Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Totally New To This - Just Placed An Order

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Totally New To This - Just Placed An Order

Post by RussMeyerFan »

Today is a red letter day as I have placed an order for a doll. Like a guiding voice, I recently got the urge to visit the Real Doll website and just look around. When I saw the sale going on and knew, that with some creative financial shuffling, I could eek it out, I suddenly realized that something I had half joked about with my friends for years could now be a real possibility. None of the dolls quite caught my eye as I clicked around the Real Dolls, but when I found out about Boy Toys, I liked the real-meets-fantasy aspect of what I saw. When I saw the Winter model with the black hair, I kind of fell in love. After debating some other options on the site, I just couldn't take my eyes off of her pictures and I knew she was the one.

I will obviously have a long time (8 weeks or so) to second guess my decision, but something tells me that when she arrives I will instantly know I made the right choice. The only thing that really has me nervous is the social taboos involved here. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with this (obviously) but I know there will come a time when close friends and family find out and I know that, even though they will still love me, their perceptions of who I am will be forever changed. How do you doll owners deal with that aspect?

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I will no doubt have lots of questions for you all in the next few weeks. Looking forward to joining the community!

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Totally New To This - Just Placed An Order

Post by Slew »

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Hi, RussMeyerFan. Welcome.. :glou:

Winter is a hottie! :| BTs are really cute, some of my favorite dolls. There is a thread which addresses your concerns about friends and family: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47841 ..and probably more topics, if you use the search feature, just type in key words that mean something to your situation, like "hiding doll", or "explaining doll", etc. You'll be fine, as long as you agree with yourself about it.

Good luck with the wait, and a safe arrival of your sweetie!

Slew

MoonGuardian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MoonGuardian »

Hi RussKMeyerFan and welcome!

I just ordered my Boy Toy last week, so we're both gonna be BT newbies! Yay!

I've had a Teddy Babe doll for the past 3 or 4 years now. LOL and yup I forgot our anniversary date! But that's the beauty of having a doll girlfriend and not a real girlfriend or wife! I get to forget our anniversaries and she won't GET MAD AT ME!!!! :D

But none of my friends know I have a Teddy Babe and I'm going to make sure they don't find out I have a Boy Toy either. I hide her in my bedroom closet and so far no one ever sneaked in to take a peak and I don't see why they would ever do so anyways. Cause you see, my 3 BFF's (or 2) were already 3 BFF's since gradeschool, I joined their circle only several years later in College. 2 of them are married and I'm sure they and their wives will simply be happy for me that I found happiness with a doll and not a real women, but the 3rd friend... ugh. He's still single, not gay or anything, he's straight and in his 30's, but he can be a bit of a jerk sometimes, he likes teasing all the time and acts a bit like a kid. He's the 1 friend I wouldn't want to tell because I know he'll tease the living crap out of me for awhile and I don't want to have to tell him to stop or shut up about it. In a way, I'm coming to the point where he doesn't feel like a BFF at all. I could maybe tell my two other friends and then ask them to never mention my dolls to the 3rd one, but IMHO it's just easier to not tell anyone at all just in case we're all drunk one day and 1 of the two BFF's accidentally says I'm a doll lover in front of everyone.

For my parents, they know I have a Teddy Babe and don't mind and I love them for that. <3 <3 <3 When I was in my late teens (18-19ish) I was still living with my parents and bought a cheap inflatable doll at the nearby sex shop. I kept her boxed up inside one of my drawers a one day after school I got back home and noticed that my mom cleaned up my room, including the drawer where my doll was stored and obviously saw it. I went upstairs to talk to her about it and she said she was 100% cool about it. She said it's just a toy and she knows that men have needs and that since I was single and have a hard time getting a real girlfriend, there's nothing wrong about dolls. She told my dad but he never talked to me about it, but by the looks of it he doesn't mind. Then moved out into my own apartment, bought a Teddy Babe, but ran into financial issues last year so I had to move back with my parents for a few months and they saw my Teddy Babe while I was unpacking my stuff. Once again, they didn't mind, my mom even commented that she looks sexy. LOL! My dad just smiled and said "It's your life, you can do whatever you want with it." Then I moved back into an apartment again 4 months ago and I know I won't have any issues if I show my Boy Toy to them.

