www.wmdolls.com

A few starter questions

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
fenfen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

A few starter questions

Post by fenfen »

where is a good place to hunt for soft mannequins/parts?
I am wanting to start with a soft body and add/sew/mod silicon hands/feet/head to a soft body.

Has anyone ever seen full or medium size bisque hands or feet?
wow that would cool ambient i am sure a lil heavy.

How are most soft mannequins constructed? Are there diffrent types?
Life is short.
If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several,......do not under any circumstances play hard to get.
Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: A few starter questions

Post by samara78 »

Oh so many diffent yypes davinci is one type though rather expensive at almost 400 bucks. You can type soft flexible manniquin into google and get plenty of hits.
Forgot to mention some have the frame set first than it is put into a mold than filled with foam. Some are constructed in foam of two peices. Front and hack. The frame is set and centered on one side, than adhesive is is spayed on one or both. The two halves are then set together and pressed to ensure proper adhesion of the two halves together. Hope that helps.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I had thought about trying to mod a flexible mannequin but from what I have seen they don't pose "sexually" very well. The skeleton is gooseneck flex tubing that doesn't bend sharp at knees, hips, elbows, etc. These mannequins have been discussed a number of times on TDF.
But it may work for you or maybe you could install some better joints if you like?

Best of luck on getting a doll.
RK
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

fenfen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by fenfen »

@samara78 Most informative thankyou.
So most are done in high density prefrom foam? interesting
@rubherkitty I do not know they have boning. I looked up goosenek, looks like plumbing flexitube.
I will probly rig some sort of friction joints...I got an idea for that.

How flexible are soft mannaqin for dysplays? like latex foam comes in many types of stiffness, cell size, closed and open celled
Life is short.
If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several,......do not under any circumstances play hard to get.

fenfen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by fenfen »

well now in a quandary
http://buystoreshelving.com/flexible_ma ... /index.htm
http://buystoreshelving.com/flexible_ma ... /index.htm

=o what style...hmmm I gotta no idea.
Has anyone encountered hip joints like the velvet one?
Thoughts? opinions? pros, cons?

Also How many diffrent head attatchment styles are there? i seen alot of slot and rotate joints but don't know if there is a common standard or randomness...

Or i can go with a hard body....ready of umphs and sitting photos
http://buystoreshelving.com/sitting_fem ... /index.htm

I'm kinda a shutter bug, it would be nice to have a doll that I can take places and pose standing, at the same time sit on the bed with me.
Life is short.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi Fenfen,

Trying to find a flexible mannequin that can both sit & stand and look realistic is going to be somewhat difficult.
The soft ones tend to look like featureless blobs unfortunately.
There is this type of mannequin (hard fiberglass) that can be posed just about any way.
Joints look pretty clunky though.
http://www.mannequinstore.com/female_ma ... female.htm

Looks like Roxy Display has the same one for a lot less...
http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/m ... -fm-1.html
With that low of a price it might be a factory second with blemishes or something.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Is clunkella trying to wave at me?? :D
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

fenfen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by fenfen »

"featureless blobs" eh what do you mean?
needs to be soft for cuddles, i may like the /dolly/ things with hard hands and feet and head but gotta be fabric of some sort for cuddles n humping.
I think I wanna get two or one that is a good compromise.
=P
speaking to a plushiephile i like valor, faux fur, cotton and polyfill.

Thankyou for the links for ideas, so many websites with so little on the search engine
Life is short.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote:Is clunkella trying to wave at me?? :D
LOL, ah yes poor Clunkella.
Wasn't she the step sister with the creaking sound in her knee?

Hey RK go long! :lol:

Gahh! Spine just snapped.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

fenfen wrote:"featureless blobs" eh what do you mean?
needs to be soft for cuddles, i may like the /dolly/ things with hard hands and feet and head but gotta be fabric of some sort for cuddles n humping.
I think I wanna get two or one that is a good compromise.
=P
speaking to a plushiephile i like valor, faux fur, cotton and polyfill.

Thankyou for the links for ideas, so many websites with so little on the search engine
Maybe a homemade doll? PVC tube skeleton wrapped w/ foam tubing/ polyfill. Cover w/a catsuit.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

fenfen wrote:
"featureless blobs" eh what do you mean?
I guess I'm referring to these types of mannequins - just a basic form with no details.
Sorry no offense with the term but they just don't appeal to me.
Also, I don't think these types of mannequins will be soft like a plush doll.

Have you considered Teddybabes or Textile Dolls?
http://www.textiledoll.com/en/home

fenfen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by fenfen »

well all good info and opinions! thankyou all! its hard to image any doll since i never been up close to see one irl.
Only last question is, can you find just heads some place, and how many styles of attachment are there? is some common?
Life is short.

fenfen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by fenfen »

ya details, nipples lol.....
lol. maybe I like a certain level of artificialness... gotta parahpilla for inanimate objects, rather than a desire to fantiisze fully real woman and/or guy.
Life is short.

fenfen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by fenfen »

I figure with detailed, hands, feet, and head modded on to some /less/ spendy body is what I am going to do, so that is the subject i wanna asks about, where to get heads! amd how they work. I seen plenty of hands out there....not to many feet, but no interchangible heads on my web searches
Life is short.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Many of the doll makers will sell a head separately. Some won't, but you can sometimes get even these on the used market. Heads can be TPE or silicone. Closed mouth or slightly open for kissing or more open for oral.
Higher end dolls generally have their own custom attachment. Other dolls just use various sizes of threaded post.
Doll heads can run from $200.00 - 800.00. If you are on a budget and can live w/ out a soft kissing head/ oral you can find a nice used mannequin display or styling head on eBay or craigslist for around $15.00 - 20.00.

I bought a headless mannequin that had a threaded hole on top of neck. I bent a loop on some all thread and screwed into neck. Attached a mannequin display head via flat washer on top, bent nail hooks and spring. First one was vamp Nikki. Second pic is her half sister Dominique who was a stylist trainer head. Attached the same way.
Attachments
aa head.jpg
aa head.jpg (73.86 KiB) Viewed 4782 times
nikki glam 072.JPG
nikki glam 072.JPG (500.36 KiB) Viewed 4782 times
dominique 009.JPG
dominique 009.JPG (344.27 KiB) Viewed 4782 times

INFORMATIONS