www.funwestdoll.com

Questions on dolls

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
oneparrot2many
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Questions on dolls

Post by oneparrot2many »

Hello I was wondering what is the difference between a latex doll and vinyl. Besides material. Is there a difference in feel durably. I am looking at the French beauty and thinking of getting one. Ty for reading.

sam treadwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Questions on dolls

Post by sam treadwell »

Hello oneparrot2many,

The biggest noticeable difference between vinyl and latex is the construction.
The vinyl dolls are of a two piece welded seam construction. The arms are usually orbital on these vinyl dolls, and as a result, don't look very realistic in the upper body area, at least not to me. This can be remedied by providing the doll with an appropriate top.

The latex dolls are poured, and are of a seamless design, and generally look more realistic as a result. The French Domax doll is not only latex, but of all the latex dolls that I have ever seen, has the most natural and flattering feminine figure. Latex is generally considered to be more durable, but members that have the French doll have reported that she does not have the same thick latex pour as the now defunct Nanma Conbo latex dolls.

Most members that have both have indicated that the latex skin feels the most natural to them. But there are trade off’s as well. For example, many vinyl dolls have the ability to use different inserts, a feature that is not to be taken lightly.

If it were me, I'd probably go with the Domax Poupee, despite the lack of removable insert options. She simply has the most amazing figure that generally one would have to spend considerably more on in order to get in a doll.

Sam

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Aye - good question - oneparrot2many - as any good pirate can tell ya - latex has a nice almost skin like feel - and if taken care of properly can last a very long time

As to the French air babes - they are hand crafted and like all things hand made - she might have certain blemishes or require a wee bit O more work than say a mass produced vinyl air babe - some as I've read here might not stay fully inflated due to a small pin hole leak - which are not uncommon to this design - again a wee bit O work and she will be fine with a dab of glue here O there - is all it takes to make her perfect

As to vinyl - well I like them very much as i luv the feel of vinyl (as well as latex) they are mass produced and usually don't require any quick fixes - and are ready to use at once

Price is the big issue though -

A fine French madame de Voyage will cost about $300 or so more Washington's after cost conversion/ VAT/ shipping

Vinyl come in three, (3) distinct modes of value - mid range - high end - that's kool too and what it really comes up to is whats your comfort zone - hi reality or just a sex toy -

Something to think about too is - latex dolls tend to be very floppy - whereas vinyl can be a bit stiff - especially if over inflated - choices choices

Happy Trails

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I will be giving my personal take soon enough lol
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

jayo215
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jayo215 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think latex dolls only have a simple sleeve for their entries. Cheap vinyls have simple sleeves (usually with a hard, sometimes sharp seam around it), but expensive vinyls have a better, molded, textured sleeve.

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

You are correct - jayo215 - :thumbs_up:

As most not all latex lassies have simply a luv tunnel - there are some special feature poupee-latex models with extra cost glued in inserts of silicone - but again that's simply an add on feature for extra Oscar ($$$) to a plain vanilla poupee-latex lassie - never tried it so i have no idea if it works or not

As to the vinyl air babes - yup right again - jayo215 - :thumbs_up:
Most vinyl air babes in the value line (NMC) might have that sharp seam around her entries (although not all dolls come that way) whereas the mid range and high end will offer a TPE removable or fixed insert of various degrees of usefulness

Happy Trails -

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

Yes i agree it is the construction , vinyl dolls also have what i call add on parts where breast etc. because of construction are added (glued? or molded ? on the dolls body ) which some people don't mind , i personally think it detracts from the realism and looks .
latex dolls on the other hand , the french poupee doll which as far as i know is the only latex doll maker left . is a one pour no seam body and to me looks more realistic.
for more realism i would chose the latex doll as my choice .
latex dolls can also have the head removed and stuffed with fiberfill craft stuffing , the doll is still lightweight about 20 pounds but more solid (instead of just inflated.

INFORMATIONS