Ask the docs.

We turn dreams into reality!
hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Ask the docs.

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Thanks Pumpster, I'll try again, I didn't find that link before.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Pumpster wrote:
samara78 wrote:Excellent to hear pumster. In my opinion the mini is an art model. Permatex is the best on ds silicone. Sounds like you prepped properly and carried out .

I meant to say NO LATEX gloves only nitrile or poly gloves.
Please post a pic of your wonderful repair job.
Yes, I noticed that mini isn't very good for sex that one time I tried so she has been resting about whole time I've owned her and now her side cut is curing after spine joint operation. But now I'm again fixing vagina opening of DS145 that I bought for intimate use, that mesh inside is really poorly attached (I guess it was monday at DS quality control department) because now it detached from the side near the opening while I was inserting the sleeve. I put more Permatex inside around the opening to hold the mesh in place and let it cure too. I just hope that rest of the doll is that famously excellent DS quality and I don't need to be fixing broken joint next just like with the mini...

I tried to take a pic but my Samsung phone is really bad at close up pics because it does lousy job at focusing :cry:
hollows+fentiman wrote:Sam, I have a problem getting hold of Permatex in the UK. What specific label has it got so I can try to get it from the US? Thanks, Hollows.
That's strange, because I ordered my Permatex Clear RTV Silicone tube from UK via Ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Permatex-8005 ... Sw1x1UN-fp
You can fix this mesh pretty easy. Clean the inside of the doll with acetone (leaving mesh inside for acetone )
Then wear a poly or nitrile glove . put a bead of silicone on your finger tip. Starting in the middle and going out to euther side smooth the silicone into her vagina with your fingertip. Repeat on the other side.

You may have to do another thin layer after the first one cures in a couple of hours or so.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

A quick note on the riley doll. I have ordered an armiture kit for both of her wrists. They will be here in a couple of days. If it works out well. I will offer this service for smaller dolls with wire wrists down the road.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Forgot to add that the sili i had is ready to go to her new owner. Wish her a safe journey
I will be adding before and after pics of her repairs soon.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

samara78 wrote:You can fix this mesh pretty easy. Clean the inside of the doll with acetone (leaving mesh inside for acetone )
Then wear a poly or nitrile glove . put a bead of silicone on your finger tip. Starting in the middle and going out to euther side smooth the silicone into her vagina with your fingertip. Repeat on the other side.

You may have to do another thin layer after the first one cures in a couple of hours or so.
Mesh is OK, for now. Now I understand how some people might be frightened by the level of maintenance these dolls require, tube of silicone adhesive is mandatory. But thankfully Mini helped me to get over that phase and fixing doll isn't that bad. With my DS145 besides vagina mesh and tear I've already had to fix detached fingernail and eyelash too, those seem to come off pretty easily if not extra super careful. But these fixes are small peanuts compared to joint replacement operations.

By the way, can Permatex be dyed same way as Silpoxy?

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Pumpster wrote:
samara78 wrote:You can fix this mesh pretty easy. Clean the inside of the doll with acetone (leaving mesh inside for acetone )

Mesh is OK, for now. Now I understand how some people might be frightened by the level of maintenance these dolls require, tube of silicone adhesive is mandatory. But thankfully Mini helped me to get over that phase and fixing doll isn't that bad. With my DS145 besides vagina mesh and tear I've already had to fix detached fingernail and eyelash too, those seem to come off pretty easily if not extra super careful. But these fixes are small peanuts compared to joint replacement operations.

By the way, can Permatex be dyed same way as Silpoxy?
I don't recommend permatex for coloring or mixing. It won't cure like other silicone adhesives when mixed/colored or diluted.
Go look at my painting on silicone tutorial in repair and maintanance section for that info.

What you can mix and mix is rtv 4500 sil-bond. It can be colored and mixed with mineral spirits and powder cosmetics.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

This beautiful doll is repaired and on her way to her new home
I put tampons in her entries for the trip.
Attachments
Capture+_2016-08-26-03-49-20~2.jpg
Capture+_2016-08-26-03-49-20~2.jpg (40.97 KiB) Viewed 2143 times
20160826_024346.jpg
20160826_024346.jpg (2.95 MiB) Viewed 2143 times

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Great job samara! She looks in tip top condition and VERY flexible too!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Not really flexible so much. She broke at the weld in the first pic. Her back and neck were messed up bad!
I couldn't re weld her because tpe melts.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Oh I see! That was a before and after shot! Sorry, I didn't realise - you've done a great job though!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Yeah now she can sit up on her own. She is too heavy for me to keep.

Analog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Analog »

Hello samara78. The members around here really appreciate all your services and information. I'm attempting to replace the TPE ball in a Riley doll. I bought the doll brand new and I've only used the doll one time and the ball was flushed out during cleaning. I've attempted to glue it back in place with the supplied TPE glue from the vendor. The glue didn't really hold and the ball was easily removed again. I am hoping you can have a look at this other thread to see what i've done so far and offer me any advice you might have. My son is now with me and the doll is in storage in my basement, so i have some time to do further research before attempting this surgery again. Thank you

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 87#p961287

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Analog wrote:Hello samara78. The members around here really appreciate all your services and information. I'm attempting to replace the TPE ball in a Riley doll. I bought the doll brand new and I've only used the doll one time and the ball was flushed out during cleaning. I've attempted to glue it back in place with the supplied TPE glue from the vendor. The glue didn't really hold and the ball was easily removed again. I am hoping you can have a look at this other thread to see what i've done so far and offer me any advice you might have. My son is now with me and the doll is in storage in my basement, so i have some time to do further research before attempting this surgery again. Thank you

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 87#p961287
Use silicone caulk or permatex flowable silicone from the auto parts store. It must dry for a long while.wash the doll out withrubbing alcohol beforehand or nothing will stick to it ever.

Analog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Analog »

samara78 wrote: Use silicone caulk or permatex flowable silicone from the auto parts store. It must dry for a long while.wash the doll out withrubbing alcohol beforehand or nothing will stick to it ever.
Thank you. They have this in stock at my local hardware store. Would this be the "best" stuff i should get? Is 99% isopropyl good enough for cleaning, or should i get nail polish remover? Your help is very appreciated...

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/perma ... p.html#srp

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Nail polish remover is acetone based. You can get neat acetone from the chemists which will thoroughly clean anything and evaporates very quickly. The isopropyl alcohol also evaporates quickly and has a sterilising effect too. Either or both can be used as far as I can see!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

INFORMATIONS