Starpery.com

MIRACLE STAIN REMOVER FOR TPE - so simple, easy and cheap!

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: MIRACLE STAIN REMOVER FOR TPE - so simple, easy and chea

Post by Bunnyboybob »

I'm so glad my Chloe is cocoa skinned. I don't have to worry about what colour clothes I put on her. Besides I always get my stuff from second hand shops and wash it before use. But the clothes smell so clean where I go to it hardly seems necessary.
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

MarkGreen1967

Post by MarkGreen1967 »

Made a new account to share how great the 10% benzoyl peroxide works on its own.

There was a really bad stain from some black skirt that I left on my girl for a day. The stain was then left for another day while I tried looking for a way to clear it up.
Original stain 2 days in with no treatment:

About 2 hours after applying the benzoyl peroxide

About 9 hours after applying

About 24 hours after applying

Note: I was applying more benzoyl peroxide every 6 hours or so.

Eyessewnshut
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: MIRACLE STAIN REMOVER FOR TPE - so simple, easy and cheap!

Post by Eyessewnshut »

Can confirm on the arm and hammer toothpaste. Took 3 applications, but it got rid of black candle smoke soot. Don't ask.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Indigo20 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:08 pm !!! PLEASE DO NOT USE BPO FOR STAIN REMOVING ON TPE DOLLS !!!

Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) is harming the TPE structure in depth and it can do an out bleaching to the skin tone !
When this dire warning came out on Feb 22, 2018 the main point was that BPO was unknown and needed to be tested on various dolls with different TPE blends.
After almost 6 years of uses and applications of BPO on many TPE dolls to remove stains, there have not been a rash of reported problems or damages.

So is seems clear that Benzoyl Peroxide Ointment (acne cream, etc.) DOES work well to remove TPE doll stains.
The various strengths (5%, 10%, etc.) only seem to impact the time to eliminate the stain.

So please avoid the unknown "magic potions" sold by some and just get BPO designed for human applications.
With that stuff you KNOW what is in it and it has to meet certain quality standards to be used on humans.
I have yet to see a vendors stain remover list any other content than "stain remover" on the bottle.
If you really don't know what is in it, do you want to apply it to your doll?

Just saying.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Wheezer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:42 am
Indigo20 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:08 pm !!! PLEASE DO NOT USE BPO FOR STAIN REMOVING ON TPE DOLLS !!!

Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) is harming the TPE structure in depth and it can do an out bleaching to the skin tone !
When this dire warning came out on Feb 22, 2018 the main point was that BPO was unknown and needed to be tested on various dolls with different TPE blends.
After almost 6 years of uses and applications of BPO on many TPE dolls to remove stains, there have not been a rash of reported problems or damages.

So is seems clear that Benzoyl Peroxide Ointment (acne cream, etc.) DOES work well to remove TPE doll stains.
The various strengths (5%, 10%, etc.) only seem to impact the time to eliminate the stain.

So please avoid the unknown "magic potions" sold by some and just get BPO designed for human applications.
With that stuff you KNOW what is in it and it has to meet certain quality standards to be used on humans.
I have yet to see a vendors stain remover list any other content other than "stain remover" on the bottle.
If you really don't know what is in it, do you want to apply it to your doll?

Just saying.
Cheers!
... W ...
Agree!
I've been using this for years now with zero adverse results and a high degree of success.
I think the voice of reason can now claim this is the definitive method for stain removal on tpe dolls and is quite safe to use. And this isn't armchair pontification, this is my personal long term experience with the ten dolls I own covering a wide spectrum of doll manufacturers.

INFORMATIONS