But anyways, that's just me. RussKMeyerFan, you know your friends better than I do and I don't know just how close you are to them. But in my case, I'm hiding my dolls from them for as long as I can. I never want them to know. But parents are not the same as friends. Our parents love us. Some parents out there might not take the news as easily as others or mine, but they eventually get over it and accept it, they just have too, because you're their child and if the doll makes you happy, then they need to accept it. We're not kids anymore, it's our lives and we can do what we want with it. :D
ڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Mary-Jane - Teddy Babe - 2012 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Serena - Dollfie Dream Dynamite - 2013 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Elyse - Boy Toy Celestial - 2015 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
ڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

Welcome RussMeyerFan & congrats on your purchase!
I just received my first doll about 3 weeks ago.
Not gonna lie to ya the wait is excruciating.
Wondered (like you) if it was a smart purchase everyday of my 12 week wait.
I can honestly say... YES IT WAS!
:thumbs_up: looking forward to your first Pics :thumbs_up:

:glou:

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hostage »

Congrats RMFan!! I totally understand what you're going thru - I went thru same "wtf am I doing?!?" phase...

Start shopping for some clothes and bling to help the time go by.. she'll be so happy when she finally comes home :)

As for friends/parents - mine don't need to know.. I've thought about telling my mom, but the right time hasn't arrived ;)
"Slide and let the silicone embrace you as you fall.." ~ Phish, Sand

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14636

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! It seems like there is a very strong and supportive community here and I look forward to getting to know you all via the shared experiences of living with a doll. And I am glad you made the Faster Pussycat connection, Seattle Slew! One of my all time favorites!

My thoughts are definitely consumed with all of the possibilities that bringing a doll into my life will provide. Even though I have a career, good friends, play in a band, and spend time with family, I also really love my personal time where I get to do exactly what I want when I want to do it. As I get more into my 30s I just can't see giving up so much of that precious time for a romantic relationship with a live woman. I look forward to being intimate with and caring for the doll as if it were a significant other, but a significant other on my terms. The lack of constant clingy texts and emotional outbursts will be a relief!

While I wait, I have begun to put together a list on Amazon of some outfits I plan to purchase for the doll. I love the idea of being able to dress it in exactly the ways that are pleasing to me..

I have also been in contact with the company with a few basic questions since placing the order and was pleased to receive emails within the hour! It is great to see such great customer service.

Thanks for the input about friends and family. I will most likely not tell them and carefully conceal the doll in my bedroom when friends of family visit. However, if I feel that my relationship with the doll grows to a point where she becomes a large part of my at-home life, I may tell my dad about her. He is a very open-minded guy and I imagine it would be nice to have someone to tell at some point.

I will definitely be taking photos and posting when I receive her.

For now, can someone tell me what are some rookie mistakes and/or big no-nos that I should be aware of when interacting with my doll?

campion
Ex-Member

Post by campion »

see below
"The customers are torn between needing someone and wanting to be alone at the same time, which has probably always been the name of that particular game."—William Gibson, 'Burning Chrome'

campion
Ex-Member

Post by campion »

campion wrote:
RussMeyerFan wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome! It seems like there is a very strong and supportive community here and I look forward to getting to know you all via the shared experiences of living with a doll. And I am glad you made the Faster Pussycat connection, Seattle Slew! One of my all time favorites!

My thoughts are definitely consumed with all of the possibilities that bringing a doll into my life will provide. Even though I have a career, good friends, play in a band, and spend time with family, I also really love my personal time where I get to do exactly what I want when I want to do it. As I get more into my 30s I just can't see giving up so much of that precious time for a romantic relationship with a live woman. I look forward to being intimate with and caring for the doll as if it were a significant other, but a significant other on my terms. The lack of constant clingy texts and emotional outbursts will be a relief!

While I wait, I have begun to put together a list on Amazon of some outfits I plan to purchase for the doll. I love the idea of being able to dress it in exactly the ways that are pleasing to me..

I have also been in contact with the company with a few basic questions since placing the order and was pleased to receive emails within the hour! It is great to see such great customer service.

Thanks for the input about friends and family. I will most likely not tell them and carefully conceal the doll in my bedroom when friends of family visit. However, if I feel that my relationship with the doll grows to a point where she becomes a large part of my at-home life, I may tell my dad about her. He is a very open-minded guy and I imagine it would be nice to have someone to tell at some point.

I will definitely be taking photos and posting when I receive her.

