Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Hello doll forum

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Hello doll forum

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

White_Horse wrote: There is extensive discussion about cornstarch vs baby powder on this thread

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... cornstarch
Interesting thread. Baby powder crystals will scratch the silicone? How large will that scratch be exactly? What will the damage be, will it dull the desired high gloss finish on your doll? How ridiculous.

Obviously the reason some would prefer cornstarch is because it is edible, the same reason it may be safer for babies.

Anyway...

The manufacturer recommends talc or baby powder, no mention of cornstarch

From the manufacturers own website:

http://www.boytoydolls.com/main/how-to- ... -toy-doll/

Cleaning:

The body of the doll can be cleaned with a mild soap and warm water as needed. You can safely submerge your doll in a bathtub for short periods if desired. Powder your doll with talc or baby powder to eliminate stickiness after drying. Boy Toy Inserts can be cleaned with warm water and a small amount of antibacterial soap. We recommend cleaning the inserts separately from the doll body. Dry all parts thoroughly before replacing them in the doll.

I've been using baby powder for 5 years on my dolls, no damage evident.
My Doll Album is here!

Snaketooth

Post by Snaketooth »

White horse, you from Canada?

0X

White_Horse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by White_Horse »

Hi Snaketooth,

I am British by birth and English by the grace of God. However, I have moved around a lot and am currently living in the great state of Texas, where everything is just a little big bigger!

W_H

Hiruko

Post by Hiruko »

Hi thank you all for those replies, which really helps me a lot. I will keep reading more from this forum and hopefully someday post some useful things by myself. Anyway hope you all have a good day.

INFORMATIONS