me doubt they're shipping from, say, Boston.

Still...

We will start anew, on here, soon. We can't wait!

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

One of those dolls Pictured is a Hitdoll, (photos ripped off from the new Dollmaker on TDF) and there is definitely two different Barbie dolls pictured, and definitely a mannequin. I would say "scam"

Motoko Susubo

Post by Motoko Susubo »

well after a bit of investigating
New Haven Distributors LLC DBA
American Love Dolls
816 Lazarus Dr
Woodstock GA 30188
a Mo Bradly is the one you are suppose to contact Mo Bradly is in fact Maurice Visser who opened New Haven in 2006 according to the GA SoS. who also runs a Bibles for Africa which is registered with the GA SoS as well from the same address also PeachTree Ink is as well ran from that same address which is yet another Visser company Maurice Visser can be found on Linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/pub/maurice-visser/7/364/34a with a profile picture .which by the way is the same picture that he uses for the Mo Bradly on the contact us page of american love dolls http://americanlovedolls.com/contact-us/. the same picture can be found also on Visser facebook page the phone number that is in contact is a unlisted number in Marietta GA unlike the other 3 phone numbers that are listed for Woodstock GA that he currently has.
HIGH HOPE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
320 HARDSCRABBLE RD
ROSWELL, GA
30075-1406
which is a tax exempt / non profit organization http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organizat ... ?tn=456158 this is a quote from his linkedin page i found interesting
Maurice Visser's Summary
Owner of New Haven Distributors, Johannesburg South Africa for 16 years. Relocated to Atlanta GA, Worked for HP for 8 years when they shipped all the jobs over to Costa Rica and India, Started my own business Peachtree INK in 2007. Will never work for a boss again, though I enjoyed working for HP and just leaving all the worrying and scheming up to someone else. Now that I have my own business I am free of "The Boss" but I have to do my own worrying and scheming. Its a trade off. I think I prefer the latter.

from all indication i would call this gentalmen of which i use the term loosly a snake oil sales men

beautifuldolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by beautifuldolls »

I don't know if this person is legit but some pics are taken in our house hahahaah
http://www.beautiful-dolls.com/

First official asian vendor on TDF!

Years of experience!

Ask for your special TDF price! We care for members of the doll forum :)

beautifuldolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by beautifuldolls »

Just looked more deeply... It must be scam because the weights and heights of the dolls aren't right... :/ A doll that isn't taller than 120 cm is listed there as 168 cm one -_- Seems a wadte of time... Also the video seems to be Agne dolls? Not sure.
http://www.beautiful-dolls.com/

First official asian vendor on TDF!

Years of experience!

Ask for your special TDF price! We care for members of the doll forum :)

Axion
Former Member

Post by Axion »

The "vamp and goth dolls" are interesting. Clearly ripped off some pics of ball-joint dolls and one that even looks like a barbie, claiming they are full silicone with metal frames.. yeah i'm going with scam on this one

Kagami
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Kagami »

the fact that they are using BD's current avatar photo isn't enough to give it a way. well the only thing I can say is please send me your money, I'll sell you has many fake items you want for half of what any other scammer has them listed for.

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

I sense the smell of rotten fish and a voice in the wind whisper S.... C.... A.... M....
She told me to come but I was already there

Mo Bradley

Post by Mo Bradley »

NOTE from TDF Management

As of January 3, 2013, Eighth Wonder has had no orders or contact from anyone trading under the USA company name advertised on their website, nor are they familiar with their website name.

Hi To anyone interested in this thread,
I am the owner of American Love Dolls website and I wanted to reply to this thread
"Scam site or legit reseller?"

All the posters have reasonable questions and remarks and the picture of the bear made me giggle. Seems legit but smells a bit fishy may be a perfectly fair assessment. However I want to tell anyone viewing http://www.americanlovedolls.com that this website was created to be a buffer of honesty and integrity between the buyer and the supplier. Very often customers are brave or stupid enough to buy product directly from Chinese suppliers only to get badly disappointed. We have separated the good suppliers from the bad and deal only with good suppliers.

Also to show our good faith we operate under a legit USA company which is open to litigation in the small claims court of our county.(Any amount under $10,000) The cost of a small claims case is only $35 and we
(New Haven Distributors LLC) can be brought into court to face USA justice should we scam anyone. We do not have any "fine print" on our website. What we offer is what you get. We strive to offer the lowest price for the widest range of choices. A Kia is not a Mecedes Benz and so also for Love dolls, customers should weigh the one product up against another and make an informed decision on what they will order and receive. The one thing we can assure all is that we are legit resellers.

Hope this helps and we welcome any corrections needed to be done on the website in the name of honestly displaying all info correctly and clearly.Contact me at info@americanlovedolls.com and I will be glad to fix anything not 100% kosher.
Regards
Mo AKA Maurice

INFORMATIONS