www.wmdolls.com

TPE fingers...

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: TPE fingers...

Post by Muninn »

Huge respect to you Dollyman for continuing the quest for the perfect doll hands. I'm sure CC would be pleased that his project continues... he will be sorely missed by all.

Following these discussions with interest in fixing up Lynne someday. All her fingers seem to have broken at the palm now. One of her wires (on her ring finger) poked out quite badly, and so to save it damaging her elsewhere by accident, I ended up gently pulling the wire out through the end of the finger. Thought you all might find a photo of the wire useful to show what they are currently using. Production date would be at the very end of 2017.
Original finger wire, on centimetre squared paper for scale.
Original finger wire, on centimetre squared paper for scale.
IMAG3411.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 1897 times
One question, if I were to make a temporary fix by reattaching the wires into the original plate, would it be easy to reopen the "wound" later to do a proper job, of would it cause more scarring?

Best of luck to you all for finding a good solution - there's going to be a lot of doll lovers that are going to be very happy!
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!
Say Hi to her on "Dolls Alive"! - Lynne's Page

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

wrist-stitch.jpg
Making an incision just above where the wrist hinge is will give you access to everything. Sealing it up. There is no material loss, so either a good glue, or if comfortable using heat, wound is not difficult to stitch. The skin is quite forgiving to work with doing finger replacements.

I guess you have a floppy finger now ??? :) You may have difficulty attaching the wire back into palm plate.

This was CC's picture, and his idea of his palm plate coming to fruition....
IMG_1704.JPG
If yours is the same as this. You will not be able to insert the broken wire back in.

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Hi RGC_0767, yeah, a floppy finger, but actually it looks a lot better than the twisted mess of before! :) Good that it's possible to make a good fit of the opening... I have TPE glue that I'm going to practice in in a few hidden areas like behind her ear and her feet.

Going by the feel of her hand, that's the same original hand plate. So I guess that it isn't just a simple case of drilling out the old cement/wire remnants and gluing the old ones back in?

Sorry, lots of questions! Just want to make sure I don't do a bodge job when I get round to doing it. It'll be nice to do some photoshoots without having to hide her hands :)
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Muninn wrote:Hi RGC_0767, yeah, a floppy finger, but actually it looks a lot better than the twisted mess of before! :) Good that it's possible to make a good fit of the opening... I have TPE glue that I'm going to practice in in a few hidden areas like behind her ear and her feet.

Going by the feel of her hand, that's the same original hand plate. So I guess that it isn't just a simple case of drilling out the old cement/wire remnants and gluing the old ones back in?

Sorry, lots of questions! Just want to make sure I don't do a bodge job when I get round to doing it. It'll be nice to do some photoshoots without having to hide her hands :)
The good news is you can remove that palm plate and work on it away from her. There MAY be a tack weld holding the nut from coming loose so just be prepared for that. They are pretty thin tacks so it's not a big problem. (I'm going from info from member "Winterwarbo") we did our repairs at the same time. He said he had to deal with a small weld.
Here is video of what NOT to do... a lot of needless steps :) (*** WARNING MAY CONTAIN GORY CONTENT***) You may find some helpful hints though. But destruction of the doll hands was sort of horrible to watch :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBzac02O7-o

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Muninn wrote: So I guess that it isn't just a simple case of drilling out the old cement/wire remnants and gluing the old ones back in?
There is this thread of replacement without having to remove anything but the old wires, and cleaning out the old glue,etc. It give me the inspiration to do the initial cut and go from there :)

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... eplacement

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Ah, thanks for that link, might have a try and at least do one hand at some point. Will be good for a shortish term fix, if I can do the wound closing right :)
(They/Them)

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Muninn wrote:Ah, thanks for that link, might have a try and at least do one hand at some point. Will be good for a shortish term fix, if I can do the wound closing right :)
Yep, I was worried about sealing up the wound, Turned out it was the easiest thing about the whole job. I just used a cheap 30 watt solder iron, with a homemade 2" inch thin copper blade attached. allowed me to seal the cut without burning a big hole. Low tech fixes work too LOL
If you have the actual TPE glue, than your golden.
Getting your cut smooth is the first important step when opening her up. I first tried with an exacto knife, surprising how hard it is to cut. I just ended up using small sharp scissors. Snip!

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Soooo....I was all ready to do Jo's surgery this Friday (May 4th) but I've come up with an idea for an improved knuckle joint that will allow for a three plane movement (down, side to side).
We had set up a prototype that had four plane movement (side to side, up and down) and that's the one I had planned on installing in Jo. CC and I had both agreed that this particular prototype was ill suited for general masses as it was likely to susceptible to end user damage, so the final end user mod was too be two plane movement (up and down). The flexibility of the two plane movement allowed for a certain amount of side to side movement and was much much less susceptible to damage.
But wait wait, lol! This all new joint for the knuckle (where the articulated fingers would anchor to CC's hand plate) would allow for a three way movement (side to side, and down) which while not as strong as the two way movement, would certainly be stronger than the four plane movement.
So, I've decided to put off Jo's surgery while we do some experimenting with this new joint.
Ya'll will see a poll very very soon asking end users (yes, we want your feedback, unlike the Chinese manufactures) about what is wanted in the knuckle movement and the sacrifices and or advantages of each joint. Look for it later this evening ;-)
Thanks for being so understanding the slowness of uptake on this project. Losing my partner in crime hit me kinda hard :-(
D
PS-special shout out to Mannequin Fan for having solved a problem in this new joint! Nailed it dood!

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Wow, you guys are really putting in some time and thought to this! Will watch out for the poll, but I have an idea which way I'd vote.
(They/Them)

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Here's what I sort of experienced when I replaced the wires on LuAnne.

I went with 14 gauge. at first. It was tough!! real tough!! It seemed easier to pose the wires out of the hand. "Hey these bend nice"..then once I got them in her hand... they did not seem as easy to work. Resistance from TPE. It felt awkward. Plus I did not trust if a mishap of her falling on her hand, those wires would bust through her hand. They would not break.

I did a more flexible design. and they hold up and absorb any sort of blow. Whatever the angle.
The drawback is grip. But I'm not expecting her to grasp anything now. Too much of a pain to get her to hold anything. Probably one of the many reasons those factory wires snapped.

But was surprised how the TPE will alter how the finger "bones" will behave...
Just my limited experience.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Here's the poll I spoke of.
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&t=100019
Please take a moment to vote.
Thanks,
D

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Muninn wrote:Ah, thanks for that link, might have a try and at least do one hand at some point. Will be good for a shortish term fix, if I can do the wound closing right :)
Here is a thread that RainKing is currently working on his lady's hand. https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&t=100140

I know we worry a lot about hideous scars. But making a nice clean cut in the beginning will help to make a nice clean stitch to finish the job.
What is in between all that is sometimes the real pain!!
:)

INFORMATIONS