www.ordoll.com

show where a space in the head can be made by customers

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

show where a space in the head can be made by customers

Post by timetraveler1 »

I asked ordoll about a [possible place made in the head for a wireless speaker , usually i tell a manufacture if it's something they don't want me to mention i won't , but since this was just as answer i am mentioning it . they said that unless their was more call for the head they probably won't do it . ( which i personally think is a mistake as all they would have to do is do it as an option ( customer pays for it ( which was actually what i was asking ) I think all future heads should have this molded in option on the top of the head .
Anyway if ordoll doesn't want to do this i "WISH " they would show on the forum a place on the top of the head where a place could be drilled down about 2 1/2 inched seep by 2 1/2 inches round .
the reason i ask this is if ordoll doesn't want to do it , people need to know where they can "SAFELY" be able to drill down and make this modification without cutting into any area's that might affect the head interior or placement on the doll .
So can ordoll show what area on the head can be safely done this way with a picture since they know how far their mold is in the head ?
what i am talking about is some tool that will cut a round shape out of an area ( like a tool that cuts door knob holes etc.)
then maybe a person can cut another 1/4 lip edge around that so a lid can fit flush over the hole on top of the head , this hole etc. actually would be for a wireless speaker to sit inside to use with an a.i. etc. program to allow the doll to talk with customers (users) .
I know eventually this will be made by doll manufactures .

xcentrik
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: show where a space in the head can be made by customers

Post by xcentrik »

most of the head is hollow

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

xcentrik, Thank you very much for showing this hollow head picture , i had never seen it , from the looks of it , to go down about 2 1/2 inches deep but it may go through to the hollow part but , if a 1/4 inch lip (sunken lip) is made around the speaker hole to place a basket to hold the speaker in place and also to allow a lid cover over the speaker / head area . :D
ACTUALLY what i was asking the doll makers about was something like the sleeve for the throat but in the top of the head molded in so the speaker could slide into it . but something could be made like what i am talking about , i was just worried not knowing where things was and cutting into something accidently .

xcentrik
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by xcentrik »

timetraveler1 wrote:xcentrik, Thank you very much for showing this hollow head picture , i had never seen it , from the looks of it , to go down about 2 1/2 inches deep but it may go through to the hollow part but , if a 1/4 inch lip (sunken lip) is made around the speaker hole to place a basket to hold the speaker in place and also to allow a lid cover over the speaker / head area . :D
ACTUALLY what i was asking the doll makers about was something like the sleeve for the throat but in the top of the head molded in so the speaker could slide into it . but something could be made like what i am talking about , i was just worried not knowing where things was and cutting into something accidently .
the top of the head seems like the most appropriate spot since it will be covered by the wig to fit a small bluetooth phone/computer speaker. a very short pvc pipe would fit to slide in the speaker and the back of the oral cavity woul stop it for going any further. its basically the same as putting the speaker inside the mouth except the hole can be wider for the sound to come out.

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

Is this why I've seen some photos of tpe doll heads w/ metal caps on their heads? They've installed some device in there?

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

eeniemeenie

Post by eeniemeenie »

I have used a 2" hole saw drill bit thingy to put holes in several WM heads. I take the saw bit apart (take the center drill bit out) and then heat the round hole cutter piece with a torch. I use that hot hole cutter part to melt through the TPE. Pull that TPE plug out and then reinstall the center drill bit to mark the center of the hole. Then use a ring of some sort (cut a piece off the rim of a 3" plastic container) to hold the TPE back from the area where you are going to cut the hole through the solid part. When the final TPE/solid holes are a little bit off center, that works best because the off-center TPE will tend to hold the speaker in place. Speakers are readily available on ebay for $6 and work great for a couple hours.

eenie
Visit Terri at the Doll Album
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=4975

xcentrik
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by xcentrik »

eeniemeenie wrote:I have used a 2" hole saw drill bit thingy to put holes in several WM heads. I take the saw bit apart (take the center drill bit out) and then heat the round hole cutter piece with a torch. I use that hot hole cutter part to melt through the TPE. Pull that TPE plug out and then reinstall the center drill bit to mark the center of the hole. Then use a ring of some sort (cut a piece off the rim of a 3" plastic container) to hold the TPE back from the area where you are going to cut the hole through the solid part. When the final TPE/solid holes are a little bit off center, that works best because the off-center TPE will tend to hold the speaker in place. Speakers are readily available on ebay for $6 and work great for a couple hours.
so you are saying that you have already done this to put a speaker?
what part of the wm heads have you tried?

INFORMATIONS