Starpery.com

MIRACLE STAIN REMOVER FOR TPE - so simple, easy and cheap!

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Tim99
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: MIRACLE STAIN REMOVER FOR TPE - so simple, easy and chea

Post by Tim99 »

uhh i hate how easy tpe stains even with washed clothes it seems. gunna try some of these cuz $25 for stain remover is a bit high considering how much you get.

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

I learned how to clean whitewall tires on antique autos from an old restorer of same and he taught me to use toothpaste which worked perfectly to bring the white back on the tires. This would cause me to pause when thinking of applying it to my TPE girls. Do any reputable vendors have a proven stain removing product for TPE?
When one encounters a situation or circumstance the reason for which appears illusive it is best to ask one's self; cui bono? Who benefits?

Sanhui - 145cm C Sakura Head
Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

Tzty

Post by Tzty »

Exelent find THinOmaha :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

gonna test this as soon as i can, a new wig caused some staining....

:glou:

crazytony2

Post by crazytony2 »

Just my personal experience - tried the whitening toothpaste and found it 100% useless - it didn't touch the stain from dark clothing - it looked the same in the morning as it did when i applied the paste. So probably best not to rely on toothpaste as your No1 cleaner. I am now trying the Acne cream with fingers crossed.... :razz:

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Benzoyl peroxide acne cream (10% or better) has shown good results as a stain remover. But that also depends on the stain and the TPE composition of the doll. Those are not always the same.

In some cases massaging with baby oil works, the stain is absorbed into the base doll TPE.

But the toughest part is the patience .... it takes a while for them to work and the waiting seems to be the most difficult. :)

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

hotninskaya
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by hotninskaya »

So again: it's fluoride toothpaste, baking soda and peroxide? So the peroxide has to be added separately, as powder or something? And what are the proportions?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Dear God, please grant me some BLOODY PATIENCE NOW!
Benzoyl peroxide acne cream (10% or better) does reduce the waiting time from weeks to days :)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Sigh ... stains .. miracle cure ... stains .. miracle cure ... stains ... repeat.
Beep.
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

hotninskaya
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by hotninskaya »

Got 5% benzoyl peroxide acne cream, it worked on my Kimber doll which had pretty bad stains. I had to apply it a few times, so in total it was around 30-36 hours of exposure to the cream. Also, I was refreshing the cream from time to time (as it dried up) and rubbing it into her skin

terabyte
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by terabyte »

Tried this stuff, let it sit for a few hours, stains were practically gone. $6 at Walmart
20201120_183711.jpg
20201120_183711.jpg (172.76 KiB) Viewed 1591 times

lauhero
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by lauhero »

THinOmaha wrote:As a new owner of a full-size TPE love doll, I was disappointed by how easily she could be stained and even more disappointed by how expensive a small jar of stain remover is. I kept mulling it over until it finally struck me that it's not much more than toothpaste, and I was right.

My doll had discoloration from a dark-colored heating blanket I wrapped her in, and as of this writing she looks like new thanks to Arm & Hammer Advance White toothpaste with baking soda and peroxide. Applying it and leaving it did not work, but massaging it into her skin worked within a few minutes as I literally watched the stains lighten and then vanish before my eyes!

Fortunately, my doll hangs from a steel pipe in my shower where it was easy to do this and to rinse her off, but if you don't have this setup at least lay her in the tub.

I joined this forum just to share that information with others, as I have read many posts from frustrated owners trying to remove stains. I can't imagine an easier or cheaper way to do this, and I presume that any baking soda/peroxide toothpaste would work.

Good luck!
I did Two batches, one was toothpaste mixed with baking soda and another was 10% benzoyl peroxide. Both hardly removed much stain as my tpe doll stain from red dye clothing was quite vigorous. I am running out of ideas and meanwhile looking at the doll stains damn heartbreaking :oops:

I am considering buying the tpe stain remover cream from doll vendor because dunno wat else will work!!
dolls are a man's best friend

Beardy79
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Beardy79 »

I'm going to give this a try as my doll has now got some stains around her bikini line and on the back of her forearms. I'm in the UK and I believe Wilkos sell 75ml tubes for £1.00.

How long would you leave it on?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Light stains will disappear into the TPE over a month or so without any intervention :)

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

seagull wrote:Light stains will disappear into the TPE over a month or so without any intervention :)
All stains will disappear over time
It's practically impossible to permanently stain tpe

Even when I use sharpies on the nipples,it only last 6-8 weeks tops

Beardy79
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Beardy79 »

I know dark clothes are best avoided, and especially left on for long periods of time.

I've just soaked all the dark clothing in salt water for 6 hours . (Mainly black and reds)

And this attached photo is the result of the first soak.

Going to wash the clothes again, then dry and soak and repeat to try and get rid of as much residual dye as possible.

I know it won't completely stop it happening again, so in hindsight dark clothes are best avoided or at least washed several times before use. Then remove before leaving the doll for any length of time.

I'm an artist so was tempted to try and turn the stains in to temporary tattoos.

Light colours best, dark colours wash, dry, soak - repeat.
Attachments
PXL_20210615_130639155~2.jpg
PXL_20210615_130639155~2.jpg (752.21 KiB) Viewed 1061 times

INFORMATIONS