www.ordoll.com

tpe doll company sample skin for testing to customers

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

tpe doll company sample skin for testing to customers

Post by timetraveler1 »

i saw a tpe high quality doll for sale that had dark material on it that had faded , I believe until ordoll and or any other tpe doll company can resolve the fading color on skin (which i really hope they keep working on a correct formula to stop clothes from fading on doll skin , i have seen different tpe dolls ruined from dark stains that won't come out ) that companies should provide to the customers a sample piece of flat skin to let owners test clothing etc. on it to see how long before something will actually fade . to prevent or hopefully prevent fading on the doll it's self .
unless their is other info . i don't know about i know of no specific info. stating how long dark colors can be left on a doll before unrecoverable fade damage will occur ! this test skin sample to check about fading colors is no substitute for the real problem , and i as i mentioned hope ordoll and other companies continue to keep working on a correct formula fix for this problem .

coleridge

Re: tpe doll company sample skin for testing to customers

Post by coleridge »

This is certainly something to be aware of, and I wouldn't want to minimise the annoyance caused by stains on a TPE doll. However, in my experience of buying about 20 different items of clothing for Pippa - several of which were dark red, blue and black - only 1 (maybe 2?) caused any problems. If I remember rightly the offending item was a pair of black leggings. I bought all my clothes from a well known online retailer here in the UK, so that may also have something to do with it. Cheaper clothes from more dubious sources may be more of a problem? Not sure. Also Pippa never wore a bra - so if bras are a danger area, I wouldn't know about it.

I used to test clothing by resting her head upside down on new purchases for a couple of hours. I started out by washing items before use, but the test came out negative so many times that I started to skip the washing stage altogether and go straight on to the test. (The leggings incident was a cock-up - I thought I'd tested them, and I hadn't!) I always made sure to rest her head on the inside seams, where the pressure on her skin would be greatest during use.

But yes, I agree, it would be nice to have a sample of material rather than having to use part of the doll's body. If something fails the test you have to move to a different area (soles of the feet?) in order to get a clear result. I guess if you had a cube of material (with 6 faces) that would be good for 6 "fails".
Debbie's Instagram album | Phicen Mid bust Pale PLLB2014-S01 | Now snoozing in a bottom drawer somewhere
Beca's Instagram album | YD155 JinSan#44 | Sold 2015 - sent to Coventry
Pippa's Twitter account | WM163 #15 | Sold 2014 - spent some time with Harem, then an architect, then went her own way ..
Rebecca Millington's Flickr | EVO2 body Bobi head | Rebecca is one of my 3 Second Life avatars. The others are Sophie & Emma.

SmittyT
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SmittyT »

When she speaks.... what does she say? Are you listening?

coleridge

Post by coleridge »

SmittyT wrote:you mean something like this? http://www.reallovesexdolls.com/tpe-skin-test-piece/
Yes indeed! A cube would give you more bang for your bucks, but I won't quibble.
Debbie's Instagram album | Phicen Mid bust Pale PLLB2014-S01 | Now snoozing in a bottom drawer somewhere
Pippa's Twitter account | WM163 #15 | Sold 2014 - spent some time with Harem, then an architect, then went her own way ..
Rebecca Millington's Flickr | EVO2 body Bobi head | Rebecca is one of my 3 Second Life avatars. The others are Sophie & Emma.

SmittyT
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SmittyT »

coleridge wrote:
SmittyT wrote:you mean something like this? http://www.reallovesexdolls.com/tpe-skin-test-piece/
Yes indeed!

So far It's the only place I have seen offering it. but I haven't looked too hard. I don't think it's that bad of a price either considering it may save you ruining a doll that costed you several thousand
When she speaks.... what does she say? Are you listening?

coleridge

Post by coleridge »

SmittyT wrote:So far It's the only place I have seen offering it. but I haven't looked too hard. I don't think it's that bad of a price either considering it may save you ruining a doll that costed you several thousand
Yes, I agree, well worth the money. I'd probably put something heavy on top of it (a few books, maybe?) to increase the pressure on the fabric.

dollguy13
Former Member

Post by dollguy13 »

timetraveler1 wrote:i saw a tpe high quality doll for sale that had dark material on it that had faded , I believe until ordoll and or any other tpe doll company can resolve the fading color on skin (which i really hope they keep working on a correct formula to stop clothes from fading on doll skin , i have seen different tpe dolls ruined from dark stains that won't come out ) that companies should provide to the customers a sample piece of flat skin to let owners test clothing etc. on it to see how long before something will actually fade . to prevent or hopefully prevent fading on the doll it's self .
unless their is other info . i don't know about i know of no specific info. stating how long dark colors can be left on a doll before unrecoverable fade damage will occur ! this test skin sample to check about fading colors is no substitute for the real problem , and i as i mentioned hope ordoll and other companies continue to keep working on a correct formula fix for this problem .

I personally found that my TPE insert was the perfect item to test fabric on. You can set clothes on it and if it stains, you won't be able to see it while it's in your doll anyway, so the aesthetics don't matter. The other thing to keep in mind is that there is more than several factors affecting what can stain TPE. For example applying body heat to certain fabric dyes might facilitate a stain.

The best protection for a TPE or ORdoll is a skin colored body stocking; I have found. Then, it doesn't matter what you put on her, because it can't stain through the stocking.

SynDaverlover765

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

Totally agree.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

Body stocking is a good idea as an alternative , but i hope to see one day ordoll solve this peroblem so people don't have to keep worrying did some clothing stain my thousand of dollars doll and now won't come out , which leaves the doll looking as if it has massive bruising on the body .
I still believe though that a skin patch would be a good idea and also what someone else said about putting a book on it for pressure when testing clothing .

SynDaverlover765

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

I just might have to buy some. I am keeping an open mind about doll skin. I have my heart set a certain type. I look for medically accurit simulated skin and soft tissue.

INFORMATIONS