sexyrealsexdolls.com

Make up tips

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Make up tips

Post by Cubiko »

Hey Domino, great to have you here.

I'll shoot first; is cheap make up harder to remove than more known and expensive brands? I have no chance whatsovever to remove the eye make up I put on my TPE doll (it's not even supposed to be waterproof), I've tried two different removers from known brands, pads, facial soap and water - nada! I fear I'm gonna have to wait until it just fades with time. Makes sense to spend thousands of dollars on a doll and then buy the cheapest make up one can find at the local dollar store, right? *bonks head*

Also, do you have any tips or favorite tutorials when it comes to applying that gorgeous two tone lipstick look that is so popular these days? Looks very natural, fresh and... well, kissable.

PlasticArtist

Post by PlasticArtist »

Wonder if it is safe to use makeup glue for gluing on fake eyelashes and eyebrows?

DominoAmore
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DominoAmore »

Thanks Mandos,try a little coconut oil on a Q-tip and wipe off with a makeup remover wipe.That is what I use to get heavy special effects makeup off be honest.
PlasticArtist the best tip is always try a small spot in a small place and let it dry and gently rub the glue off to make sure it's not going to damage.I've glued new eyelashes on for short term(photo shoot) but use superglue and a toothpick with lots of patients for more long term.In short no,I don't see any ingredients in eyelash glue that should hurt your doll.
Feel free to ask away,I've got great hints,and tips for all kinds of makeup applications ;)

alex77
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by alex77 »

Hi Domino, I have questions which is opposite of mandos :)

I am trying to find makeup that can last :D I used to apply lipstick that went off too fast. So, I am wondering if NYX lip pencil is a better choice. Apparently many claimed to be long lasting, somewhat better than lipstick. But others also said its too dry not an easy job. Would like to know more before I purchase.

I have just ordered Veecci liquid eyebrows and I know definitely not easy to apply. Any tips :)

To me, makeup for doll is fun. Love to see an ordinary face turned to Cinderella.

If you have some photo series assist we guys how to makeup for dolls, would be most appreciated

TQ

DominoAmore
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DominoAmore »

Hi Alex77! I'm a fan of your beautiful girls! If you want lips that last ,use a lip pencil to fill in both lips and let it sit for a few minutes,then put your lipstick over top.This gives the lipstick something to hold onto and will last a bit longer than just lipstick alone.
For perfect eyebrows,look on Amazon for a eyebrow stencil.They come in packs with many different shapes and sizes of eyebrows , you press the stencil to the eyebrow area and use the Veecci liquid pencil with a very small amount on the brush it comes with and slowly start from the wide part of the eyebrow and make small strokes till you've filled it in gently blow on the liquid so it sets quickly and then remove the stencil.Perfect eyebrows every time,plus experimenting with different eyebrow shapes can really change expression.If you use a eyeprimer cream on the girls skin color first to temporarily cover their original eyebrow you can change it to any shape you want.I'm saving to get an OR doll and a 1AM Dani in the next few months and will definitely start a thread with detailed images on step by step makeup and hair.I'm going to do a series on how to airbrush dolls with more life like body contour coloring.Thanks for the questions.I don't want to hijack this thread and once I figure out how to make my own I will.

DominoAmore
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DominoAmore »

Has anyone tried a lipstain product instead of blush? It's thinner than lip gloss and "stains" the lips for a few days.It might work as a more long-term effect on coloring lips,nipples and labia,that way you don't have to keep applying it and it will take longer to rub off.When I get a chance I'll try it and let you know.

alex77
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by alex77 »