For now, can someone tell me what are some rookie mistakes and/or big no-nos that I should be aware of when interacting with my doll?
Rookie mistakes:
  • - Expecting your doll to arrive exactly as you imagine her to be. She'll be different, at least slightly, so resist any knee-jerk disappointment. She is a fairly magical creature if you give her a chance.
    - Selling your doll soon after purchase because she wasn't exactly what you imagined her to be. Patience, young padwan, the real magic sets in when you come home to her after a tough day and she's there for you.
    - Damaging your doll during the act because you're so fired up you kinda don't care if she's damaged at that point. You will when it's over.
    - Neglecting to clean and powder your doll regularly. Taking your time with this is not just caring for a major investment, it builds intimacy and a sense of closeness. You'll get more out of her in every way.
    - Hands and fingers are delicate as hell, try not to learn this the hard way.
    - Pullover dresses and shirts. Buy clothes instead that zip in back or button in front. Pulling things onto your doll can be nigh impossible. They're flexible, bit not as flexible as human women. Even with buttons and zippers, put dresses on from the bottom up, rather than the top down.
    - Clothes that don't fit or are sloppy. Clothe her in the style you'd want your dream girlfriend to wear. Just looking over at her will then become a constant thrill. Don't buy a lot of clothes at first, just buy quality things that you'd really want a GF in. Buy a nice chemise if you plan to sleep beside her. Protect her feet by keeping her in stockings or nylons or even socks at all times.
    - Using clothes with dark or rich colors (reds, blues). Keep colors light if you can so you won't have to worry about staining her: lots of white, ivory, beige, light yellows, light pinks. Buy a lingerie washing machine bag and run anything that isn't white or ivory through at least a couple of cycles. Stains suck!
    - Bad or merely included wigs. Get at least one good one, human hair blend if you can't afford human hair. More than anything else, the wig makes the doll.
    - Not preparing to warm your doll. Dolls are cold without being heated first. An electric blanket and onahole warmer can take the edge off and make sleeping with her and the sex even better.
    - Not having a good place/plan to store/hide your doll when company is over.

AND THE NUMBER ONE ROOKIE MISTAKE: Getting a doll that's too heavy because her figure seemed so delicious. You avoided this one by wisely choosing a Boy Toy. Bodes well for avoiding other mistakes!
That's a start. Get these right and you'll be well on your way to a good experience with your new sweetie. :glou:
"The customers are torn between needing someone and wanting to be alone at the same time, which has probably always been the name of that particular game."—William Gibson, 'Burning Chrome'

MoonGuardian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MoonGuardian »

Don't buy cheap clothes from China. :P

There's something really wrong if you find something really nice for only $10 to $20 from an Ebay seller in China, and then the same product for $100 from a seller in Europe, Japan or North America. China clothing makers use really cheap dyes and even after cleaning them 5 to 10 times in a row, they'll either still stain your doll or the colours will become so light that your doll will look like a hobo. :)

I don't have my Boy Toy doll yet, but I bought a pair of jeans from Hong Kong, cleaned them 3 times and after leaving them on my Teddy Babe for a week, she now has a blue jeans colored stain all around her plushie waist. :( Ugh. So I just ended up buying more expensive clothes from North American sellers and have no more issues. My tiny Dollfie Doll is made out of vinyl and she stains like crazy!!! I only buy expensive clothes from Japan, Europe or North American sellers and she doesn't stain as much or at all thanks to it.

So my advice, never buy cheap clothes, especially for a $5000+ doll! It broke my heart to see my $500 Teddy Babe get a stain around her waist, I don't know how devastated I would be if my $6000 Boy Toy got clothing stained.
ڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Mary-Jane - Teddy Babe - 2012 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Serena - Dollfie Dream Dynamite - 2013 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Elyse - Boy Toy Celestial - 2015 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
ڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—

Kwench
Doll
Doll

Post by Kwench »

Congratulations! I predict your sex life is about to improve...

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

Thanks for all of the advice!

I keep reading about the need to powder the doll. Can someone please explain to me what kind of powder I need and exactly how I would go about applying it properly?

campion
Ex-Member

Post by campion »

RussMeyerFan wrote:Thanks for all of the advice!

I keep reading about the need to powder the doll. Can someone please explain to me what kind of powder I need and exactly how I would go about applying it properly?
For a silicone doll, use Johnson's Baby Powder (the talc-based kind, not the corn starch-based kind). It's applied with a makeup brush or powder puff. Takes the shine off, keeps the doll silky smooth and clean. Plan to spend at least an hour doing this. You can do a hack job in 5 minutes, but it pays to do this well.

As fas as how it's applied exactly, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTAMKkHsyO0

swankagogo

Post by swankagogo »

Another Russ Meyer fan here welcoming you to the fold. I hope your doll arrives ASAP! I'm sure she'll be a supervixen!
Attachments
boioioing.gif
boioioing.gif (1019.96 KiB) Viewed 4147 times

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

RussMeyerFan wrote:
I agree with the above post, use baby powder.

I sprinkle it on the doll using the twist top, sprinkle holes on the top of the container.

Then I rub it gently into the dolls skin with my hands.

If you find the swelling that occurs as a result of using this method to be too much trouble, then use a brush as others suggest.

CONGRATS on your purchase!
My Doll Album is here!

swankagogo

Post by swankagogo »

I got a powder puff to help get it all over after a few sprinkles and puffs from the baby powder bottle, then I use my hands. Feelsgoodman.jpg

INFORMATIONS