DominoAmore wrote:Hi Alex77! I'm a fan of your beautiful girls! If you want lips that last ,use a lip pencil to fill in both lips and let it sit for a few minutes,then put your lipstick over top.This gives the lipstick something to hold onto and will last a bit longer than just lipstick alone.
For perfect eyebrows,look on Amazon for a eyebrow stencil.They come in packs with many different shapes and sizes of eyebrows , you press the stencil to the eyebrow area and use the Veecci liquid pencil with a very small amount on the brush it comes with and slowly start from the wide part of the eyebrow and make small strokes till you've filled it in gently blow on the liquid so it sets quickly and then remove the stencil.Perfect eyebrows every time,plus experimenting with different eyebrow shapes can really change expression.If you use a eyeprimer cream on the girls skin color first to temporarily cover their original eyebrow you can change it to any shape you want.I'm saving to get an OR doll and a 1AM Dani in the next few months and will definitely start a thread with detailed images on step by step makeup and hair.I'm going to do a series on how to airbrush dolls with more life like body contour coloring.Thanks for the questions.I don't want to hijack this thread and once I figure out how to make my own I will.
Thanks for the tips and glad you like my girls too. I'm honored :D

I've selected various colors lip pencils. I love to colored their lips of multiple tones to present depth. Somehow I simply felt single color is too monotonous, haha.

Airbrush dolls! That's sounds interesting. That's the way they did onto silicone dolls, right? This brings out another question, is there any permanent/long lasting edible white paint for TPE? I wish to whiten their teeth, but don't wish to swallow toxic paint when kiss :lol:

DominoAmore
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DominoAmore »

If you do her bottom lip with a slightly darker color pencil and apply lipstick with a brush over it just enough to cover the top of the bottom lip to the thicker lip liner line and dab a little line of white(gloss or even eyeshadow) in the middle of her lip in a faint line it REALLY adds contours.
Hmmm I will look into what you can do for those not so pearly whites,maybe Bill Nye special effects makeup in white then use a nontoxic matte sealer? Ill see what I can find for a matte nontoxic sealer.Are her teeth removable?

lsmithiii

Post by lsmithiii »

DominoAmore wrote:Thanks for the questions.I don't want to hijack this thread and once I figure out how to make my own I will.
You're not highjacking. This thread was started to have people share info on what works on these TPE ladies. There was already some info out there but it was all buried in other threads. So once again anyone with knowledge of what works on these TPE ladies please post your experience. Heck even info on things that failed is useful. I haven't tried lip pencils but have not had success with lipstick, lipgloss, or lipstain. All of these smeared quite easily. I have noticed that lip gloss over the eye shadow works quite well. Domino thanks for the info you have provided so far I look forward to trying some of your techniques.

alex77
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by alex77 »

DominoAmore wrote:If you do her bottom lip with a slightly darker color pencil and apply lipstick with a brush over it just enough to cover the top of the bottom lip to the thicker lip liner line and dab a little line of white(gloss or even eyeshadow) in the middle of her lip in a faint line it REALLY adds contours.
Hmmm I will look into what you can do for those not so pearly whites,maybe Bill Nye special effects makeup in white then use a nontoxic matte sealer? Ill see what I can find for a matte nontoxic sealer.Are her teeth removable?
I'll load up pics of lipstick application method tmr :)

Nope, false teeth, just an extension of TPE from lips

DominoAmore
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DominoAmore »

here is a really good example of what I'm talking about,remember to line the entire lip with the lip liner first so the lipstick will have some thing to grab onto.A light mist of good hairspray can set makeup really well also.
Attachments
easyombrelips.jpg
easyombrelips.jpg (92.04 KiB) Viewed 3945 times

alex77
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by alex77 »

DominoAmore wrote:here is a really good example of what I'm talking about,remember to line the entire lip with the lip liner first so the lipstick will have some thing to grab onto.A light mist of good hairspray can set makeup really well also.
Looks great, I'll try out when lip pencils arrived.

PlasticArtist

Post by PlasticArtist »

You would probably never get it off but for freckles and such, I bet copic markers would do the job.
Permanent eyeliner too.

alex77
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by alex77 »

That's how I did for my ladies' lips
Makeup for lips.jpg
Makeup for lips.jpg (61.97 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Makeup for lips 2.jpg
Makeup for lips 2.jpg (36.67 KiB) Viewed 3884 times

DominoAmore